Killzone 2

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
PSN: Commander_AK-47

Killzone 2

Post by Commander_AK-47 »

So I just beat the campaign mode of Killzone 2 in a total of 7 hours 20 minutes and 38 seconds. I think that's a new personal best. I just feel like expressing my massive contentment with this game. The graphics are unbelievably sexy and beautiful, the gameplay is intense and makes you sit on the edge of your seat, as well as being extremely difficult and frustrating, the storyline is amazing and emotional from beginning to end and enthralls you and captivates your mind long after you are done. The multiplayer mirrors most of the same traits. I am very impressed by Guerrilla, I seriously didn't think they were capable of this feat of awesomeness until this game came out. Critics give it between a 9.5 and a 10, Metascore is around 95, and I give it a 7 out of 5. I am extremely pleased by the quality of this game, I expected it but it is still a surprise. I am not sure if it will be able to pull the PS3 out of its current slump or perhaps all the way through 2009 single-handedly but one thing is for sure, this is the crown jewel of Sony's line up and the best exclusive to hit the PS3 since its creation. Any thoughts?
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Re: Killzone 2

Post by Henry Spencer »

Looks mediocre and if the demo is anything to go by, I won't be playing the game. Sorry.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Dude, trust me its exactly the opposite of what you think. No, it's the opposite times 10.
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

I rememebr the first KILLZONE being a bad-ass PS2 game!

I just played the demo of KILLZONE 2, after waiting FOREVER for this game!
I can say I'm let-down by the "length" of the demo! (it was super short)

Other than that the game looks and plays pretty fucking amazing!

I'm definatly going to pick this game up when i can, hopefully it's a good 7 hours of FPS joy :mrgreen:
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Is the game better than the demo, really? Since all I've heard off reviews is how good the graphics are, forgetting the most important element of them all; the gameplay.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Dude you have to be fucking kidding me. The only thing better than the amazing graphics is the intense gameplay. The gameplay is not lacking in the least bit, online and offline. Also, there are some awesome engines in play; like one that creates a unique falling pattern for enemies depending on the points of impact on their bodies, there are over a million combinations of the way enemies fall. On top of that all the essential elements of the game each get a 10 out of 10. Anyone who says this game is not good or who has not anticipated its awesomeness and pre-ordered it months ago is a fucking idiot. I don't think anyone could possible be unhappy with this game, it's just that good.
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Then I am a fucking idiot. I don't get hyped up about games anymore. Grown out of that. I'll give Killzone 2 a rental to see if it's worth buying.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

I didn't mean to insult you, just meant to express my happiness with how great the game is. I don't make t a habit to get hyped over games, because lately I have usually been disappointed with them, but trust me, this game is worth the hype.
Randam Hajile
Favorite Game: Super Metroid
Kojima games owned: -Policenauts
-Snatcher (Sega CD)
-Metal Gear Solid I
-Metal Gear Solid II - Substance
-Metal Gear Solid III - Subsistence
-Metal Gear: Ghost Babel
-Zone of Enders 2: The Second Runner

Post by Randam Hajile »

I've played the demo at a friend's house and i must say, it really did look quite impressive -there wasn't much time for you to really get the feel of the game though. The demo was way too short- . However when it came down to gameplay, the aiming system felt a little "loose". Still gonna give it a try when i get the chance, though.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Definitely, and when you do, you will fall for it.
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

Yeah, I just saw a video review for it. It almost looks steam-punk because of the terrain. This may be the thing that actually pushes me to getting a ps3. Can't wait to play it.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

Clunky controls, boring gameplay, seemingly boring story, not gonna bother with this one. It does look great and sound great, however. But that only gets you so far in my book.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Dick Motorman wrote:...Clunky controls...
False
Dick Motorman wrote:...boring gameplay...
False
Dick Motorman wrote:...seemingly boring story...
Mega False
Dick Motorman wrote:...not gonna bother with this one. It does look great and sound great, however. But that only gets you so far in my book.
Then you must be holding your book upside down. First of all, try it before you knock it, second i honestly can't imagine a person who wouldn't like this game or would be so cynical as you and not even give it a try. It's just that good.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

Commander_AK-47 wrote:
False
False
Mega False
Dick Motorman wrote:...not gonna bother with this one. It does look great and sound great, however. But that only gets you so far in my book.
Then you must be holding your book upside down. First of all, try it before you knock it, second i honestly can't imagine a person who wouldn't like this game or would be so cynical as you and not even give it a try. It's just that good.

