I'm selling my Metal Gear collection

a.k.a. Plato's Cavern, the place to sell and trade Kojima game-related items.
No ISO/ROM/CDR buying, trading or giveaways.
Please read the Rules
mattbellamy
Favorite Game: MGS2
Kojima games owned: All

I'm selling my Metal Gear collection

Post by mattbellamy »

I've put my gold shareholder premium pack for sale: http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0291937258

I'm going to sell away all my MGS collection in the upcoming week, including the MGS4 extremely rare and complete french press kit, 2 white ultimate sorters, the black ultimate sorter, the japanese sealed 1st edition of MGS integrals with all stickers, the promo VR mission UK package, the sealed MGS2 premium pack, the extremely rare konamistyle Kerotan and Ga-ko coin banks, the MGS pin's japanese collection, telephone cards, and lots of other rare and promotional MGS stuff.

I'm selling everything because I've started to realise I couldn't manage both my Muse and Metal Gear collection, in terms of space AND money, so I have decided to keep what's the most important and essential to me. But I'm going to regret it a lot.
Sevket
Runner
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 4
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid DEMO (NTSC-U)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid DEMO (NTSC-J)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions DEMO (NTSC-J)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Platinum (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (NTSC)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Collector's Edition (NTSC-U)
Metal Gear Solid: Bandee Desinee DVD
PSN: Sevket
Xbox Live: SevketErhat

Re: I'm selling my Metal Gear collection

Post by Sevket »

Be sure that I am ready to help.

If you have msn messenger add me
sevket@kktc.net
If you want to sell your MGS Promo Discs or Demos please contact me

My Metal Gear Collection
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii24 ... ?start=all
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Post by Screaming Mantis »

And do we get first picks on these items? I would like some that I know you have. Thanks.
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
mattbellamy

Post by mattbellamy »

I think I'll make a thread here with all the items I have for sale with pics for each one. Everything is in MINT or SEALED condition, I insist on this as I hate to receive an item with flaws :mrgreen:

I guess you guys from junkerhq will deserve to be the first aware of it. I'm not sure yet if I'll use ebay or not, maybe I'll sell the most important here and the rest on ebay, it really depends on how things go.
Sevket
Runner

Post by Sevket »

Eagerly waiting here

My Metal Gear Collection
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

Am I the only one that thinks this is a negative thing? As fellow Metal Gear collectors and people who loves the series how can people not be trying to talk matt out of this?

I sent you a nice long pm on how I think this is a bad bad mistake. Ignore the flood of msgs you'll get from people trying to pry things out of your collection and really think about what I said in it. Money comes and goes man, and as much as you have items I could easily take off you as I've been looking for them for months and I have the money to do it, I'm the first guy to say:

Please don't break up your collection. It's awesome man and I'd hate to see it broken apart and sold off.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

I understand what your saying violentsnake, but that's how other people like us (and you collect items we want). Someone has to give...........period. If not, then no one would get anything. It's all a big cycle, we will almost all do before we die. I mean we aren't going to have these things forever, as much as we think we are. And believe me, I know how we all feel, we would never sell our most prized items, but there might come a day when we will.

So anyways.....................post it up! Haha, I'm ready to buy something.

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

It's one thing for a seller to sell something, it's another for someone to get rid of their entire collection. There's plenty of sellers and plenty of items out there. If mattbellamy doesn't sell his white sorter who cares, I'll find another one. I know matt probably has 5 or 6 items on my want list, so for me to try and discourage him from selling might seem odd, and honestly I'm going to do all I can to persaude him to rethink this.

It just seems like he's passionate about Metal Gear, and it doesn't seem like getting a few thousand bucks is worth losing what he worked so hard to get. He's not just a guy with alot of Metal Gear items, he's a guy that loves Metal Gear.

I say he should wait a few months - and see if he regrets keeping it. If that's the case, then he can still sell everything (I'll end up buying half of it) and get the same money and it'll all be gone in 7 days.

