2064: who has played it around here?

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
Jack
Runner
Location: Outside the memory of Shadow Moses, done running...

2064: who has played it around here?

Post by Jack »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2064:_Read_Only_Memories

I'd like to give this one a spin, but first I'd like to hear opinion from die-hard Snatcher fans! :mrgreen:
powderehss
Favorite Game: Policenauts <3
Kojima games owned: MGS HD Collection, ZOE HD Collection, Metal Gear Rising, MGS Portable Ops, MGS Peace Walker

Re: 2064: who has played it around here?

Post by powderehss »

I mean, it seems kinda promising.
I hope it's good. I hope. It's an easy formula to screw up if you don't execute it right.

you know i'm going to make my character gilliam. hes a journo thats sucks at video games now
Jack
Runner

Post by Jack »

I think it's interesting that, of all the possible variations of the graphic adventure formula, they specifically targeted Snatcher as a template. That hasn't occurred even in Japan, as far as I know.

Someone has played it already?
SegaSky
Kojima games owned: SNATCHER
Policenauts
Metal Gear 1-2
Metal Gear Solid 1-V
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Metal Gear Rising
Death Stranding
PSN: SegataSkyshiro
Xbox Live: SegaSky

Post by SegaSky »

I started playing it, but I lost some progress on my save so I kinda ragequit haha. That said, I really enjoyed it and do plan to come back to it.
Jack
Runner

Post by Jack »

Limited Run announced a physical Vita release at E3. This is good, as the game's quite sized, and I'm running short of storage space :)
SnatcherMkII
Runner
Favorite Game: F-Zero GX
Kojima games owned: MGS - MGSV:TPP (plus VR Missions (PSN), Ghost Babel, Portable Ops, and Metal Gear Rising)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Post by SnatcherMkII »

Dunno about you guys and I don't mean to necro this thread, but when I first heard of this game, I thought of it as nothing more than a nostalgic throwback to old Japanese VNs like Snatcher and simply didn't bother checking it out. I later found that this game was Tumblr personified into a pixelated Visual Novel, with its pronoun choices and its San Francisco setting and anything Tumblrinas like, and that made me not want this game even more. It doesn't help with the accusations made against MidBoss' then-CEO and how their Twitter PR handled the situation when 2064's MetaCritic page got bombarded with negative reviews.

I'm sorry, but I really don't wanna give my money to incompetent developers and publishers (unless a game happens to have mods that fix it), especially to those who want to shove their politics down my throat, all while pretending to care about their movement when their higher-ups clearly don't.
powderehss
Kojima games owned: MGS HD Collection, ZOE HD Collection, Metal Gear Rising, MGS Portable Ops, MGS Peace Walker

Post by powderehss »

Oooh yeah... I didn't wanna say anything in case you were into it... :lol:

but I'm glad you're a "sane-brain" too, Snatcher!

Honestly, Revolution 60 is more "cyberpunk" than 2064 (and that shits like... a clown projectile vomited all over a jumpstart 4th grade typing game thats based on a ken penders comic)
viyi
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Post by viyi »

powderehss wrote:Oooh yeah... I didn't wanna say anything in case you were into it... :lol:

but I'm glad you're a "sane-brain" too, Snatcher!

Honestly, Revolution 60 is more "cyberpunk" than 2064 (and that shits like... a clown projectile vomited all over a jumpstart 4th grade typing game thats based on a ken penders comic)
I agree with his opinion, Revolution 60 is more "cyberpunk" than 2064
powderehss

Post by powderehss »

hell yea its more cyberpunk

check this shit out
nothin more fun than typing with grid adventure and buying brianna wu fun motorcycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!