Yet again you try and make an argument out of false statements, I have played it so I think I have the right to critique it, don't you? You say it yourself "any thoughts?" by this I figured you mean "what are your opinions on the game?", apparently I was mistaken as every time someone has said anything negative about this game you feel the need to whine about how it's such an incredible game and how everyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong. So I guess what you really meant by "any thoughts?" was "only reply if you agree with me, otherwise my world will implode". If you didn't want our opinions why did you ask for them? Not everyone is gonna love the same things you love, and going on a fanboy-esque tirade isn't going to bring anyone over to your side either.

Also my book is very much right side up, although unlike yours it is not a picture book, so I can see how you'd get confused.

Like I've said before I'm not a cynic, I'm a realist, and realistically this game is anything but incredible.

Grow up.
Junker_05
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: At the moment, Team Fortress 2.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid (PSone)
Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (PSP)
Policenauts (PSone)
Snatcher (Mega CD)

Post by Junker_05 »

[quote="Dick Motorman"

Yet again you try and make an argument out of false statements, I have played it so I think I have the right to critique it, don't you? You say it yourself "any thoughts?" by this I figured you mean "what are your opinions on the game?", apparently I was mistaken as every time someone has said anything negative about this game you feel the need to whine about how it's such an incredible game and how everyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong. So I guess what you really meant by "any thoughts?" was "only reply if you agree with me, otherwise my world will implode". If you didn't want our opinions why did you ask for them? Not everyone is gonna love the same things you love, and going on a fanboy-esque tirade isn't going to bring anyone over to your side either.

Also my book is very much right side up, although unlike yours it is not a picture book, so I can see how you'd get confused.

Like I've said before I'm not a cynic, I'm a realist, and realistically this game is anything but incredible.

Grow up.[/quote]

Owned. Sorry kid.
"Don't get even - GET MAD!" - Joker, Batman: The Killing Joke
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

Well about the "clunky controls" thing :
It was intentionally done to give the player the feel of wearing the heavy body armor.
(and the movement/speed restrictions caused by it)

But to me HALO had that same problem, great gameplay, crap story and level design.
And the enemies in my opinion lacked variety and good character design (but had good AI).

I know not everyone will like this game, probebly hate it like I hate HALO....
but knocking eachother over a game?...come on guy's...
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Dick Motorman wrote:Yet again you try and make an argument out of false statements, I have played it so I think I have the right to critique it, don't you? You say it yourself "any thoughts?" by this I figured you mean "what are your opinions on the game?", apparently I was mistaken as every time someone has said anything negative about this game you feel the need to whine about how it's such an incredible game and how everyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong. So I guess what you really meant by "any thoughts?" was "only reply if you agree with me, otherwise my world will implode". If you didn't want our opinions why did you ask for them? Not everyone is gonna love the same things you love, and going on a fanboy-esque tirade isn't going to bring anyone over to your side either.

Grow up.
By "any thoughts?" I meant "want to debate this?" as in say what your opinion is and I'll oppose it and vise versa. So I welcome your "critique" and want to debate it, what I don't welcome is your insults so in response to those, fuck you. I am no fanboy, and I do not support my side with false information. You never said you played it, you said you weren't going to give it a chance, and therefore I assumed you haven't played it. I know the controls are not clunky, and I know the story is not boring, and I definitely know that the gameplay is nothing less that intense and awesome. This is supported by professional reviewers and everyone I know. If every time I oppose you, you're just going to insult my knowledge of games and call me a fanboy instead of actually debating the content of my posts, how are we supposed to do anything but mindlessly argue. It's not me that needs to grow up, its you.
el_ash wrote: I know not everyone will like this game, probebly hate it like I hate HALO....
Thank you, but tell that to Dick. All I knock is the material. However, now that I think of it the only bad thing I can find about the game is that the enemies are bullet soakers. However, I don't think anyone will end up hating this game like people hated Halo.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

Commander_AK-47 wrote:
Dick Motorman wrote:Yet again you try and make an argument out of false statements, I have played it so I think I have the right to critique it, don't you? You say it yourself "any thoughts?" by this I figured you mean "what are your opinions on the game?", apparently I was mistaken as every time someone has said anything negative about this game you feel the need to whine about how it's such an incredible game and how everyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong. So I guess what you really meant by "any thoughts?" was "only reply if you agree with me, otherwise my world will implode". If you didn't want our opinions why did you ask for them? Not everyone is gonna love the same things you love, and going on a fanboy-esque tirade isn't going to bring anyone over to your side either.

