France UFO files made public...

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
Duo

France UFO files made public...

Post by Duo »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070322/wl ... PJVafMWM0F

What think you? Think the american government would ever do something like this?
He is one, he is many.
secretplot

Post by secretplot »

no
MKULTRA--Thee Secret Plot
noiremusick
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

The american goverment don´t mind keeping serects, so of course they would´ent open thier UFO files, if they did they chould reveal the exsistence of Area 51.
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

The US have more secrets going on, then any other country I know about. So many conspiracy stories floating around since their civilisation began. I suppose that is why I am very interested in conspiracy fiction, and non-fiction (in my eyes), it always keeps me guessing and intrigued.

And the answer to the question; no, they shall never reveal anything, they never do hardly.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I doubt anything major will ever be revealed, as it would get people thinking, well just how long have they been here anyway? Were they involved in the creation of the world's religions? etc. etc. When you consider the fact that there are trillions and trillions and trillions of stars in the known universe, and also the fact that our five senses can only perceive a narrow wavelength of reality, you'd have to be crazy to think we're the only intelligent life around.
jcgamer60
Runner

Post by jcgamer60 »

Osiris wrote:I doubt anything major will ever be revealed, as it would get people thinking, well just how long have they been here anyway? Were they involved in the creation of the world's religions? etc. etc. When you consider the fact that there are trillions and trillions and trillions of stars in the known universe, and also the fact that our five senses can only perceive a narrow wavelength of reality, you'd have to be crazy to think we're the only intelligent life around.
Agreed.
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

jcgamer60 wrote:
Osiris wrote:I doubt anything major will ever be revealed, as it would get people thinking, well just how long have they been here anyway? Were they involved in the creation of the world's religions? etc. etc. When you consider the fact that there are trillions and trillions and trillions of stars in the known universe, and also the fact that our five senses can only perceive a narrow wavelength of reality, you'd have to be crazy to think we're the only intelligent life around.
Agreed.
Agreed!
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Well I don't agree! God and Jesus Christ, our Savior, made us the ONLY intelligent life on this planet, and in this universe. By us I mean Americans. We are his children, and it is our job to...Oh my god, I can't even finish typing this. It's sad how some people think this way, about all the religious crap. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against religion, just over-zealous people trying to shove it down our throats, thinking that there can be only one solution. Man, that first part hurt to type...
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
jcgamer60
Runner

Post by jcgamer60 »

seraphssavior wrote:Well I don't agree! God and Jesus Christ, our Savior, made us the ONLY intelligent life on this planet, and in this universe. By us I mean Americans. We are his children, and it is our job to...Oh my god, I can't even finish typing this. It's sad how some people think this way, about all the religious crap. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against religion, just over-zealous people trying to shove it down our throats, thinking that there can be only one solution. Man, that first part hurt to type...
:lol: i thought you were being serious for a second...
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

seraphssavior wrote:Well I don't agree! God and Jesus Christ, our Savior, made us the ONLY intelligent life on this planet, and in this universe. By us I mean Americans. We are his children, and it is our job to...Oh my god, I can't even finish typing this. It's sad how some people think this way, about all the religious crap. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against religion, just over-zealous people trying to shove it down our throats, thinking that there can be only one solution. Man, that first part hurt to type...
Agnostics thankfully can see things right. I'm a practicing Roman Catholic, but I believe there is intelligent life out there, it would be stupid to think not.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

:shock:

I surely hope that aliens out there aren't THAT scary. It wasn't the appearanc eof the alien, if it was one, that scared; it was the timing of the music and the turning around so suddenly. It's as if it's an age old conspiracy to fear aliens, since it's funny how they always attempt to indulge you with fear everytime there's a sighting of aliens. Such a shame we fear what we do not understand.
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Post by ratperson665 »

seraphssavior wrote:It's sad how some people think this way, about all the religious crap. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against religion, just over-zealous people trying to shove it down our throats, thinking that there can be only one solution.

Same here. I was born and lived the first half of my young life in Alabama. You have no idea how hard it is living as a free thinking agnostic among a bunch of "Christians", and I don't mean the kind and loving type. I mean the type that take a very un-Christian view of anyone with different beliefs than themselves. The mean and cruel type who spend all there time around you yelling about Hell. Eventually me and my parents got sick of it so now we live in Washington state. One of my best friends up here is a catholic. But he's the right kind. Nice, tolerant and he has a "you have your beliefs. I have mine" attitude.

I've had first-hand experience with the kind of people you describe in your post. And as far as I'm concerned there hypocrites. They say there Christians but there just so mean that I wonder if they actually believe what they claim to believe. I mean, they don't display kindness or anything! There really just a bunch of controlling SOBs as far as I'm concerned.
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I know what you mean, ratperson. Christians (just like people of other faiths) can be some of the biggest hypocrites. Not all, but definitely some. Just look at all the bloodshed that's taken place in the name of Christianity (founded around the "Prince of Peace") over the last two thousand years.
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Why not just say religion in general? I'm a Catholic, but fuck's sake, I think that just about every religion out there, aside from maybe Buddhism, has caused so much fighting and horrific atrocities in the name of a belief; whether it be religion or a political standpoint. It's so bad from every view, not just Christians, we're all guilty.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Yeah, it is all religion. I just mentioned Christianity because of the example I had in my head (the Crusades).
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Fair enough. In any case; what the hell was that video about before with that 'alien' on it?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I guess it's meant to be an alien, but it's obviously a shock vid joke.