Patch is up (v1.01 incoming)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Just wodering, once the patch is released, will somebody please make a tutorial on how to apply it onto the game (for dumbasses like me, who do not know how to), thank you.
Ghaleon
Runner

Post by Ghaleon »

Yeah, I remember the guys in charge saying they'd do that -- it'll be a pretty simple process, I'm pretty sure, in any case.

And yeah, my Playstation 1's modded and it plays the ISOs I found just fine.

(I bought the Saturn ver new, so I don't feel guilty, haha. My friend in japan is looking for a used PSX copy for me anyway).
BIG BOSS
epitaph
Runner
Favorite Game: Deus Ex
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (SCD, US)
Policenauts (PC-98)
Policenauts (3DO)
Policenauts (PS1)
Policenauts (Saturn)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1, EU)
Metal Gear Solid: Integral (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2, US)

Post by epitaph »

Henry Spencer wrote:Just wodering, once the patch is released, will somebody please make a tutorial on how to apply it onto the game (for dumbasses like me, who do not know how to), thank you.
If I remember correctly, I promised I'd do so a few pages back (if/when the patch is released that is). It'll give me something to use policenauts.org for if nothing else.
"The west, so afraid of powerful government, now has no government. Only financial power."

Localization, not translation.

It is a title screen.
Something pushes a button.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

We have such a guide to perfect emulation already written for when it's needed.
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Marvelous! Smile with admiration. And thank you, epitaph, for your concern, it is appreciated.
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

Osiris wrote:We have such a guide to perfect emulation already written for when it's needed.
Thank God. Ive been going through countless settings trying to find the best setup...now ill just sit back and wait.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Just FYI everyone, we're going to give a precise run-down on the state of everything next week.
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Woah, great. :smile:

We'll then know how much longer we have to wait at least then, great news.
Mr. F
Favorite Game: MGS2
Kojima games owned: -Metal Gear Solid
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty/Substance
-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence
-Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
-Metal Gear AC!D
-Snatcher
-Zone of the Enders
-Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
-Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars

Post by Mr. F »

This is so exciting, I want to marry you and have your children. Seriously though, the news wonderful and I want to thank you guys for putting the time and effort into making this happen. It will be superb, I just know it.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Some news: Policenauts.net has relaunched. Go check it out...
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

We hope you'll enjoy what's inside...
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Snatcher and Snake Plissken deserve a round of applause for all their work in finishing it off the past few days. They really busted their butts for it.
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

Checked the website.

FUCK!

This was worth the wait! Great website- especially how the entire glossary is translated! My derby goes off to all of you guys!

However! One complaint I have is the transparency. Transparency on websites eats up tons of my CPU, and I find it generally annoying. Just one small ding on a brand-new Porsche.

Needless to say, I can't wait until the day that "PATCH" is no longer greyed out...
Last edited by 8bitsonic on Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Glad you like the redesign.

Yeah, the transparency is a trade-off, but I just couldn't pass the opportunity up.
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

The website is simply awesome, guys. Congratulations.
Hey! You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?
shidoni
Major
Kojima games owned: Zone of The Enders
Anubis: Zone of The Enders
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

fucking WIN. Awesome site there, and I agree with 8bitsonic....
*soon, cory, soon!*
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

The secret behind the construction lies deep within the secrets which lie beneath Danny Glover's eye sockets. Enjoy, one and all. WE KNOW YOU WHERE YOU LIVE. (j/king)
DarkTetsuya
Runner

Post by DarkTetsuya »

Love it so far, especially the music clip that was in MGS. But no screenshots though? Not even a small teaser image? Unless its not quite ready yet...

DT
Arkley

Post by Arkley »

Congrats guys, that is awesome. You've done something truly epic for Hideo Kojima fans and gamers in general. You have my deepest thanks.
originalcracker

Post by originalcracker »

Congratulations! It's been a long journey.

About the version of Policenauts that the patch will be available for...I know there are a few versions. The malor question is for which system.

If I recall, the goal was for the Saturn version...correct? That is the version that I have, only my Saturn is madded in any way. And I'm guessing that a lot of people might not have the Saturn version. Would a PSX and a Saturn version of the patch be in the works?

Also, there are many versions of this game, even on the same system, such as the couple of re-releases on the PSX. Could this cause problems wich patches, as in we would need specific patches for specific versions?

Now, I don't expect these questions to be answered right now, but they might be some that people are thinking about.

One more thing about patches...how to do them.
It isn't hard really, I've applied an English patch to Tobal 2 for PSX, and it works just fine besides the patch not being perfect (text out of the box in the main menu).