Grow up.
By "any thoughts?" I meant "want to debate this?" as in say what your opinion is and I'll oppose it and vise versa. So I welcome your "critique" and want to debate it, what I don't welcome is your insults so in response to those, fuck you. I am no fanboy, and I do not support my side with false information. You never said you played it, you said you weren't going to give it a chance, and therefore I assumed you haven't played it. I know the controls are not clunky, and I know the story is not boring, and I definitely know that the gameplay is nothing less that intense and awesome. This is supported by professional reviewers and everyone I know. If every time I oppose you, you're just going to insult my knowledge of games and call me a fanboy instead of actually debating the content of my posts, how are we supposed to do anything but mindlessly argue. It's not me that needs to grow up, its you.
el_ash wrote: I know not everyone will like this game, probebly hate it like I hate HALO....
Thank you, but tell that to Dick. All I knock is the material. However, now that I think of it the only bad thing I can find about the game is that the enemies are bullet soakers. However, I don't think anyone will end up hating this game like people hated Halo.
good lord, I don't give a shit what you think about this game, ak, the game is not why I made that post. It's the fact that your whole argument about the reason why I don't like the game is invalid; you make a point of saying that I didn't play the game, when I did. What I'm arguing about is not this game, but rather your refusal to accept other peoples opinions, and your constant need to fight with people. The false facts I was referring to where not about the game, but rather about your argument that I did not play the game.

There's zero need to go on these ridiculous tirades because people dislike the game, you don't have to defend it to the death, people don't like it, big deal, the world isn't going to end.

You need to try and understand what I'm saying, and what I'm arguing about before you start trying to make a case against me.

Let me simplify it for you; me not care about shitty game, me dislike when you tell me I dont play game when i did.

Also, I'm sorry but how are these not faboyish?
Dude you have to be fucking kidding me. The only thing better than the amazing graphics is the intense gameplay. The gameplay is not lacking in the least bit, online and offline. Also, there are some awesome engines in play; like one that creates a unique falling pattern for enemies depending on the points of impact on their bodies, there are over a million combinations of the way enemies fall. On top of that all the essential elements of the game each get a 10 out of 10. Anyone who says this game is not good or who has not anticipated its awesomeness and pre-ordered it months ago is a fucking idiot. I don't think anyone could possible be unhappy with this game, it's just that good.
Commander_AK-47 wrote:
False
False
Mega False
Those are your arguments to the people that didn't like the game. Calling their opinions false and accusing them of not playing the game. I understand that the wording of my original post about the game was a little odd, and I can see how you could have construed it as saying I hadn't played the game, but I never said I hadn't either, so for you to assume I didn't and use it as an argument is child like.

I just don't see why you feel the need to constantly start fights with everyone, even now, my post wasn't about fighting you, it wasn't about belittling you, it wasn't about this game, it was about you and your refusal to get your facts straight before you try and tell some one they are wrong, and the sheer fact that you're trying to tell people that their opinion is wrong, you can't do that, it's there fucking opinion! No one has said that you're wrong for liking the game, so why should anyone be wrong for not liking the game? You like the story, you like the gameplay, you like controls, good for you, but I don't and thats all I was ever trying to say, I don't like the game. I'm sorry if somehow that upsets you but, it's the truth.

And please, I wouldn't have insulted you if you hadn't done it to me first.

AK, I don't dislike you, but please, grow up. Not all these little arguments have to turn into shit flinging fights.
el_ash wrote:Well about the "clunky controls" thing :
It was intentionally done to give the player the feel of wearing the heavy body armor.
(and the movement/speed restrictions caused by it)

But to me HALO had that same problem, great gameplay, crap story and level design.
And the enemies in my opinion lacked variety and good character design (but had good AI).

I know not everyone will like this game, probebly hate it like I hate HALO....
Like I said, It's not about the game, I don't care about the game, it's about him telling me I'm wrong for having my own opinion, and the same with anyone else that didn't like the game thats posted in this thread.

