View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
The Virtual Reality Q&A / Discussion Thread 
Major

Post The Virtual Reality Q&A / Discussion Thread
After accidently hijaking another VR thread (whoops) I figured I'd start my own VR thread...

The point of this thread is to discuss VR, as it's basically new tech to most people, so to those who are curious about it, or have questions I'm here to help answer them. :mrgreen:

My Background with VR :

I first heard about Virtual Reality in a GamePro magazine back in 1991 (I got into Snatcher around the same time thanks to GamePro lol).
The first time I actually tried VR was in 1994/1995 with the game Dactyl Nightmare, and then months later I got to try Wolfenstien 3D running in VR.

VR simply blew my mind with what it delivered and it's endless future possibilities! I was hooked!
Sadly the limited GFX tech at the time, and the cost made it impossible for the home user to own in the 90's (unless you had $20K to $50K+ to spend on a single game/unit lol).

I finally got an Oculus Rift DK2 (DK = development Kit. 2 = second prototype) back in August of 2014, so I had basically waited 20+ years for affordable/home VR!
I've enjoyed dozens of applications, games, demos, etc., and I've been dabbling in developing for VR as well, so I have built up a bit of knowledge/experience over the years.

I guess all of that, and my love for VR makes me sort of like the VR "evangelist" of JHQ lol! O:)

So feel free to ask questions, discuss your concerns, concepts, thoughts, experiences, or "whatever" about VR here \:D/

Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]