To do it, all you need to do is make an ISO file of the disc onto your computer. Than use a patching program to apply the patch to the ISO file. Then, reburn the ISO. All you need to do after that is to have a way to play the game. Swap, mod, whatever.
DarkTetsuya
Runner

Post by DarkTetsuya »

originalcracker wrote:Congratulations! It's been a long journey.

About the version of Policenauts that the patch will be available for...I know there are a few versions. The malor question is for which system.
As I understand it, they're making the patch for the PSX version? I guess ideally it'll be for 'The Best' version, but I don't know if any of the other versions will have problems or not.
If I recall, the goal was for the Saturn version...correct? That is the version that I have, only my Saturn is madded in any way. And I'm guessing that a lot of people might not have the Saturn version. Would a PSX and a Saturn version of the patch be in the works?
Didn't the Saturn version have a whole extra disc of content? I know it had a pretty special package for its release.
Also, there are many versions of this game, even on the same system, such as the couple of re-releases on the PSX. Could this cause problems wich patches, as in we would need specific patches for specific versions?
I think they'd only have to have one patch for each system, but that's way too technical for me to give a 100% definite answer to, so I'll leave it for the guys behind this translation to address.
Now, I don't expect these questions to be answered right now, but they might be some that people are thinking about.

One more thing about patches...how to do them.
It isn't hard really, I've applied an English patch to Tobal 2 for PSX, and it works just fine besides the patch not being perfect (text out of the box in the main menu).
You know if I ever get my modded PSX up and running again I may have to go look for that.
To do it, all you need to do is make an ISO file of the disc onto your computer. Than use a patching program to apply the patch to the ISO file. Then, reburn the ISO. All you need to do after that is to have a way to play the game. Swap, mod, whatever.
DT
epitaph
Runner
Favorite Game: Deus Ex
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (SCD, US)
Policenauts (PC-98)
Policenauts (3DO)
Policenauts (PS1)
Policenauts (Saturn)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1, EU)
Metal Gear Solid: Integral (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2, US)

Post by epitaph »

My god, this is quite unexpected. Well done, indeed. Although the cream of the crop's still missing, this brings us one step closer to the holy grail.

I salute you.
Love it so far, especially the music clip that was in MGS.
Not to come off as a wiseass, but that clip's actually from "End of the Dark" (which is part of the Policenauts OST).

Edit: some of the stuff in the glossary's just golden. For instance:
Victor Jurgens uses an AID he brought with him from Earth, containing a simple AI enhanced with a CG face. He has nicknamed it "Gorby", after the last president of the former Soviet Union.
Last edited by epitaph on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The west, so afraid of powerful government, now has no government. Only financial power."

Localization, not translation.

It is a title screen.
Something pushes a button.
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

What a site guys! I'm really impressed with the layout and the detail in the site, and its only just been launched, that's quite amazing, who designed the site? They deserve kudos for that alone.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

DarkTetsuya wrote:Love it so far, especially the music clip that was in MGS.
Actually, that little music clip on the splash page (which was also used in the title screen in MGS), is the constant foot-note melody which is the theme, and ending suite of Policenauts. ^_^

originalcracker wrote:Also, there are many versions of this game, even on the same system, such as the couple of re-releases on the PSX. Could this cause problems wich patches, as in we would need specific patches for specific versions?
In all due time following, and at the release of the patch, we're going to of course accompany it with a definitive directional guide to ripping it (the “Best” copy), and if needed, any other version into ISO format, which will be 100% compatible with our patch's demands. (And it is legal for owners to back their copy up, as long is it stays on your hard-drive, and not distributed in the means of piracy. As we of course will not promote, or encourage the piracy of this game in any direct means in particular.)
originalcracker wrote:If I recall, the goal was for the Saturn version...correct? That is the version that I have, only my Saturn is madded in any way. And I'm guessing that a lot of people might not have the Saturn version. Would a PSX and a Saturn version of the patch be in the works?
The original Saturn project was sort of scrapped (but still lively until suitable means and technology develops), as with my personal venture to patch the PC9821 version (that is also on hold until better PC9821 emulation technology develops).

It was just becoming impeccable to extract, and locate "certain" files which could recieve the translation treatment -as also, we were not 100% confident that a Saturn translation patch could be developed in assisting the entire op., so we switched to a more tangible medium: PSX emulation -which of course is a medium some, and many have been able to translate, extract from, and at least work with. But again, this does not rule out the possibility in the future of a Saturn Patch release, we're just gettin' the ball rolling.
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

Unbelievable guys...I mean just...wow...The site looks amazing and i sure as hell cant wait till its complete, patch and all :grin: . This is beyond cool, you could even say its Jammirific, or maybe KABLAMO...yea thats even better then Jammirific.

Policenauts Website = KABLAMO!!