The Patriots

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
mr_crackhead_bob

The Patriots

Post by mr_crackhead_bob »

Since the <B>Patriots</B> had basically broken away from the Philosophers, what actually happened to their Russian and Chinese counterparts? And why did Ocelot allow half of the laundered money to remain with Russia? And how does China factor into this? Does this mean that somewhere down the line that the Chinese will play a prominent role in the series? Should Kojima opt to produce a new Metal Gear game, I hope that he'll return to the series' present day setting. At the very least, he should give the fans enough credit that they;ll be able to piece everything together, rather than guide us by hand through every aspect of the series' origins.

Alot of people now want to see committed remakes of the 8-bit classic, which I think is complete nonsense, since much of the established storylines have already been gleaned upon through the various codec exchanges between Solid Snake and his support crew. Why anyone would want to see these games remade, at the expense of future installments is beyond me.

One of my friends speculated that the reason Kojima made Snake Eater into a prequel was because of the reactionary response to Sons of Liberty, in that he was pacing himself, and to a lesser degree, backtracking from some of the more outrageous story elements depicted in it. Perhaps he did so in order to give his flagship series longevity, so that in future installments, he'll have a wider array of material to work with.
shoryuken_justice

Re: The <B>la li lu le lo</B>

Post by shoryuken_justice »

mr_crackhead_bob wrote:I hope that he'll return to the series' present day setting. At the very least, he should give the fans enough credit that they;ll be able to piece everything together, rather than guide us by hand through every aspect of the series' origins.
Although if they do make a new one in the present, keep in mind that Snake and/or Raiden won't know a lot of the bombshells that Big Boss learned in MGS3, so they'll either need to learn about them too or they might learn something completely different.
Alright stop.

Hammer Time!