Diablo 3! AT LAST

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
RandommodnaR
Runner

Diablo 3! AT LAST

Post by RandommodnaR »

This is the dawning of the age of Diablo 3!

One of the most expected games in the history of RPG's, and considered vaporware by some, has been announced in Blizzard's home page!
Quote from Blizzard staff
Diablo III is being developed as the definitive action role-playing game, and a true continuation of the Diablo series. Players will create a hero from one of five distinct classes, such as barbarian or witch doctor, each equipped with an array of spells and abilities. As these heroes adventure through rich and varied settings, unraveling an epic storyline and engaging in combat with hordes of monsters and challenging bosses, they’ll grow in experience and ability and acquire items of incredible power.

The game takes place on Sanctuary, a world of dark fantasy. Unbeknownst to most of its inhabitants, Sanctuary was saved some twenty years ago from the demonic forces of the underworld by a few brave and powerful heroes. Most of those warriors who directly faced Hell’s armies -- and were fortunate enough to survive -- went mad from their experiences. And most of the others have buried their haunted memories and pushed the horrors from their thoughts. In Diablo III, players will return to Sanctuary to confront evil in its many forms once again.

Diablo III will be a fitting sequel to Diablo II, with the easy interface, fast-paced action, and visceral gameplay that Diablo players have come to expect and enjoy. It will also include many new features that will take the Diablo action-RPG experience to the next level.

Features:

* Five powerful character classes to choose from, including the barbarian and witch doctor
* Brand-new 3D graphics engine enhanced with spectacular visual effects and Havok physics
* Numerous indoor and outdoor areas detailing new regions in the world of Sanctuary
* Interactive environments with dangerous traps and obstacles, and destructible elements
* Randomly generated worlds bolstered by scripted events for endless and dynamic gameplay
* Vast assortment of fiendish monsters, with unique attack patterns and behaviors
* New quest system and character-customization options for the ultimate action RPG experience
* Multiplayer functionality over Battle.net with support for cooperative and competitive play
Diablo III is being developed as the definitive action role-playing game

New class confirmed, the Witch Doctor.

* Witch doctor can cast out locus swarm, which spreads between targets and deals damage. Can summon mongrel things that he can cast locust swarm on, which buffs their damage. Outdoor environment now. Quite pretty in that vibrant, slightly cartoonish Blizzard graphical style. Like with StarCraft 2 and it's similarities to the original, Diablo 3 looks and sounds, at least at a glance, quite similar to previous games. Witch doctor also has a mass fear type of ability. (Source)
* Witch doctor using a fire bomb spell. Can summon a wall of zombies that stays stationary, but the zombies in the wall flail their arms and do damage to their oponents. (Source)

Evolution of Diablo
- Outdoor Environments
- Amazing moment to moment action
- Expanded RPG experience
- New Systems most of which wont be talked today but in upcoming months more info will be released.

Spirit of Diablo
- Replayable RPG
Powerful heroes engaged in epic large scale combat
- Approachable gameplay cooperative focus

Epic Heroes
- Large scale combat
- Massively powerful classes
- Strong and unique archetypes
- Hallmark of diablo ii better in diablo iii -- Blizzard wants to improve the classes diversity

Approachable
- If you can click a mouse ... you can play diablo.
- Isometric gameplay in 3D
- Simple to learn, but deep
- Smooth difficulty curve

Cooperative Play
- Play on Battle.net
- Join your friends anytime
- Massive cooperative battles
- More to come ...

A better action game
- Kickass player characters
- Improved controls
- Less spam, more death.
- A new breed of monster

Hotbar
- Skills over potions
- Cleaner UI
- Greater skills diversity escape, control, buffs
- Class specific tactics
- Better gameplay slightly less carpal tunnel

New Health System
- Little to no downtime
- Encourages conflict
- Positional gameplay
- Cooperative play

Diablo III is a very intensive gameplay RPG hack'n slash with big epic battles in multiplayer.

The Barbarian can now actually help heal other players who are in the back when gaining health loot in the frontlines.

Monsters
Berserker - Aggressive creatures, massive damage charged up attak, vulnerable if he misses.

A better RPG
- Improve story without losing opt in feel
- Rmove the generic feeling from random dungeons
- Bring the world to life with more npc interactions.

Adventures
- Events that can be placed almost anywhere
old abandoned house to explore evil cult sumoning ritual
Caravan that needs protecting
Enemy camp with boss

Sumary
- Diablo iii remains true to the universe and gameplay of the series
- Diablo iii is a deeper action game without sacrificing ease of play
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3

Ooooh! It's been ever so long since I was THIS excited for a game!
The only thing i can complain so far is the classes. Only 5? Pshaw. But, it means they have an expansion in mind. And it's gonna be like our beloved classic!

Ahhhh, i feel so happy i could cry... :cry:

Blizzard... thanks. =D>
And then the long pulse of Zion Dub...
JimboKudo
Major

Re: Diablo 3! AT LAST

Post by JimboKudo »

I'm really looking forward to playing co-op online with my friends. If there's one thing that Blizzard gets right, it's the internet.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

I'm still on the fence about this one.
annecurtiz
Favorite Game: metal gear
Kojima games owned: castlevania symphony of the night

Post by annecurtiz »

i have been waiting for the release of this game since forever.. it seems they always postpone the date of the release. i can not wait any longer..