[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Junker HQ • View topic - Famicom Detective Club Part II: The Girl in Back

Famicom Detective Club Part II: The Girl in Back

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.

Postby best name ever » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Has anyone here played this hidden gem?

Famicom Detective Club Part II: The Girl in Back is a Japanese adventure game originally made for the Famicom disk system but was later remade for the Super Famicom's . The game is a prequel to the first game, Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir, however neither game was officially released in English. Fortunately there is a made for the SNES remake of part II; translated by non-other then Tomato, the translator for Mother 3.

I actually put off playing this game for about three years but in beginning of 2011 I finally began playing it, mainly because my brother kept badgering me about how great this game was. I finished it the same weak I started it and wow, what fantastic adventure game!

The games interface and flow is identical to something like Snatcher but completely different in overall feel and story. I don't want to talk much about the games story over fear of spoilers and me making it sound generic, so lets just leave it at it being a fabulously written and intricate mystery story.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who hasn't played it yet, especially if you consider yourself a fan of Japanese adventure games.
Last edited by best name ever on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Re: Famicom Detective Club Part II: The Girl in Back

Postby Marc » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:59 pm

I played it about 5 years ago. Great game.
Marc
General

Postby AwesomeBrand » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Good game here. Interestingly enough the folks who worked on the fantranslation are Demiforce and Tomato, two individuals whom we have to thank for bringing us the Original Earthbound Zero cart and the Mother 3 translation, respectively. It also uses the Earthbound font.

But yeah the game, it was really cool. Similar in gameplay feel as Snatcher/Policenauts.
"Games are a study about people." - Hideo Kojima 2004
"To fans and myself, games are a dream." - Keiji Inafune 2003
"Games are life itself." - Hiroyuki Kobayashi 2003
"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986
AwesomeBrand
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Postby best name ever » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:55 am

um...you just restated everything I just said.

Except for the part about the font being the same, I didn't notice that when I played through it.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Postby AwesomeBrand » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Must have brain farted when I read through, and thought I was typing new information. Shame on me... -_-
AwesomeBrand
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Postby Kojima Hideo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Damn, this forum is great. Wil play this once, but just like NES roms, is it possible to get this translated version on a SNES cart?

I really like to play on my tv and original NES instead on an emulator.
Damn!
Kojima Hideo

Postby GirianSeed573 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:22 am

「Желаю вам усцeхa!!
J・U・N・K・E・R・・・・」
GirianSeed573
Second Lieutenant

Postby best name ever » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:33 am

best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Postby SnatcherMkII » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:11 pm

I thought he was talking about the NES version. He would need FCE Ultra GX if he has a soft-modded Wii.

Speaking of Wii, I really need to get that shit fixed so I can FINALLY play Skyward Sword.
SnatcherMkII
Runner

Postby best name ever » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:38 pm

best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Postby Kojima Hideo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:24 am

Damn!
Kojima Hideo

Postby best name ever » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:53 am

There are no reproduction carts for FDCII.

It's a much better idea to either...
emulate it on a soft-modded Wii or emulate it on your PC.

Which is a much more practical/cost efficient way of playing it.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Postby TechNoir » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:48 am

Replayed the game - it's fucking awesome, plays just like Snatcher. Is Part 1 great too? Is it translated?
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand
TechNoir
Runner

Postby AwesomeBrand » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:23 am

Part 1 has more aged graphics obviously and... I can't find a translation of it. I'm more interested in the supposed third one, but that was only playable on the Satellaview or something, so It'd be pretty hard to get it for obvious reason.
AwesomeBrand
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Postby TechNoir » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:54 am

Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand
TechNoir
Runner