The other scenario is if he sells now and he regrets it there's little he can do about it. I mean, he can start collecting again but it'd take months to get everything back, and it'll cost him more to get it all back (shipping, rising values, etc). Now forget about yourself and ask - hey, in matt's case is he better off taking my advice and if he regrets it just sell it down the road (which he could EASILY still do for the same money) or run the risk of selling and possibly regretting bigtime later (which is like 50x harder to rectify than the previous scenario)?

Either way, he's a grown man and it's up to him. I'm just trying to be a friend to him and not a potential buyer. At the end of the day I'd get far more satisfaction if my advice helped him out in any way (wether he still sells or not) than it would to just buy something from him.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

LOL I should shut up until I get a response from matt. He may have already given this quite a bit of thought, I have no idea. We're on opposite sides of the world so our emails aren't exactly back-and-forth heh.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

Yeah I totally agree with Violent Snake, I too have been through a similar type of thing like Matt where I sold off everything and ended up regretting it. However, I think, having come to this decision, it probably wasn't an easy one to make and now it's been made, I'm sure a lot of thought has been put in to it.

Sometimes though, thoughts are all they really are, because you really don't miss something/someone as much until it's gone.

I respect your wishes though Matt, you know that already and I wish you all the best with stuff mate. :)
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

jonthomas83 wrote:Yeah I totally agree with Violent Snake, I too have been through a similar type of thing like Matt where I sold off everything and ended up regretting it. However, I think, having come to this decision, it probably wasn't an easy one to make and now it's been made, I'm sure a lot of thought has been put in to it.

Sometimes though, thoughts are all they really are, because you really don't miss something/someone as much until it's gone.

I respect your wishes though Matt, you know that already and I wish you all the best with stuff mate. :)
Get lost JT!

You're supposed to be relaxing 8)
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

violentsnake wrote:
jonthomas83 wrote:Yeah I totally agree with Violent Snake, I too have been through a similar type of thing like Matt where I sold off everything and ended up regretting it. However, I think, having come to this decision, it probably wasn't an easy one to make and now it's been made, I'm sure a lot of thought has been put in to it.

Get lost JT!

You're supposed to be relaxing 8)
lol, I'm going, I'm going! :D

See you soon fellas and fellettes?!
mattbellamy

Post by mattbellamy »

Hi guys, I'm replying here to all the pm's I have received.

Thanks everyone for your support, I really appreciate it. I can understand why you're all surprised about me selling my collection, but I've really thought things through. Sure I really enjoy watching everything I have, and I know some pieces I own are very rare, but the main reason is that I just don't have the space and the money to carry on buying stuff. I could stop collecting Metal Gear, of course, and keep everything I own. But I feared a bit with buying so much this summer that eventually I would sell back, like it happened to me in the past. I'm 100% sure that I love and that I'll keep no matter what my Muse collection, maybe because some things I own are unique (and by unique I mean one in the world), but also because their music is connected to someone I have loved in the past, that the first time I went to a gig and bought tickets were for this band, that I've known them since their beginning in 1999, and that whenever I play their music on my piano, I feel a strong feeling. However, with Metal Gear, even though I LOVE the videogames (without any doubt my favourite in the videogame history and I have played hundreds of them), I don't have that little thing that makes me think "I'll keep all this no matter what".
I have a third collection aside from Metal gear and Muse, my Saint Seiya figures collection. This is very special to me as well, I was watching the show at its release when I was 4, and there was another figure collection at that time. Then, in 2003 (or 2004 I don't remember), they started another figure series, much more well realistic. I've collected all of them for 2 years, and then I sold everything. Then, one year later, I bought everything back because the nostalgia towards the series was too strong. Yet I'm selling some figures now because I don't display them and I keep only the figures that were in the old series.

So anyway, I'm still going to play MGO which I adore and I'll replay all four installments over and over again I guess hehe. I'm just done collecting Metal gear, but who knows, maybe I'll want to get back to it someday, but there's no regret.

I'm going to add pictures either tomorrow night or on friday, but here is what I'm starting with. I ship worldwide (the shipping costs will really depend of the object because of the different sizes) and if you buy a lot of course I'll do my best to regroup everything and reduce the shipping costs. My favourite payment method would be money bank transfer (it's very easy ,it's just a matter of some bank codes, I'll have to check how it goes with the international but I've done it before and it's easy as pie) as I have a limit with paypal when it comes to receiving payment. I'll also accept Paypal but will give priority to bank transfer.

