Patch is up (v1.01 incoming)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
shidoni
Major
Kojima games owned: Zone of The Enders
Anubis: Zone of The Enders
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

^ I noticed that. Did you do most of the work on that page? 'cuz its sexcellent...
dhaosdante

Post by dhaosdante »

Wait so is there a release date set yet?

I haven't checked in for awhile.
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

It's still set for "late 2007," but things are progressing extremely well; Osiris recently announced that the patch had a few issues to work out before beginning the beta testing process. So, everything's on schedule and we're all anticipating the next big news event.
Sure, mainstream games are fun, but you haven't tried Snatcher yet.
Nexus_6

Post by Nexus_6 »

Jackafur wrote: Nice name. I actually finished reading Do androids dream of electric sheep yesterday.
Wow, I haven't met too many people who have read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep". I finished reading it about a year ago.
Jackafur

Post by Jackafur »

Nexus_6 wrote:
Jackafur wrote: Nice name. I actually finished reading Do androids dream of electric sheep yesterday.
Wow, I haven't met too many people who have read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep". I finished reading it about a year ago.
It was a good read. I just wish I didnt read it as fast as I did. I finished it in 2 sittings. Its funny like you said I guess not to many people have read it. When I bought it at the book store I had a young lady help me find it.... and she seemed pretty excited that I was there to buy it. "OOOOOH thats a good book! yea Its right over here follow me!"
epitaph
Runner
Favorite Game: Deus Ex
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (SCD, US)
Policenauts (PC-98)
Policenauts (3DO)
Policenauts (PS1)
Policenauts (Saturn)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1, EU)
Metal Gear Solid: Integral (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2, US)

Post by epitaph »

Jackafur wrote:
Nexus_6 wrote:
It was a good read. I just wish I didnt read it as fast as I did. I finished it in 2 sittings. Its funny like you said I guess not to many people have read it. When I bought it at the book store I had a young lady help me find it.... and she seemed pretty excited that I was there to buy it. "OOOOOH thats a good book! yea Its right over here follow me!"
OT: I've heard it's supposedly pretty poorly written, with various deus ex machina plot constructs and other bad writing techniques, but makes for excellent source material as it introduces some interesting concepts. Is this completely off? Is it worth reading, you'd say?
"The west, so afraid of powerful government, now has no government. Only financial power."

Localization, not translation.

It is a title screen.
Something pushes a button.
Jackafur

Post by Jackafur »

epitaph wrote:
Jackafur wrote:
Nexus_6 wrote:
OT: I've heard it's supposedly pretty poorly written, with various deus ex machina plot constructs and other bad writing techniques, but makes for excellent source material as it introduces some interesting concepts. Is this completely off? Is it worth reading, you'd say?
Honestly Im not big on reading books... So I couldnt really tell you if its poorly written. I mean hell the man did write it in 1968 so I guess you have to be a little forgiving.... But I enjoyed the book way more than I enjoyed watching bladerunner. I know that probably blasphemous around here... but meh its how I feel. It's defiantly worth reading if your a Snatcher/Bladerunner fan.
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

Now that I think about it, I still have yet to see Bladerunner - Just haven't had the time with all the busy stuff going on. I should try to put some time aside to get the movie and grab a copy of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. Luckily, our local library is fully equipped with an online system, so I can reserve and rent both for free.

Now I just need to find the time to do those things. :shock:
Nexus_6

Post by Nexus_6 »

I've never seen Blade Runner either, for some reason it has just evaded me. The book was worth reading though.

Jackafur, I'm not a huge reader either, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" was actually a gift from my uncle. I started to read it, and then put it aside for a while. About a year later I found out about Snatcher, played that, and subsequently found out that Snatcher was based loosely on Blade Runner, which was based on the book. So I decided to finish reading it.
Pulstar

Post by Pulstar »

Hello, I'm a long time lurker and I've been patiently awaiting this brilliant translation project!

Blade Runner got me hooked on Snatcher since the latter inspires so much from the original film. Even much of the visualisation is similar (with the major distinguishing facotr being the anime-style graphics of Snatcher). I've also read the book (along with most of Philip K. Dick's work) and I'm yet to find a better author who writes stuff that's sheerly enjoyable to flip through. Shame these days youth don't read as often as people used to though.

@Kojima_Devotee

You might want to wait until the Final Cut is unveiled this December, coinciding with the release of the patch (Somehow I doubt November will see the patch's release but I hope I'm wrong! :D)
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

Welcome to the forum, Pulstar - It's always great to hear from other Snatcher fans! You can discard my guess on the release date, though - As time goes on, Osiris will fill us in on the progress. The big thing I'm waiting for is the announcement that the text-memory issue has been corrected. After that, it sounds like everything will be fairly smooth. (Time consuming, but relatively smooth.)
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

I hate to double-post, but man, there's been little activity in recent weeks. Like the obsessive fan that I am, I need some discussion and news - Where's everyone been all this time? Watching Blade Runner? Getting their Wii's ready for Super Mario Galaxy? Perhaps replaying Snatcher for the 100th time? :razz:
shidoni
Major
Metal Gear Solid
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

