Snatcher Mega CD Soundtrack 192kps

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
sad_muso

Post by sad_muso »

Hi,

I can't find a soundtrack for Snatcher on Mega CD that's good quality anywhere, so unless someone else is willing to/has already done so, I'm going to be recording all of the music from the game using Gens emulator and the WAV record function in Gens, then rip to mp3. If I do this, would someone be up for naming and putting the tracks in order? Will probably put the cut scene mp3s in there too for a complete collection!

Cheers,

sad_muso
Solidé
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.
Policenauts for Playstation, Saturn and 3DO.
Snatcher for PC Engine, Saturn and Sega CD.
Zone of the enders games for PS2.
Boktai games and Lunar Knights.
PSN: Solide18

Post by Solidé »

Yes, i can do that.
I got lot's of experience ID tagging MP3, because i listen mostly Japanese music and most of them have been tagged using Kanas and Kanjis and last.fm plugin doesn't understand those. So i've been re-tagging hundreds MP3's and full albums.

Actually i've already ID tagged and named all MP3's from Snatcher Kremlin site. It's not a problem for me, so contact me via messenger: Solide18@hotmail.com

EDIT: oh, and i can also convert all wav tracks to mp3 format if you can't do it.
http://hkfin.org/ Finnish Hideo Kojima Fan Forum
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

Please put up FLAC versions as well so we can have full-quality rips if we want (like me).
sad_muso

Post by sad_muso »

Yeah, I'll start ripping soon when I have the time - it's gonna take a while.

How do you guys think the songs should be cut? 2 repeats and then fade out, something like that?
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

I honestly would not mind, but I prefer it with OST music when there is about one or two repeats (like you said), that's enough really. I look forward to hearing the music in FLAC format, also (using a decoder for it).

It's very generous of you to do this, so thanks very much.
8bitsonic
Major
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

sad_muso wrote:How do you guys think the songs should be cut? 2 repeats and then fade out, something like that?
Yes, that's the standard format for ripping video game music.
sad_muso

Re: Snatcher Mega CD Soundtrack 192kps

Post by sad_muso »

So! Hi guys! I kinda got lost for ageeees playing Call of Duty World at War, BUT - I still plan on doing this game rip! Just such a time consuming and tricky thing to do! Can anyone help by giving me the locations of the different bits of music throughout the game so I don't miss any?

sad_muso

Post by sad_muso »

I've just found a torrent with the Mega CD soundtrack! Major breakthrough, BUT most of it is ripped at like 56k, so I'll still proceed with a better quality rip. At least I now have song names to go by! :D Wow, not many people post on here any more eh?
The Spoony Hou
Runner

Post by The Spoony Hou »

Can't someone with technical knowledge extract the GYM files of the game?
sad_muso

Post by sad_muso »

That would be amazing. I've looked on website that have tons of music ripped from Sega Genesis but none have Snatcher. I take it there's no sound test hidden in the game anywhere? So frustrating! Can't even save state in Gens because unlike standard Genesis games, Mega CD messes up - you have to use the Metal Gear save function! If anyone has a ton of different save states that could help me find all the music!
elijahmodnar2k2
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid II, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (lawlz).

Post by elijahmodnar2k2 »

I have done a rip of the music years ago. Do you want me to upload a .rar of them? I could have it done by tomorrow since some of the files are still in uncompressed .wav format.
Last edited by elijahmodnar2k2 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sad_muso

Post by sad_muso »

Wow! You kidding me? That would be the best thing ever! Yes please :D
elijahmodnar2k2
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid II, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (lawlz).

Sure. My only problem is what to name some of the tracks in Act 3. I've come up with generic titles myself, but is there an official list of song names from the PC-Engine, PS-X, or Saturn version? I assume the songs are the same from my rudimentary knowledge of those versions and there music. I have literally every Snatcher music CD and I'm not familiar with those versions getting full OST releases ala the MSX version.

EDIT: Missing Tracks

Theme of Metal Gear
The Morgue (Intro is biffed)
Beyond Sorrows (Impossible to remove voice acting from remixed track)

I will have this up tonight or tomorrow morning.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Wouldn't it be een better to detail how you can rip them? that way we can have a documented way of doing so, just as with the PCM voice data...
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
elijahmodnar2k2

The details are hazy since I've ripped these over 5 years ago, but I remember disabling features of the Sega CD during emulation. Basically disabling the drive itself during certain scenes and then doing a WAV dump of the audio. It was crude, but yielded great results.

EDIT:
Artemio wrote:Wouldn't it be een better to detail how you can rip them? that way we can have a documented way of doing so, just as with the PCM voice data...
After rereading your post, I will open an ISO of Snatcher tonight or tomorrow and will try to replicate the process. Sorry about that.
elijahmodnar2k2

Snatcher (Sega-CD OST) by Konami
Megaupload Link
1. "Signature"
2. "J.U.N.K.E.R. HQ"
3. "Theme of Metal Gear" [Missing]
4. "Abandoned Factory"
5. "Creeping Silence"
6. "Criminal Omen"
7. "Danger Dance --- & Justice All" [Missing]
8. "Innocent Girl"
9. "Merry X'Mas Neo Kobe City"
10. "Joy Division"
11. "Decadence Beat"
12. "The Entrance to Hell"
13. "Theme of Isabella"
14. "Theme of Jamie"
15. "Gillian's Apartment"
16. "Theme of Katrina (Part 2)"
17. "Blow Up Turbocycle"
18. "Morgue" [Typo in Song ID]
19. "Restoration"
20. "Eternal Promise (Good Bye RANDOM) (Part 1)"
21. "Spreading Die Hard"
22. "Eternal Promise (Good Bye RANDOM) (Part 2)"
23. "Pleasure of Tension"
24. "Endless Pursuer"
25. "Cure"
26. "Red March"
27. "Church [renamed from "The Lair"]"
28. "Game Over"
29. "Amnesia [renamed from "The Past"]
30. "Theme of Elijah [renamed from "Unrequited Love"]"
31. "Last Stand [renamed from "Countdown"]"
32. "'Later, kid!' [renamed from "Real Memory"]
The renamed Act 3 tracks are different than what I titled them when I donated some of the mp3s to Snatcher2047 for his Kremlin website years back. I just feel the titles fit better. To be honest, if the community can think of better titles, than by all means; song naming is not my forte'. Enjoy and let me know if there are any issues with the tagging. Also, I will get back to Artemio on how I did this later tomorrow.
sad_muso

Post by sad_muso »

elijahmodnar2k2, you are a legend! I haven't listened to the mp3s yet as I'm at work but will do so tonight when I get home! Thank you so much for doing this, and if you're able to document how you did it that's ever better!
sad_muso

Post by sad_muso »

This. Is. Awesome. I can't thank you enough!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
elijahmodnar2k2

Thanks! It was a definite pleasure as I love Snatcher and it is the least I can do for the community which has given me so much. Anyway, I will be spending some time tonight working on the process and adding the missing music. Ideally, I will have a complete version which will address some incosistancies in song length, song titles, and fixing the intro of 'Morg', and adding 'Danger Dance --- & Justice All', 'Theme of Metal Gear', and that song that plays when Lisa Nealson is talking to Gillian in the bathroom.

Hope you guys enjoyed it so far.

If it works, I will post how I did it after I finish this side project.
The Spoony Hou
Runner

Post by The Spoony Hou »

sad_muso wrote:Can't even save state in Gens because unlike standard Genesis games, Mega CD messes up - you have to use the Metal Gear save function! If anyone has a ton of different save states that could help me find all the music!
Maybe it's too late for that, but the latest version of Fusion can savestate SegaCD games.

Fusion 3.61

Oh, and thank you very much, elijahmodnar2k2, for your rip :D .
sad_muso

Post by sad_muso »

The Spoony Hou wrote:
sad_muso wrote:Can't even save state in Gens because unlike standard Genesis games, Mega CD messes up - you have to use the Metal Gear save function! If anyone has a ton of different save states that could help me find all the music!
Maybe it's too late for that, but the latest version of Fusion can savestate SegaCD games.

Fusion 3.61

Oh, and thank you very much, elijahmodnar2k2, for your rip :D .
Awesome, I'll try this out! I've still been using Gens for playing Genesis and Mega CD games, but I've noticed that it suffers from screen tear quite a lot. What do you guys think is THE best Genesis & Mega CD Emulator out there at the moment?
The Spoony Hou
Runner

Post by The Spoony Hou »

Fusion is the best one, the only problem is editing the ini file to stop it from stretching the image output (like in Snatcher). Stupid Steve Snake :P .

Anyways, any emulator will have screen tearing if you leave the Vsync off :wink: .
JonnyTanna
Favorite Game: Killer7
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Series (Even down to Metal Gear Mobile)
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Post by JonnyTanna »

Can't wait to download and listen to it. Does it also have the narration from the end of act 2?
elijahmodnar2k2

The soundtrack I posted is simply a recording of the sound chip-generated music. Any redbook audio or voice samples/files is not part of the soundtrack. The narration from the end of Act II can be found on youtube or elsewhere. Thanks for the interest and I hope you enjoy it!
The Chosen
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Post by The Chosen »

This seems to be missing "One Night In Neo Kobe City", "Biohazard" and "Theme Of Metal Gear". Not sure if it's missing any other music.

Ta.