Any fans of the Suikoden series?

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
Biglife

Any fans of the Suikoden series?

Post by Biglife »

I'm a huge fan myself, and have all four games. Just wondering if anybody else played the series other than me.
MrRudi

Post by MrRudi »

Played the first one and loved it, got the second one from the States (I'm in Europe) since my PSX didn't have region protection (first batch of playstation's never had that) and loved it even more. I remember finishing it for the first time without ever going back to Jowy, got the ending, and in the final shot of the ending Konami hinted that Jowy was waiting for you at the "X" from the beginning of the game. I thought that was brilliant, I immediatly restarted and finished the game again, but with going back there.

Never played the third though, since $#&#@$^ Konami never brought it to the Old World, same for four.
Biglife

Post by Biglife »

Well, the 3rd one is very good (not as good as 2, but good), and the 4th one is a total letdown.
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

I've only played the first two and they were quite alright (although, Suikoden II had some pretty crappy localization). Never really bothered with the PS2 installments (although, I've been meaning to try III for awhile).
Biglife

Post by Biglife »

I'm playing through 3 again right now.