Ace Attorney Apollo Justice.

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
Reborn from the Ashes

Ace Attorney Apollo Justice.

Post by Reborn from the Ashes »

Ace Attorney 4 will be released on the 19th of February. There's a short flash demo of the first case here http://www.court-records.net/gs4demo.htm, in case any of you haven't seen it yet.

Ace Attorney 4 will have four cases. The luminol and finger print testing that appeared in 1-5 will be back, as well as other methods of "scientific investigation". There will also be something called the Perceive system that allows Apollo to use the bracelet he wears as a kind of magnifying glass on witnesses, allowing him to look for the signs of lying (such as sweating, excessive blinking, etc...).
daknight

Post by daknight »

I remember when that demo was posted xP Took awhile to access it since everyone was playing it O_O Is just a mock-up one of the first case (you really get to do one clue) but for any Phoenix Wright fan it wets your appetite for Apollo Justice xP

Feb sure is going to be a good month for DS with Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright coming out just 9 days apart :D
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

I've never played the phoenix wright games, because I don't have a DS, but hearing about them makes me wanna buy one. What is Professor Layton?
daknight

Post by daknight »

JimboKudo wrote:I've never played the phoenix wright games, because I don't have a DS, but hearing about them makes me wanna buy one. What is Professor Layton?
You can find information about the game here:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/847/847522p1 ... Sid=847522

The trailer for it can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeZOAqRdDBU

If you like adventure and puzzle games you should defently look out for this game :D
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

So it's basically the spiritual sequel to the Mysterious Island of Dr. Brain. Looks interesting.
RandommodnaR
Runner

Post by RandommodnaR »

I'm quite skeptical about this game. I don't want to see Apollo suffering from the Raiden Syndrome (new character under the wing of the veteran, hated by the fans).
But, of course, as soon as it comes out in argentina, i'll buy it. 8)
And then the long pulse of Zion Dub...
daknight

Post by daknight »

RandommodnaR wrote:I'm quite skeptical about this game. I don't want to see Apollo suffering from the Raiden Syndrome (new character under the wing of the veteran, hated by the fans).
But, of course, as soon as it comes out in argentina, i'll buy it. 8)
He is really not under the wing of the veteran actually xP You can have a taste of the new character in the mock of demo of the first trial of the game. I think is best this is bound to happen as having Phoenix continue messing up from time to time after so many important cases will be weird (He did became Legendary or that is how he is mention in the game).

From what I read, apperently the new cast is pretty good. Of course is always weird and one might be harder on the new cast cause of nostalgia of loving the old cast of the Ace Attorney saga game, but from what it seems, the new character will be cool xP

Also, when is it coming out in Argentina? Cause really if is coming out 2 months after the release in the states, I would just import it from the states since the DS is region Free xP
RandommodnaR
Runner

Post by RandommodnaR »

Well... Importing something to Argentina gets REALLY expensive, because our currency is devaluated if we compare it to the dollar. What costs 30 bucks in America, costs 90 pesos (our currency). And 90 pesos for a game (NOTE: I'm not adding shipping and handling >_<) is really expensive.
daknight

Post by daknight »

RandommodnaR wrote:Well... Importing something to Argentina gets REALLY expensive, because our currency is devaluated if we compare it to the dollar. What costs 30 bucks in America, costs 90 pesos (our currency). And 90 pesos for a game (NOTE: I'm not adding shipping and handling >_<) is really expensive.
You got a point there, importing can be a pain. I can't imagine if it was the European that got the things first, importing would be expensive since the dollar is less than and Euro.

Sorry about that, I tend to forget about the different monetary values of things. Hopefully the game is realease soon over there. I have never heard of the gaming scene in Argetina (since every just talks either Japan, Europe or the Unite State). Do they jack prices up in Argentina the same they do in Europe or it is a more stable price based on the monetary value of 'pesos'? I always heard the Australians, European and most people in PAL region mention how they get screw with the pricing over there, would be interesting to hear about other regions :D

Also, I am from Puerto Rico, so if you want you can talk in spanish to me xP We get a bit screw here since they put 3 to 4 dollars over the MSPR price of games (except Sears and now Circuit City) and we are excluded from any contest they held to win a free something (when is based for the 'United States' we are in the 'excluding Puerto Rico' part :( )
RandommodnaR
Runner

Comic

Post by RandommodnaR »

Yesterday, lurking the intrawebz for Phoenix Wright stuff i found this hilarious comic that makes fun of the Apollo-Kristoph relationship.
I couldn't stop laughing, that's for sure.

It's not EXACTLY Safe for work. Mild Language, implied sexual relationship.
Attachments
84594 - Ace_Attorney Apollo_Justice Kristoph_Gavin.jpg
daknight

Post by daknight »

Finally reserved my copy today :D I better get my special keychain or I'll be knocking down the gamestop >.< Still I am sad the employes didn't even know this game was coming out :( Oh well there lost! I pray my University stuff isn't hurt to much with Professor Layton and Ace Attorney taking my time now O_O
Reborn from the Ashes

Post by Reborn from the Ashes »

Amusing comic, although I can't help feeling a little sad.

Oh, I forgot to mention; According to a recent interview, Capcom are looking at ways of bring the Encyclopedia (a bonus that came with the limited edition of Gyakuten Saiban 4) to North America. The interview also mentions that they've got some new ideas for Gyakuten Saiban 5 (but won't say who the protagonist will be), and that there are no plans currently to bring the series out on any other console apart from the DS.

The interview is here (no AA4 spoilers) http://www.siliconera.com/2008/02/01/in ... interview/