WiiMednafen

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

WiiMednafen

Post by best name ever »

Finally, someone has made a port of mednafen (an acronym for "My Emulator Doesn't Need A Frickin' Excellent Name.") for the Wii, courtesy of Raz0red.

WiiMednafen is a partial port of the Mednafen emulator.

Emulators supported:

GameBoy/GameBoy Color
GameBoy Advance
Game Gear
Lynx
Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Neo Geo Pocket
PC Engine (CD)/TurboGrafx 16 (CD)/SuperGrafx (Fast version)
PC-FX
Sega Master System
Virtual Boy
WonderSwan

It should be noted that the Virtual Boy emulation included with this emulator is much improved over WiirtualBoy. Most games now run at 100% speed without frame skipping. These improvements are due entirely to Ryphecha (Mednafen) who optimized the core emulation code in addition to eliminating idle loops on a per game basis.

As you can tell Mednafen is sort of a Swiss army knight emulator, capable of emulating a verity of different systems.
Most of the emulators included in WiiMednafen have already been done before on the Wii but were this emulator shines the most is the very solid TurboGrafx 16/CD section of the emulator, which has never been done quite right before on the Wii.

I'm very excited to see how this develops over time, spatially the PC-FX section that runs very slow at the moment.

You can download WiiMednafen here.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiMednafen
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!