Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
Synthoid
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner

Post by Synthoid »

Today I bought the 25th anniversary revised edition of Paul M. Sammon's Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner from Amazon, and guess what was mentioned in the appendix section?

Snatcher, along with numerous other cyberpunk games like Shadowrun and Syndicate. It's nice to see some acknowledgement being given to such. As for the book itself, it's an exceptional read and well deserving of its penning as the "BR Bible". There's literally everything in here about every aspect of the film, it's development, the book on which it was based, the cast and crew involved, etc. After having watched the Dangerous Days documentary and each version of the film a number of times, I thought I knew quite a fair bit about BR. Well, this book pretty much blows that out of the water. It's a goldmine of information, and if you're a fan of the film and you haven't read it already, I certainly recommend it.

One final note, the audio commentary on the Workprint with Paul Sammon is great. He's just so easy to listen to, it's like you're sitting next to a best friend who shares your interests.
kitano

Post by kitano »

Yeah, Paul Sammon is great. His commentary on the workprint was so loaded with info that I wondered how did he manage to breathe. The guy used every second of his time.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Yes it was really enjoyable. I am only missing 1 commentary form the first disc form all the package, and I want more =P
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I noticed Kojima picked up the Japanese edition of Future Noir last month, along with the 5-disc DVD boxset and 3-disc Vangelis soundtrack.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

You... noticed?...
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Snatcher wrote:You... noticed?...
Yeah, it was on his podcast page.