View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
ROM (Read Only Memories) 

Post ROM (Read Only Memories)
Hey all, I rarely post in the forums but like everyone here I am a huge fan of Snatcher and of course Kojima. Anyways, I didn't notice any threads on this but in case you guys didn't know, there is a new sort of spiritual successor to Snatcher called ROM. While its not the perfect sequel that everyone has always wanted as well as not actually being canonically tied to Snatcher, its a good way to quell the desire for a new Snatcher game. Also considering that feeling is amplified by the fact that Kojima has been fired by Konami and they definitely hold the rights to any future Snatcher game, this is a good start for the healing process :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D . So anyways, heres its successfully funded kickstarter ----> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ga ... escription . And here is a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLaAta88gS4

I just bought it today. So far my impressions are positive---really cool premise, with kind of all the same charm that made Snatcher a great experience, kind of really drawing from the 80's videogame cyberpunk experience. They even give you a robot buddy. Its really all I could've asked for (although I haven't played enough to know, but it doesn't seem like theres a lot of voice acting and that would've been a nice touch but thats just me being nitpicky.) The music and art are all really on point and nails the atmosphere that Snatcher knocked out of the park everytime I played it.

Oh and heres this weird trailer/teaser thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLaAta88gS4 . How do you guys think they did that? Do you think they actually asked Jeff Lupetin to contribute his voice to that or is it some impersonator? Anyways really cool and it gives me hope for the rest of the games experience!

And apologies if the thread is a little light on content, I was just excited to share my love for ROM so I didn't put a whole lot of time into it. Should this be in general gaming? I feel like its so closely related to Snatcher that it kind of appropriately fits here. What do you guys think?

PS here are some screenshots/gifs:

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:54 pm

Post Re: ROM (Read Only Memories)
I bought an completed the game recently. Probably one of the best new games I've played in awhile. Has alot of detail and funny dialogue to be found all over. I love how they let you interact with so much in many different ways. Obviously it draws alot of influence from games like Snatcher. So I think it must have some fans around here. The look and atmosphere, combined with the great synth music, really brings back alot of good feelings I had when playing Snatcher for the first time.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]