Screaming Mantis' Art Work

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Screaming Mantis' Art Work

Post by Screaming Mantis »

Recently, I've been inspired by Yoji Shinkawa's artwork, and he really has become my favorite artist. So while I don't really care for drawing, I did want to try my hand at his style of art. So here is my Shinkawa inspired Sniper Wolf:

I just completed this as of a few mins. ago. It usually takes me days or hours to draw something whenever I do draw (and I use a mechanical pencil), but this took maybe 45 mins to an hour. So I was really pleased with the downtime for this type of work. I am considering drawing a few more pieces, something the board would like to see.......
Last edited by Screaming Mantis on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Re: Screaming Mantis' Art Work

Post by violentpig »

Uhm...I've got a comic strip idea if you want to see a script... :|
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

It looks better in person really. I don't have a great camera so I can't get the best picture of it.

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

violentpig wrote:Uhm...I've got a comic strip idea if you want to see a script... :|
Haha, I can only imagine what it is about. :P

violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

It's quite an amazing story. Part 1 follows this dude (let's call him...VS)....helping out in a Ukrainian orphanage for disabled children when an unknown evil wizard appears out of nowhere to wreak havoc and turn the innocent and handsome VS into a pig. He's then sent to a sausage factory where he has to make a daring escape.

Along the way of his quest to regain humanity he learns many valuable lessons, fights many of his Ukrainian henchman, makes sweet sweet love to a bunch of hot broads and even learns the deadly secret of his connection with the wizard. He even befriends a sidekick bug named Javelin Ladybug along the way, and the running joke in the comic strip is how the pig questions JL's sexuality as he's quite a dainty character. (OK JT I'm totally screwing with ya here sorry man. It's for the sake of comedy)

OK no more hijacking your thread. Nice picture. I'm envious of people with artistic talents as I have none, especially the ability to draw.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Haha, Thanks.

whitetrashshayno
Runner
Favorite Game: mgs..all of em, final fantasy 7
Kojima games owned: metal gear 1,2,snakes revenge
mgs 1,mgs vr missions,2substance,document of mgs2, mgs3,mgs3s,mgs4 collectors edition, portable ops, acid,portable ops+, digital graphic novel

Snatcher
PSN: wtshayno

Post by whitetrashshayno »

good work man.

Looks epic
Wanted list
Mgs 1 pal premium pack (unsealed but with all the stuff), first bite poster, mgs 3premium pack, mgs 2 premium pack , Mgs 3 subsistence us limted edition unsealed.

Any smashing pumpkins,beck, radiohead, arcade fire, spoon, beatles, or doors vinyls :)
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Post by gixo »

ImageImage
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

This one took a while.

Ninjax008
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
PSN: ninjax008

Post by Ninjax008 »

Screaming Mantis wrote:Image

This one took a while.

THAT 1 is awesome!!!!!! 8) You could sell that :D
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo