View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
NES games remade in Lego (including MetalGear) 
General

Post NES games remade in Lego (including MetalGear)
Sounds pretty shit, huh? The results are fantastic, though.
http://www.thenewgamer.com/journals/r_l ... sanity.php
Great stuff, huh?

Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Runner

Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:59 am

That's damn cool! And yeah, the MG ones are the best.
Didn't Kojima build The Shell as a Lego model at some time? I heard that some time ago, but I haven't seen any proof...

Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:50 am
General

That's damn cool! And yeah, the MG ones are the best.
Didn't Kojima build The Shell as a Lego model at some time? I heard that some time ago, but I haven't seen any proof...

There's clips of it on the Making of MGS2 DVD that comes with the European version. I think MetalGear.net used to have stills. It was basically to make sure that the place was geometrically sound. Wasn't very big, either, maybe 5 blocks high for a strut, so there wasn't anything inside. There's a little clip of Kojima quite cheerfully playing with Godzilla and King Kong toys on it, though. :lol:
I might take some screenshots if anyone wants them.

EDIT- I just checked, Metalgear.net does have the stills-
http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/i/DVD/Image014.jpg
http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/i/DVD/Image015.jpg
http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/i/DVD/Image016.jpg
http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/i/DVD/Image017.jpg

Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Second Lieutenant

l really liked the Duck Hunt one... some friends and I tried to do a version of Akira in Legos sometime last year, but it ended up getting scrapped in favor of a zombie movie that ended up getting scrapped because we didn't have the budget to do the things we wanted to do.

Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
General

My friend Peter is in the army and he gets two weeks leave around every 2 or 3 weeks. It's always a tradition that we go to his house to make Album covers out of Lego when he's leaving. So far, we've made-
The White Stripes- De Stijl (My friend Kieran did this by himself. Basically Jack and Meg standing around a bunch of red and white pillars)
The White Stripes- White Blood Cells (I did this myself. Jack and Meg backing away from lots of black Legomen. I put helmets on them to make the look completely black)
The White Stripes- Elephant (Another one of mine, with some help from Kieran. Jack and Meg sitting on two bricks, with lots of little objects around them. I put a legoman's head on a block suspended above the band to recreate a lightbulb)
The White Stripes- Get Behind Me Satan (I did this. Very easy, but the objects they are holding are much too big)
Van Halen- Van Halen II (A big logo made by our friend Paul, who doesn't usually make these)
Van Halen- Diver Down (A very easy cover that I made, to take the piss when Paul was doing the other one)
Led Zeppelin- Early Days (Kieran put three Legomen in front of Peter's starry wallpaper. John is represented my a Kinder Surprise gnome :lol: )
Led Zeppelin- Led Zeppelin I (an actual 3D Zeppelin in flames made by our Art Student friend, Grant. We questioned him for why he bothered making it so good)
Led Zeppelin- Physical Graffiti (Kieran's admitedly lazy one. Lots of Lego doors and windows stacked beside and on top of each other)
The Beatles- Yellow Submarine (another 3D project by Grant)
Bill Bailey- The Ultimate Collection... Ever! (I made a silohuette style version with just yellow, black and white legoblocks)
The Ramones- Pleasant Dreams (I made a wall of black bricks with a yellow 'open door' in the middle and put a completely black Legoman in front of it)
The Who- Who's Next (I made a small hill of green bricks and put a grey pillar in the middle. I had four legomen stand around it. I couldn't find a long, blonde hair piece, so Roger has Jar Jar Binks' head :lol: )

We've made some more music related scenes like the 'Fool On the Hill' section of the 'Magic Mystery Tour' and Adam Ant riding a giant Gorilla to represent his rediculous 'Save The Gorilla' charity single. :lol:
I'd love to photograph them and upload them to the internet, but Peter's only back in June, and I don't know his parents very well.

Last edited by 87th on Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Major

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:08 am

Post Re: NES games remade in Lego (including MetalGear)
There is also unofficial pirated, unreleased games, as well. However, nobody would even pay the price for them, due to idealistic standards.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]