Kojima_Devotee wrote:I hate to double-post, but man, there's been little activity in recent weeks. Like the obsessive fan that I am, I need some discussion and news - Where's everyone been all this time? Watching Blade Runner? Getting their Wii's ready for Super Mario Galaxy? Perhaps replaying Snatcher for the 100th time? :razz:
I'm watching too many goddamn movies, lol. And drawing Jonathan Ingram way too fucking much. That's about as PN-centric as my activity gets as of late. I'd blab for hours, man, but I'm not really much of an initiator.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Kojima_Devotee wrote:Like the obsessive fan that I am, I need some discussion and news - Where's everyone been all this time? Watching Blade Runner? Getting their Wii's ready for Super Mario Galaxy? Perhaps replaying Snatcher for the 100th time? :razz:
Close! :) I did see The Final Cut last week, and I just finished translating a little Snatcher radio play that came out a few months before the PC Engine version. I had planned to have it up by now, but work's been holding me back. Hopefully tomorrow.
Last edited by Marc on Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Post by 87th »

I've been looking for jobs. I'm applying for a really good one that I have a good chance at getting, but I'm being super-careful with my CV and covering letter with this one.

Pre-ordered Super Mario Galaxy today, now you mention it. I'm looking forward to it.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

We should start a Policenauts "Pass the Time Till the Patch" social thread. PTTTTP. <-- That kind of works as an emoticon too. For use anytime you get tired of waiting. :lol:
87th wrote:I've been looking for jobs. I'm applying for a really good one that I have a good chance at getting, but I'm being super-careful with my CV and covering letter with this one.
Good luck!
X_Lupin
Runner

Post by X_Lupin »

I played through MGS2 again, bought Phoenix Wright 3, and bought Call of Duty 4 for the PS3.
shidoni
Major
Metal Gear Solid
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

Osiris wrote:We should start a Policenauts "Pass the Time Till the Patch" social thread. PTTTTP. <-- That kind of works as an emoticon too. For use anytime you get tired of waiting. :lol:
It'll be like the random thread at 4chan. Except less penis.

If noone makes this miracle thread, which one will be... uh, suggested, to service every visit, I will. *salute*

Because I have that much time and boredom on my hands.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Yeah, good luck 87th, I'm looking for jobs, as well. Have been doing so for a long time now, actually.
Kojima_Devotee wrote:I hate to double-post, but man, there's been little activity in recent weeks. Like the obsessive fan that I am, I need some discussion and news - Where's everyone been all this time? Watching Blade Runner? Getting their Wii's ready for Super Mario Galaxy? Perhaps replaying Snatcher for the 100th time? :razz:
What have I been doing? Delivering Yellow Pages (phone directories) around my local area (seriously), signed up with an apprenticeship scheme, going to the job centre every so often, watched lots of movies, read some novels and been taking my pet pooch out for a run on the field every day. Aside from that, life is rather mellow. Not seen my best friends since they left for University. :sad:
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Work, plus work and work. Aside from that, playing Eternal Sonata during weekends with my girlfriend, just coming out of a Hi-fi headphones-amplifiers-tubes spending spree (just ended with a setup I like and feel sounds right)...

Good luck with your jobs Henry Spencer and 87th.

And in my case it was close as well.. I'll be watching the Final Cut next month in L.A.

PTTTTP!
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
shidoni
Major
Metal Gear Solid
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

Where should I post this wallpaper I wonder... :-k Should I throw it down here?

Edit: Oh, fuck it, here ya go, Merry christmas!!
Snatcher wrote:Image Attached, hot linking is frowned upon by baby Jesus =P (In reality I rather have it as part of the forum instead of it disappearing later)
Direct image because I'm a jerk like that! Hah, now you have to scroll to read posts! Haha~

Tell me if it's alright or not, I can't see shit on this monitor... I just moved and I couldn't take my old one, so I found this one in the basement, and... it's all bleached out and blurry. The texture of the scan is supposed to be there though.
Attachments
Policenauts.jpg
shidoni
Major
Metal Gear Solid
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

I just had a thought, Osiris, Snatcher, did you think about what kind of crazy... fandom you'd inspire with this translation? Are you prepared for entailing bullshit (edit; bullshit being a relative word)? I'm sure you guys are, but I gotta ask your opinions on scary die-hards... You know the type I'm talking about.
Last edited by shidoni on Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nexus_6

Post by Nexus_6 »

Thanks for screwing up the thread page shidoni :razz:. Thats a nice Background image though, its going on my desktop.
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Post by 87th »

Osiris wrote: Good luck!
Henry Spencer wrote:Yeah, good luck 87th, I'm looking for jobs, as well. Have been doing so for a long time now, actually.
Snatcher wrote: Good luck with your jobs Henry Spencer and 87th.
Thanks! I finally got around to applying. Beer and Super Mario Bros. 3 are cruel and distracting mistresses.
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

Hahaha, excellent - I've sparked some discussion. First off, good luck to all those applying for jobs - I know how hard those long drives and letter-/resume-writing sessions can be. As for me, I'm kind of wasting time on my end, working full-time then collapsing from exhaustion at the end of the day. Whenever possible, I work on playing through the games I haven't finished. I'd get through them faster if I didn't get side-tracked so often, playing games I've already completed. (I want to play through MGS3 again simply because the last two hours are amazing.) Either way, I'm keeping myself amused.