Boktai 2, after megaman

A forum dedicated to this innovative game for the Big N portables.
Shadow_Dainn

Boktai 2, after megaman

Post by Shadow_Dainn »

I just completed the megaman quest in boktai 2 and I wanted to know, is there anything else to do in this game (left aside dream avenue or the battle arena) cause when I purified shademan someone else (???) talked saying somtheing about wanting shademan body for himself...anybody knows something about this??

I'm really sorry if my spelling or grammar aint that good, but I'm from a spanish talking country, so my english skills aren't that good.

If anybody could answer I would be very pleased. Thank you all.

PS: How big has to be dream avenue to find the nightmare monster??
originalcracker

Post by originalcracker »

OK, I'll try to answer your questions. It's been a while for me but here goes:

Nope what you mentioned that you had left to do was it. It kind of sucks. I only spent 60 hours on Boktai 2 and I've spent 180 or so on the first one.

OK, about the Dream Avenue... 14 floors total. Each time you run through it, you'll get some kind of reward. Every other time, you will fight a Nightmare creature for a boss. I think it's ...

OK, sorry for any confusion. I just got the guide out. there are 10 trials and 12 different versions.

here is the bosses:
1. sword +
2. zombie, stone golem, ghast (blue mummy)
3. dark vines x 8
4. axe +
5. cockatrice x 4
6. hell hound x 2
7. sandworm
8. licht
9. serpent
10. licht +

Now, to get everything, you will need to do the 10th trial twice (also the Platimun battle twice). A third time just nets you a random weapon for a prize.

I think that is about it.
Shadow_Dainn

Post by Shadow_Dainn »

Oh thx alot for the answer...it's such a shame there's nothing else to do...I really missed the newgame+ from boktai 1

Oh and btw, does that mean that there's no such nightmare monster as a new boss like the silvery withe knight (Im not sure if that's the spelling) from boktai 1??

And also, does anybody know who was talking after shade man is purified (the one that gave him his fysical form)?, could this have been Dainn? (since Djanjo wonders if it was him who helped him seal away Jogurmandr (not sure how that was spelled, I was lazy to chek), tough I guess it was just Ringo but hey, who knows.
originalcracker

Post by originalcracker »

Yeah, there is no new boss like the Silvery White Knight. But I guess if you think about it this way: The SWK was just a better version of the Armors, then all of the Nightmare creatures are just better versions of their regular selves.

And about the mystery man after Shademan...It's been a while since I did it in the Japanese version so I don't remember what it sounded like, and I just got the American version (3 copies for Christmas!) and haven't yet gotten to that point (actually, I've been link battleing myself for points and Crossover Battles with my Rockman exe 5 cartridge for the 4 special armors. I guess I should make a topic for that here.).

But, over at the gamefaqs board, they had some discussion of who it was. It pretty much ended up being a toss up between Dainn and Ringo. Some thought it was the Count, others thought it was a new character named Dark (wouldn't that just be Dainn?). Anyway, I can't really comment on it untill I get there.

Yeah, I was diappointed that the save file and New Game* system didn't carry over form the first game. I don't want to lose my save file from my Japanese game where everything is complete. That is why I got 3 copies of the American release (I actually asked for 2 copies, but got 3 insted, no matter).
Shadow_Dainn

Post by Shadow_Dainn »

thx again for your quick answers. I guess you're right about the SWK being just an upgraded armor, but at least it wasn't just the same sprite (that's how you spell that?)with strongher hp...but oh well doesn't matter anyway.

And about this "dark" character you said, I tought that dark was just a name of galaxya universe (sabata said something about this, tough I don't quite remember it) , that created inmortals and started the undeadening, but it's just some kind of force, just like sol is the spirit of the sun (sol means sun in spanish anyway) and sent otenko to help the "good guys" against inmortal, and also just like gaea (or gaia?) is the spirit of earth that blesses the pile driver (otenko said this once, tough I don't quite remember when, I think it was when he summoned the first pile driver in boktai 1). Those things aren't fisical characters, with form and personality and all those stuff, they are more like just energies or forces as I said before. At least this is what I believe. I would love to hear more teories about the story, and also I do have more things (teories) to say about the games and story of boktai, but I guess I'll open a new topic.

BTW, I'll be leaving for holidays in some hours (it's 2:30 in da morning here, I'll be leaving around 13:00, so I gotta go sleep) and I won't be back till around 10 of January of the new year, so I won't reply or do anything till that date. I hope all the people of the forum has a nice new year (party!!) and thx alot for everything originalcracker. Bye ppl and c-ya next year ;)