Extra Missions

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
BrianM

Extra Missions

Post by BrianM »

Supposedly on the 'countdown' book mentioned extra missions (with allusions that seemed to indicate conclusions to conflicts left from metal gear solid). I am completely unaware of them if they're in the game somewhere. Also, I'd doubt they'd release it on the japanese version and then wait for an american second release because they filled the disc and were restricted from using cutscenes they already had made, so there wouldn't be enough room for more data on a single disc, which both the american and japanese versions are on.

So... either I am totally mistaken and the book didn't say anything of the sort, I totally misinterpreted what it meant, the missions are on the disc and I am unaware of them, or they will be released in a future version.

If anyone knows anything, please let me know.

ALSO, in the final fight with Voyevoda, there is a white snake near each of the three logs: solid snake, liquid snake and solidus snake. I've caught them alive (it's really easy with mousetraps) but what good are they for? It didn't unlock anything at the end of the game (that I'm aware of.)
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

The extra missions were just a hoax. As for the snakes, they aren't anything special.
Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrianM

Post by BrianM »

k thanks
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

The snakes at the end don't do anything, but you need to pick them up to get the Markhor rank (obtain all animals/food items). You get the EZ-gun I believe for doing that.
"But nothing is permanent... only change"