I'm back, took me a while, but I'm back.

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
Gaff

I'm back, took me a while, but I'm back.

Post by Gaff »

Hey y'all.

I haven't been around these hallowed halls for quite some time so I figured I'd drop by, see how you're all doing and that. Hope you all had a great Christmas, and do have a prosperous 2007!

Fortunately, I was blessed with a Wii this Christmas. A small miracle when you think about how sought after they are. I've heard reports of people not getting their pre-orders fulfilled. Having played the Wii for the first time, it would be interesting to see how a Snatcher or Policenauts sequel would fare. The Wiimote would be ideal, especially for the shooting sequences - of which I am humourously reminded of Duck Hunt.

Also picked up a copy of "V for Vendetta" on DVD, a film of minor controversy between fans of the graphic novel and fans of the film. Personally, it was disappointing to see John Hurt in the role of a pathetic, pompous dictator - even though he played the opposite of the role he did in Nineteen Eighty-Four.

So yeah, it's been a good year. Got some good news too, my elder brother proposed to his girlfriend on Christmas Day, and she accepted. They're both visiting today since the whole family is going on for a meal. I wonder if he bought me that fedora he mentioned. =P

Anyway, great to be back.
"Yesterday, we obeyed kings and bent our necks to emperors. But today, we kneel only to truth."

-- Kahlil Gibran
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Post by 87th »

Welcome back!

If Project S does turn out to be an extension of Snatcher, I'll be very glad (I know many others won't, though). The game should work brilliantly on the Wii, and I can't think of any two people I'd rather have working on a Snatcher sequel/remake than Hideo Kojima and Goichi Suda.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Welcome, I've never talked to you on here before, but I believe we became acquainted on MGS.org (my username there is Volgin The Sadist; I am rather disliked there, so it seems :lol: ).

And yeah, please may 'Project S' be Policenauts or Snatcher, either would be excellent and would certainly be worth buying a Nintendo Wii for, since we all both know the mixing of these two, great, creative minds on one game would really be quite something, to say the least.
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Heh, Volgin the Sadist, eh?

I'm Rommel from TUS, we've already spoken before. =P

And yes, here's hoping that Project 'S' is indeed the long awaited Snatcher sequel - or perhaps even a remake, I'd be happy with that. I just got back from a family meal so I'm a little cream crackered, had a nice drop of brandy and my elder brother bought me a splendid Christmas present - a dark brown fedora.

And thanks to Mr. Plissken, I've been spending a lot more time at www.cyberpunkreview.com - such a fantastic website, I must have spent a good hour or two just browsing the place and checking out the reviews. I was surprised that they didn't have a "Beneath A Steel Sky" review, I was also somewhat shocked at the reviewer's positive thoughts of the latter Matrix films - in particular, Matrix Revolutions.
"Yesterday, we obeyed kings and bent our necks to emperors. But today, we kneel only to truth."

-- Kahlil Gibran
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Yes, we have spokent a little on that site before, I find myself agreeing with whatever you say about things there quite a lot. :???:

Stange thing is, everyone else there seems to find me unreasonable and annoying, oh well. :lol:

Yeah, I love that site as well. I was also shocked at the writer's judgement of the Matrix films, as well. I sure do like their review of Brazil. Been meaning to check; have they got a review of Eraserhead (where my username, Henry Spencer comes from; the weirdest and most visually stunning cyber punk film I have ever seen) on their site or not, hmmm, worth checking out I think.

Also, they don't have a Policeanuts review either, yet, have reviews for both Snatcher and the MGS series. On top of that, do they have the Blade Runner PC game review?

Plenty for me to check out.
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Yeah, they've got a review for the Blade Runner game. They gave it a respectable 8/10.