Here is the first set I'm putting on sale:

-MGO Konamistyle Limited Pack with SIGNED PSP. The box was limited to 2500 pieces but only 18 boxes with the signed psp's were given to MGO league winners. The box is spotless, the badges are still sealed inside the box, comes with the certificate, the game, the psp camouflage, everything! Price: 650$

-KUBRICK Olive Snake Drab medicom SEALED in box: $320

-MGS VR missions PROMO UK SEALED pack with Snake figure: $280

-Metal Gear solid 2 Shareholder Edition SEALED in original konami enveloppe with certificate: $475

-Metal Gear Solid 3 Shareholder Edition SEALED in original konami enveloppe with promo ad and certificate: $300

-Metal Gear Solid 2 Premium Pack SEALED: $200

-MGS Promo Japanese Pin's Set : $260

-MGS INTEGRALS Japanese 1st edition SEALED with all stickers: $300

-MGS3 Japan only promo Camo BANDANA SEALED: $220

-MGS Telephone Card Promotional MERYL SEALED: $120

-MGS Telephone Card Promotional Set Ninja&Snake: $180

-Metal Gear Solid 4 FRENCH Press kit with everything: T-shirt, MGS4 Strap, L'écran fantastique ad, PRESS KIT in french with lots of artworks, and the awesome big Tin Box(in perfect condition, no denting): $350

-MGS2 UK only TIN box (in perfect condition, no denting, contrary to most you see on ebay) with SEALED MGS2 Uk game + SEALED Card set: $250

-Metal Gear RAY Figure complete and in great shape + my custom Metal Gear REX paperkraft: $100

-MGS2 Impossible to find RAIDEN KUBRICK Sealed with UNBROKEN Sword + pristine box: $300

-Promotional GA-KO coin bank sealed in box: $100

-Konamistyle MGS3 promo GA-KO coin bank with box in perfect condition: $120

-Konamistyle MGS3 promo KEROTAN coin bank with box in perfect condition: $120

- ULTIMATE WHITE SORTER with plastic on it, optical card, and konamistyle big white box and MGS2 Trailer: $500

-ULTIMATE WHITE SORTER with disc, display discs + MGS2 game with promo Gackt sleeve + MGS2 The document + MGS2 substance (all japanese games): $400

-ULTIMATE BLACK SORTER with disc and display discs: $400
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

You've got PM.

violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Well, say no more man. I'm convinced. I had to try though, because honestly even though we haven't talked alot I like ya alot and hate to see you leave the community.

Regardless, I'll send you a pm and see if we can work something out.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

I'm hurting... I can't even afford any one of these now... :cry:
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Just so you guys know, I'd REALLY suggest that MGS Integral. Myself and matt are the only two I know of that have these sealed with all the stickers on it. You might not see that thing for sale for a LONG time.

I mean, all you guys know how rare the other items are, this is just something people might overlook.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

lance wrote:I'm hurting... I can't even afford any one of these now... :cry:
+1 to that, I can't afford them either =( shittt...
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
Sevket
Runner

Post by Sevket »

lance wrote:I'm hurting... I can't even afford any one of these now... :cry:
add me to the list :mrgreen:

My Metal Gear Collection
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Man if he accepted paypal..........i'd be good to go.

TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

maybe when matt drops some cheapo stuff, then id grab some stuff =D
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

TSi wrote:maybe when matt drops some cheapo stuff, then id grab some stuff =D
Now add me to that! :mrgreen:
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Are you waiting to sell this current wave before posting the next wave? For now all I'll really take is the MGS2 PP, but would like to wait on payment until I see what else you're selling to save on shipping. France to Canada shipping through La Poste is slow and expensive :x
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

MGS3 Japan only promo Camo BANDANA SEALED: $220

Any pictures of this?

Sevket
Runner

Post by Sevket »

lance wrote:
TSi wrote:maybe when matt drops some cheapo stuff, then id grab some stuff =D
Now add me to that! :mrgreen:
Same here

My Metal Gear Collection