What movies have made you cry?

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

What movies have made you cry?

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

I've got a few.

E.T. is a definite tear-jerker.

A couple of DeSica's neo-realist films, The Bicycle Thief and Umberto D. I canm't come to a conclusion whether it's the films themselves that make me cry or if it's the little boy and dog in the films. But either way, I like 'em.

Citizen Kane always brings out a few tears at the end just because it's a beautiful movie. When you, or at least I, think about the entire film in perspective and the meaning of Rosebud, it's hard not to shed a few tears. Some films are so powerful that they make you do that. Though it's certainly nothing I'd ever bawl over.

And Spielberg again, Saving Private Ryan gets to me as a fantastic anti-war film.

Then there's Casablanca. Gripping romance.

Seven Samurai. Just a beautiful film.

Babe. Hey, I like animals.

Milo and Otis. I said I liked animals.

And Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. Miyazaki's works being the only animation ever to make me shed a tear, aside from maybe Bambi when I was much younger.

I'm sure there's more. I just have to think a bit.
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

What's wrong?? You guys feeling too uncomfortable to answer a simple question? Or have none of you guys seen a film worthy of moving you to tears? Whatever. I just saw Million Dollar Baby. the other day. Fucking fantastic. I can now say, by that one film alone, that Eastwood is one of my favorite directors. And I wasn't a big fan of Unforgiven, but this just overwhelms everything else he's created previously. It's only February and I already know it's the best film of 2005.
Biglife

Post by Biglife »

You sure like to cry. I can't think of any films that brought out the tears, but I 've seen some sad ones, you listed a few. I have a suggestion though, next time you feel the urge to start balling, try this

Or this

No thanks nessisary!