-- Kahlil Gibran
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Great. :grin:

I'll check it out. Just out of interest, has anybody here ever seen Eraserhead?
Spike
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Subsistence
Zone of the Enders 2 : The Second Runner

Post by Spike »

Henry Spencer wrote:Just out of interest, has anybody here ever seen Eraserhead?
I did. David Lynch's weirdest film, but interesting.
I'm still asking myself how he made that "baby" ...
Arkley

Post by Arkley »

Hey Rommel, I knew you browsed these parts, I joined the same time you did, I was wondering where you went off to. Albeit I have posted much here either.

I got Rainbow 6 Vegas for Christmas and have been exploring it all, have yet to go online as my Live ran out and I got a car, so insurance payments on that first.

This is Orange, by the way. And yeah, I know Volgin the Sadist too. Maybe you are not liked around there because you are so fucking stubborn :eek: hehe.

Oh, and Gaff, did you register at the forums at Cyberpunkreview? I did on Sunday or Monday and have yet to recieve a confirmation e-mail from the admins, so I just sent off an e-mail inquiring about it. I hope to hear from them soon.

And welcome back.
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Arkley wrote:Hey Rommel, I knew you browsed these parts, I joined the same time you did, I was wondering where you went off to. Albeit I have posted much here either.

I got Rainbow 6 Vegas for Christmas and have been exploring it all, have yet to go online as my Live ran out and I got a car, so insurance payments on that first.

This is Orange, by the way. And yeah, I know Volgin the Sadist too. Maybe you are not liked around there because you are so fucking stubborn :eek: hehe.

Oh, and Gaff, did you register at the forums at Cyberpunkreview? I did on Sunday or Monday and have yet to recieve a confirmation e-mail from the admins, so I just sent off an e-mail inquiring about it. I hope to hear from them soon.

And welcome back.
I am stubborn there because I like to get into debates and stir shit, not particularly a fan of the forum to be honest (which is why I never post very much). I much prefer it here. And hello, if I annoyed you there and that, I don't really mean to. I just like to be opinionated there, since I just don't really like the place.

@ Spike; it is definitely the weirdest film I have ever seen. And yeah, Lynch has contantly been asked about the baby, he has never revealed how he made it. Makes it all the more mysterious I think. It's really one of those films that sticks with you your whole life as well, some amazing cinematography in there and what a vision Lynch has, he's truly a unique filmmaker, and of a required taste as well!
Arkley

Post by Arkley »

Oh don't worry, you didn't annoy me, just the greater amount of TUS. That place is drama and I have grown less and less active around there and just really hang out on the IRC channel. (which makes me ask, is there and IRC channel for JunkerHQ?) I would prefer a site more active like TUS but with less spam/dicking around.
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Arkley wrote:Oh don't worry, you didn't annoy me, just the greater amount of TUS. That place is drama and I have grown less and less active around there and just really hang out on the IRC channel. (which makes me ask, is there and IRC channel for JunkerHQ?) I would prefer a site more active like TUS but with less spam/dicking around.
Oh yeah, definitely. Have you tried Shenmue Dojo. People join there who aren't even a fan of the game, and just join in the discussions, which are extremely varied; debate forum general discussion forum, general gaming forum, dvd/movie forum, media creation forum. And thats just for starters, you should honestly check it out there. I am a member there as well, and the guys there are friendly without being too silly; in fact, there are a lot of mature members there I would say, who you can have a very good discussion with (most members there are at least 16 years of age; no young wippersnappers :razz: ). Please consider it at least anyway man.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net
Gaff

Post by Gaff »

Arkley wrote:Hey Rommel, I knew you browsed these parts, I joined the same time you did, I was wondering where you went off to. Albeit I have posted much here either.

And welcome back.
I haven't joined the forums yet, but I'll definitely do so over the next couple of days or so. Great to see you around these parts, Orange. You'll find no prepubescent idiots here.

-- Kahlil Gibran
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I post occasionally at TUS if I've found something new in the games or whatever. It's a good MG forum, but I like how JunkerHQ covers all Kojima games.
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

^

Exactly why I prefer it here too. As well as that, we can have proper, mature discussions here as well, which is believe me, very rare these days.