The Last Express

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

The Last Express

Post by best name ever »

Has anyone here played The Last Express? I got this game recently and just beat it last week and man was it good! :mrgreen: I highly recommend it to anyone who has not played it yet!

What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Re: The Last Express

Post by el_ash »

Never played it, but I hear its great!

BTW: I also herd a rumor that this is becoming a majorly produced feature film...
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

I heard about that and it would make a good movie if done right... but it will most likely stink :D
XenoMorph
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, MGS 1, 2, 3 and Metal Gear 1.

Post by XenoMorph »

I ALWAYS wanted to try this game but it's all but nigh impossible to find it anywhere in Finland. I just hope that they release this as a digital download in gog.com or some other fine digital distributor. My friend has a copy but the asshole won't let me touch it.
The proximity of a desirable thing tempts one to overindulgence. On that path lies danger. - Frank Herbert
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

XenoMorph wrote:I just hope that they release this as a digital download in gog.com or some other fine digital distributor
My theory on why they haven’t put it on the site is because all there dos games all have dosBox attached to them so that they can run on modern OS's. But dosBox just recently is able to run The Last Express perfectly with their latest version 0.74. So hopefully they will put it on there soon
XenoMorph wrote:or some other fine digital distributor
they also have it on gametap but they charge a subscription fee on there site
XenoMorph wrote:My friend has a copy but the asshole won't let me touch it.
Wow! You can't even convince him to let you barrow a back up of the game?
XenoMorph
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, MGS 1, 2, 3 and Metal Gear 1.

Post by XenoMorph »

Believe I've asked, but he's convinced that if anyone but him touches it the disc will spontaneously combust or something. I'd bring my laptop over so he could do it himself, but he moved to enontekiö some time ago, and it costs about 200 euros one-way to visit, it's basically on the other side of Finland. As soon as he gets broadband I'm hoping he can make me an image of the game Cd and send it over by internet, just so i can try the game out
The proximity of a desirable thing tempts one to overindulgence. On that path lies danger. - Frank Herbert
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Good news! The Last Express just got re-released on "DotEmu.com" as a Collector's Edition that comes with a sound track for 9.99! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Looks like it also being released on GOG.com later this month says a GOG.com team member

EDIT: It's out on GOG.com for $5.99!