Pole Position Remix

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Pole Position Remix

Post by JunkerMike »

Bought this game for my iPod on Friday. I'm really trying to like it, but the bad controls due to the over sensitive iPod navigation wheel are really frustrating me. And plus the AI comes in two forms! The green cars just stay in their lane or whatever, while the purple cars close in on you like fucking magnets! But there's some interesting things about the game though. You can either have the game play it's own music, or you can use music from your iPod Library, and I made a playlist exclusively to use during the game. This is my playlist so far:

"Seven Seas of Rhye" by Queen
"For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)" by AC/DC
"Heading Out To The Highway" by Judas Priest
"Cars" by Gary Numan ( :P )
"In Between Days" by The Cure
"Interstate Love Affair" by Night Ranger
"Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car" by Billy Ocean
"While You See A Chance" by Steve Winwood
"I Can't Turn You Loose" by Otis Redding
"Young Turks" by Rod Stewart
"Move It On Over" by George Thorogood (I also used this song on my GTA:LCS playlist and my Excite Truck playlist. I guess it's just a great song for driving. :D )
"Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett
"The Kids Are Back" by Twisted Sister
"All I Need Is A Miracle" by Mike + The Mechanics
"Gimme Some Lovin'" by The Blues Brothers
"Can't Hardly Wait" by The Replacements
"Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams
"Love Removal Machine" by The Cult
"Through Being Cool" by Devo
"Heart Turns To Stone" by Foreigner
"Hip To Be Square" by Huey Lewis & The News
"Wasted Years" by Iron Maiden
"Two Hearts" by Bruce Springsteen
"Naughty Naughty" by John Parr
"Heat Of The Moment" by Asia
"Foolin'" by Def Leppard
"Suspicious Minds" by Fine Young Cannibals
"Drivin'" by Richie Havens

As you can see, most of those songs are from the 80's, and that's because Pole Position is a game that came out in the 80's, so I exclusively use songs from the 80's and before only. Another interesting thing about the game is that during gameplay, it displays album covers from songs in your iPod as billboards.