What is the first game you ever played and/or owned?

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

What is the first game you ever played and/or owned?

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

I remember the first one I played was Mario Bros./Duck Hunt on the good ol' NES, but the first one I actually ever owned was Mega Man X on the SNES, I keep it under my pillow at night :) What about you guys?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

First game I played? Pac man and Spiderman for the VCS 2600 (Atari 2600), at my friend Carlos Rodriguez's home around winter 1980...

The first one I owned? Enduro, Sequest and Kangaroo for the same console a couple of years later.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

I can't remember if it is that same double cart Mario/Duck Hunt that was the first I played, or a Commodore 64 game, like Winter Games or something like that. I didn't own a game for a long time after that, as I was quite young and I had three older brothers to buy em for me.
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

My dentist always had some classic videogame cabnits. He had Pac-Man, Double Dragon, Midway Racing, and one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games among others. It made getting cavities filled fun.
Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

I think the first ever game i played was Sonic 1 on the Master System, the first ever game i owned was tetris on the gameboy, but the first PROPER was Tomb Raider on PSX
Uchiha Sasuke

Post by Uchiha Sasuke »

It was Shinobi 2 in Game Gear. In PS it was Bloody Roar 2. I don't remember my first games on other consoles.
MGS, FF, Naruto Trinity
Crowley
Runner

Post by Crowley »

One of the first games I can remember playing was Who Dares Wins 2 for Commodore 128. First game I actually owned... Possibly Turbo Outrun for the same computer.
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

I hate how my tastes are so controlled by what others think. It used to be when I was younger, I could perfectly happy playing any old piece of shit. Now I get all detrimental if everything isn't the least bit perfect in games or movies.
Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Falcon

Post by Red Falcon »

First game I owned and beat was Super Mario Land for Gameboy.
FDIS

Post by FDIS »

I don't remember the first game i played, but the first game i owned was either Cruisn' USA or Tetris for N64 and GameBoy respectively.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

Mario and duck hunt double cart, back in 1988, it came with our nes when we brought it home the summer before we went to London(where I played you know what for the first time lol), with the oldschool grey power gun and all. The cart again was super mario bros. + duck hunt. It's all I played until megaman 2 entered my life.....and maniac mansion ibm..........hell there are so many good games of my childhood, I cant be bias haahahaahahah.