Also, it's fine that it was intentional, that doesn't mean I have to like it, nor does it mean it was a good idea.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

You know what game everybody loves? Donkey Kong Country. That game is bad-ass.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

lmao
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Dick Motorman wrote: ...your whole argument about the reason why I don't like the game is invalid; you make a point of saying that I didn't play the game, when I did. ... I understand that the wording of my original post about the game was a little odd, and I can see how you could have construed it as saying I hadn't played the game, but I never said I hadn't either, so for you to assume I didn't and use it as an argument is child like. ... What I'm arguing about is not this game, but rather your refusal to accept other peoples opinions, and your constant need to fight with people. The false facts I was referring to where not about the game, but rather about your argument that I did not play the game.
There's zero need to go on these ridiculous tirades because people dislike the game, you don't have to defend it to the death, people don't like it, big deal, the world isn't going to end. You need to try and understand what I'm saying, and what I'm arguing about before you start trying to make a case against me. ... it was about you and your refusal to get your facts straight before you try and tell some one they are wrong, and the sheer fact that you're trying to tell people that their opinion is wrong, you can't do that, it's there fucking opinion! No one has said that you're wrong for liking the game, so why should anyone be wrong for not liking the game? You like the story, you like the gameplay, you like controls, good for you, but I don't and thats all I was ever trying to say, I don't like the game. I'm sorry if somehow that upsets you but, it's the truth.
For the second time, You said you "wouldn't give this one a chance". Your wording led me to think you hadn't played it. I wasn't accusing you of not playing it and I wasn't using that accusation to argue the games quality. I didn't call your opinion wrong, or refuse to accept it. I accept you opinion, and I was disagreeing with it, I was showing you my disagreement... passionately. Same with the others, I understand that you may not like the game but I want to debate the reasons why you and me like or dislike it. And there is a fine line between opinion and fact. For instance, statements like "clunky controls" and "boring gameplay" are facts. Things like "the controls are too stiff for me" or "I don't like the gameplay" are opinions. I do admit though that I do have a problem accepting opinions that are contrasted from my own and an ego that usually prevents me from saying so. Ah, Dick. If I'm not arguing with you then what's the purpose in life? :p
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

For the second time, You said you "wouldn't give this one a chance". Your wording led me to think you hadn't played it.
I understand that and I make reference to it in my previous post. I understand my wording was odd, but the problem that I had was that you didn't know either way definitively, so you use your assumption as an argument, IE telling me I should play it. It bugged me that you didn't bother to make sure your assumption was correct before you posted in regards to it.
I wasn't accusing you of not playing it and I wasn't using that accusation to argue the games quality
Like I said, I'm not arguing about the quality of the game here. Also, you did accuse me of not playing it, otherwise what does this mean?
Commander_AK-47 wrote: Then you must be holding your book upside down. First of all, try it before you knock it, second i honestly can't imagine a person who wouldn't like this game or would be so cynical as you and not even give it a try. It's just that good.
I didn't call your opinion wrong. And there is a fine line between opinion and fact. For instance, statements like "clunky controls" and "boring gameplay" are facts.
Unfortunately the idea of having 'boring gameplay' or a 'boring story' IS and opinion, someone may find the story awe inspiring and others may find it boring, like wise with gameplay, now consider that, and then read this;
Commander_AK-47 wrote:
False
False
Mega False
You're right about the idea of "clunky controls" being something that is either true or untrue, but, you where indeed calling my opinions 'false'

also, just to clear it up, what I mean by "i'm not gonna bother with it" is that I'm not gonna buy it, and I'm not gonna dedicate anymore time to it other than the time I already did, to formulate my opinions.
Ah, Dick. If I'm not arguing with you then what's the purpose in life? :p
absolutely.
Last edited by Dick Motorman on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Bluuurg! I have been defeated!
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

;)
Baker 5.56
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of liberty
Kojima games owned: Policenauts Snatcher [MGS 1, 2, 4]
PSN: V2_Tarma

Post by Baker 5.56 »

this topic is "over" but i don't want to add clutter , anyone who plays KZ2 online and would like another "wingman" feel free to add me/or i add you!

The latest patch added back online bots , playing 4 man squads VS 15 bots has been ton of fun! I've lurked these forums for quite a bit , most of you seem like good folks. :)

PSN : V2_Tarma