Lucas Arts Adventure Games

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Lucas Arts Adventure Games

Post by best name ever »

Is there anyone who is a fan of old Lucas arts adventure games on this because I am a BIG! fan of them and if you are what is your favorite one :mrgreen:
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Lucas Arts Adventure Games

Post by Artemio »

I will always have a place for the Secret of Monkey Island series, love the first two games, liked the 3rth one.. not so much the 4th one.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

Artemio wrote:I will always have a place for the Secret of Monkey Island series, love the first two games, liked the 3rth one.. not so much the 4th one.
Yeah I have never played the 4th because I heard it stunk but yeah first three are classics :mrgreen:
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Has anyone here played "Grim Fandango" that game blew my mind :mrgreen:
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Post by Charlie Johnson »

Grim Fandango was my first Lucas Arts Adventure ever and it's still one of my favourite games.

I've only played the first two Monkey Island games about 2 years ago for the first time, but they were still great, especally MI2. (Even though some of the riddles in that game were ridiculously hard.)
Spike
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Subsistence
Zone of the Enders 2 : The Second Runner

Post by Spike »

I've only played to Sam & Max Hit the Road. The game was funny, but some of the enigmas were far-fetched and tedious, IMHO.

I also have The Dig and Full Throttle, but I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet.

I hope Residual will be fully operational soon, so I can play to Grim Fandango (it crashes early at the beginning on my computer). However, for the little time I played, I missed the point-and-click gameplay : moving Manny with the arrows is like driving a tank !
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Spike wrote:I've only played to Sam & Max Hit the Road. The game was funny, but some of the enigmas were far-fetched and tedious, IMHO.

I also have The Dig and Full Throttle, but I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet.

I hope Residual will be fully operational soon, so I can play to Grim Fandango (it crashes early at the beginning on my computer). However, for the little time I played, I missed the point-and-click gameplay : moving Manny with the arrows is like driving a tank !
I have got Grim Fandango running on my vista computer with no crashes :mrgreen: what you have to do is download the grim fandango patch. Here is a link http://www.grimfandango.net/?page=patch then set the compatibility mode to (windows 98/windows me) then run it as a administrator then you should be good to go. If you have any other questions just ask
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Charlie Johnson wrote:Grim Fandango was my first Lucas Arts Adventure ever and it's still one of my favourite games.

I've only played the first two Monkey Island games about 2 years ago for the first time, but they were still great, especally MI2. (Even though some of the riddles in that game were ridiculously hard.)
Dude I just finished replaying threw Monkey Island 2 and man I agree those puzzles are crazy complicated but still an awesome game :mrgreen:
Spike
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Subsistence
Zone of the Enders 2 : The Second Runner

Post by Spike »

best name ever wrote:what you have to do is download the grim fandango patch. Here is a link http://www.grimfandango.net/?page=patch then set the compatibility mode to (windows 98/windows me) then run it as a administrator then you should be good to go. If you have any other questions just ask
I'm using XP SP3. I already did that : it didn't work. The games perfectly works until Manny exits his office. Then the game crashes (back to Windows) and an error message about sound appears.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Spike wrote:
best name ever wrote:what you have to do is download the grim fandango patch. Here is a link http://www.grimfandango.net/?page=patch then set the compatibility mode to (windows 98/windows me) then run it as a administrator then you should be good to go. If you have any other questions just ask
I'm using XP SP3. I already did that : it didn't work. The games perfectly works until Manny exits his office. Then the game crashes (back to Windows) and an error message about sound appears.
Try using the grim fandango launcher http://quick.mixnmojo.com/grim-fandango-launcher this helps it run better on vista and XP and it has the option to run it on the hard drive :mrgreen:
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

At the beginning of the year I set a goal for myself to play threw all the Lucas arts adventure games that I own and I just finished today! :mrgreen: