[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file ./includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file ./includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file ./includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file ./includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file ./includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Junker HQ • View topic - Kojima on MGS5 and PS3 vs 360

Kojima on MGS5 and PS3 vs 360

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.

Re: Kojima on MGS5 and PS3 vs 360

Postby Dick Motorman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:33 pm

Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Postby Commander_AK-47 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Commander_AK-47
Captain

Postby Dick Motorman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:17 am

Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Postby Commander_AK-47 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Well you've convinced me.
Commander_AK-47
Captain

Postby Artemio » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:03 pm

As a developer, even though the discussion has ended, I wanted to add a bit to it. I feel strongly about the recent multi-platform tendencies in the industry, since I do believe as well that games are affected in terms of general quality. One other way different from the ones exposed is the extra layer in terms of execution.. you have an abstraction layer that is used to have the same game running in different platforms, and that extraction layer manages resources and data. It is not emulation, but thinking of it as similar helps.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[]
Artemio
Site Admin

Postby ShinjiPG » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:04 pm

Dick, you're clearly the one not understanding what I'm saying.
By pointing out the Mirror's Edge example, I was proving that multi-plataform games don't need to be limited to the weakest system specs. Do you need me to tell you again that Mirror's Edge PC is far superior than the PS3 and XBOX versions in terms of physics engine and graphics, while still being the same game? Because I can write it as many times as you want.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
ShinjiPG
Runner

Postby Dick Motorman » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Postby ShinjiPG » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:04 am

"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
ShinjiPG
Runner

Postby Dick Motorman » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:39 pm

believe me I stopped caring a long time ago.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Postby cacetete » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:40 am

it could be converted, but it would require some programming and it probably is not worth it. probably easier and worth more money to make another game.
cacetete

Postby Dick Motorman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:57 am

Last edited by Dick Motorman on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Postby Commander_AK-47 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:25 pm

Dick is right, it is impossible unless they completely remake it for 360.
Commander_AK-47
Captain

Postby KOJIMASAN » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:48 pm

KOJIMASAN

Previous

Return to Kojima Productions Discussion