WonderGoo Camo to be included in Japanese MGS3

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Johnny Undaunted
Major

WonderGoo Camo to be included in Japanese MGS3

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

Konami will be including an original Wonder Goo camoflage in the Japanese version of MGS3. For those that don't know, WonderGoo is a store chain in Japan dedicated to selling games, books and music , as well as rental of their products. The WonderGoo camo can only be downloaded off the internet. None of the site mentions it's effects though.

http://www.wonder.co.jp/game/metalgearsolid3.asp
http://www.konamijpn.com/mgs/japanese/n ... 15_02.html

BTW. A small correction on your last update. MGS3 hasn't been released in Japan yet. It's still only a day away (it should've been released by tonight though).
Randam

Post by Randam »

What's so special about this camo? I know some have special things about them. I also wonder if its possible to somehow use that camo on a US version of the game?
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Randam wrote:What's so special about this camo? I know some have special things about them. I also wonder if its possible to somehow use that camo on a US version of the game?
Again, none of the sites mentions it's effects. I'm guessing it has to be more than novelty camo if it can only be downloaded off the internet.

I seriously doubt it can be used in the US version though.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: WonderGoo Camo to be included in Japanese MGS3

Post by Artemio »

Johnny Undaunted wrote:BTW. A small correction on your last update. MGS3 hasn't been released in Japan yet. It's still only a day away (it should've been released by tonight though).
True man, I was a bit lazy to update on the real moment it was "today" at Japan =)
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Finalfantasy7

Post by Finalfantasy7 »

actually Johnny, the camo is only allowed for download inside the WonderGOO stores.

People who reserve or buy MGS3 at WonderGOO will be allowed to bring in there Memory card to have them upload this camo.

It's not there for download over internet. The yodobashi.com camo is those the one that is online for d/l
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Finalfantasy7 wrote:actually Johnny, the camo is only allowed for download inside the WonderGOO stores.

People who reserve or buy MGS3 at WonderGOO will be allowed to bring in there Memory card to have them upload this camo.

It's not there for download over internet. The yodobashi.com camo is those the one that is online for d/l
My bad! Didn't bother reading the information. It even mentions that you need a recipe as evidence of your purchase.

Thanks for the correction.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

I think eventually there will be a disc with all the Camo to buy or something, because in the UK at least, i know that not many people are on PS2 online so i doubt the camo downloads will be that popular so i think a disc with all the camo would b a great idea
Finalfantasy7

Post by Finalfantasy7 »

randomwab wrote:I think eventually there will be a disc with all the Camo to buy or something, because in the UK at least, i know that not many people are on PS2 online so i doubt the camo downloads will be that popular so i think a disc with all the camo would b a great idea
great idea but i seriouly doubt it will happen. Afterall Konami is using these extra camo's as a way to lure people to buy certain products at certain places.

IF they were to release these extra camo's on a CD few months later, i am sure people who went to WonderGOO stores to d/l the extra camo will be mad. So will people who bought Maxi single CD just to unlock the camos.

I think these camo's will stay exclusive to whatever medium they came from :wink: