Kojima Productions New IP Revealed Soon?

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Re: Kojima Productions New IP Revealed Soon?

Post by el_ash »

Wel I too herd about "Metal Gear Rising", I don't really want to see another MGS game....
But I'd hate for it to be some exclusive on the 360 (a system I don't have).

I know that's fucked up of me, But if it turns out to be a good and original game...
I'd like to enjoy what was a PS exclusive for the past 10 years on my PS3, And not have to buy a 360.

45MIN to go on the site....

I was kinda hoping to see another "Snatcher" game, I'm still hoping Project S is mentioned or something at the E3?
I got my hopes up for another Snatcher title, eventhough it might suck...there's always a chance it would rock.
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
silent_snake
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by silent_snake »

Someone posted this on the MGS:TUS forum:

Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Formats: PC, PS3, X360
Out: TBA
Publisher: Konami
Developer: Kojima Productions

Apparently it's from GamesPress website. I'm not registered there so I can't see it on the actual web page.
JonnyTanna
Favorite Game: Killer7
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Series (Even down to Metal Gear Mobile)
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Post by JonnyTanna »

Pllease tell me this is a late April fools joke.. I don't mind it being on X360, but Raiden as the main character?

Doesn't Kojima listen to public opinion/reaction?
Jack
Runner
Location: Outside the memory of Shadow Moses, done running...

Post by Jack »

Once again the Metal Gear brand is still "Solid".

I would have liked them to drop the Solid for once. MGR > MGSR.

I wonder if this is the game developed with a "western" attitude by Kojipro
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

PC release? That's interesting to know...
I believe it's going to be the first Metal Gear to be released on the PC on the original release date, and not as a late-comer port.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Ok, I said to place your bets on a new PSP metal gear...and I'm gonna up the stakes.

We've got an announcement tomorrow, and I'm gonna spoil it further.

"Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker" on PSP

I'll bet a million internets on it.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
The Hero

Post by The Hero »

Just saw this on Kotaku.com:

There we can see not only that MGS Rising is on PC, 360 and PS3, like Silent_Snake said, but also about the PSP game Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. I hope it's a sequel to Portable Ops.
"Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box, and it will take care of you."
Jack
Runner

Post by Jack »

Huh? what's doing there Portable Ops +?
The Hero

Post by The Hero »

Portable Ops +? Sounds like that expansion pack that was released a year ago (two years ago in North America, I think). I wonder why it says TBA. Same with the essential collection; isn't that already released?
"Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box, and it will take care of you."
Ghost
Favorite Game: Difficult, I have so many
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (MSX2)
Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake (MSX2 original :D)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid (Gameboy Color, that's Ghost Babel;) )
Metal Gear Acid

Boktai (European)
Boktai (Japanese)
Boktai 2 (European)
Boktai 2 (USA)
Boktai 2 (Japanese)
Boktai 3
Lunar Knights

Hopefully soon Snatcher Mega CD

Post by Ghost »

They probably forgot to update their release list, the same happens in ToTheGame which lists games that came out several years ago as TBA.
JonnyTanna
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Post by JonnyTanna »

I hope that the Western style game will have descent acting/scripting. Western games suck when it comes to the story/acting/face rendering.

They don't need to make a Western style game, they need to get a better marketing department in the west. Then again, games like Dead Rising & Metal Gear, are probably quite Western as you'd sometimes forget they were Japanese developed games.

If they make the Raiden game anything like No More Heroes or Ninja Gaiden then I guess it should be ok. Ninja characters in Metal Gear games are usually too one dimensional. Regardless, it doesn't feel like a Metal Gear game if the protagonist isn't Snake.

Hopefully they release portable ops on PSN, playing it with thoe shifty PSP controls is a nightmare.

I think Kojima is knocking out all these titles to escape his 20 Metal Gear contract. I mean, look at some of the stuff they've release.. Metal Gear Digital Novel? You know this man wants out. and soon!
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Re:

Post by Dick Motorman »

JonnyTanna wrote:I hope that the Western style game will have descent acting/scripting. Western games suck when it comes to the story/acting/face rendering.

They don't need to make a Western style game, they need to get a better marketing department in the west. Then again, games like Dead Rising & Metal Gear, are probably quite Western as you'd sometimes forget they were Japanese developed games.

If they make the Raiden game anything like No More Heroes or Ninja Gaiden then I guess it should be ok. Ninja characters in Metal Gear games are usually too one dimensional. Regardless, it doesn't feel like a Metal Gear game if the protagonist isn't Snake.

Hopefully they release portable ops on PSN, playing it with thoe shifty PSP controls is a nightmare.

I think Kojima is knocking out all these titles to escape his 20 Metal Gear contract. I mean, look at some of the stuff they've release.. Metal Gear Digital Novel? You know this man wants out. and soon!
just face it, the kojima we all grew to love is dead. He's been replaced by a money loving Snatcher. It really does feel like a weird dream, however. That Kojima has taken it this far, it's a shame.
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

I agree with Dick...LOL!

It Seriously seems like Konami has a gun to Kojima's head saying "You have 20 more MGS's to make, or we kill your family!"

I mean they are still using "Solid" in the title, To me once you killed off Snake that title is now dead as well....It should just be "Metal Gear"!
Then of course it hasn't even been a full year since the last MGS, I think it's far too soon...and much like kicking a dead horse before it's even dead.

I know Kojima wants to leave the series to the "Next Generation" to carry on for him, But why the overkill?
I could see if 3 years had passed since MGS4's release or something for this kind of MGS explosion, But so soon it makes it feel really cheap to me.

I'm almost doubting the quality and presentation etc. of these new games coming out so soon.
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

it's absolutely disgusting that kojima is doing this.
krelian

Re:

Post by krelian »

I generally hate to make useless posts like "what he said", "agreed" etc... but in this case I'm gonna make an exception, as Mr. Motorman took the words from my mouth

yeah disgusting, though to be fair a few weeks ago Kojima stated is being pushed heavily by Konami, so He's probably torn between leaving Konami, letting them totally screw up the MGS franchise, and keeping his position, limiting the damage

probably, I dunno, I'm just speculating

I also like JonnyTanna's post, though he's been WAY too soft:
JonnyTanna wrote:I hope that the Western style game will have descent acting/scripting. Western games suck when it comes to the story/acting/face rendering
when it comes to story????

western games suck. period
They always have. The only exception might be Ron Gilbert and the LucasArts classics, but after that it's nothing but JUNK, nothing but silly, soulless FPSs, RTSs or garbage like GrandTheftAuto

Kojima is pretty much dead to me now, I'll obviously watch the press conference on Wednesday buy I dont really expect much
Last edited by krelian on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack
Runner

Post by Jack »

Is this 20 mg games contract true, or fan speculation?
JonnyTanna
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Post by JonnyTanna »

Unfortunately, the contract for 20 additional Metal Gear titles is true. I can't recall the specifics, but it was posted on thesnakesoup.org a few years back. The title of the news article was something like 'Do you like your snake whored?'

It's unlikely to be false, considering Kojima has never over worked a franchise as much he has with Metal Gear.

I'm going to contact Mr Ravi Singh to email me a link to the article since I can't seem to find it online.
Ghost
Favorite Game: Difficult, I have so many
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (MSX2)
Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake (MSX2 original :D)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid (Gameboy Color, that's Ghost Babel;) )
Metal Gear Acid

Boktai (European)
Boktai (Japanese)
Boktai 2 (European)
Boktai 2 (USA)
Boktai 2 (Japanese)
Boktai 3
Lunar Knights

Hopefully soon Snatcher Mega CD

Re: Re:

Post by Ghost »

krelian wrote:western games suck. period
They always have. The only exception might be Ron Gilbert and the LucasArts classics, but after that it's nothing but JUNK, nothing but silly, soulless FPSs, RTSs or garbage like GrandTheftAuto
Well I liked some of the writing in Fallout 1 and 2, Planescape Torment, and Deus Ex as well, but of course that is not Shakespeare level.
But for the rest, yeah Western games often have poor story telling but quite often Japanese games are full of clichés.

I have said my thoughts about the course mr Kojima is taking, if he produces another Boktai I will pick it up but I no longer care for his other work.
DOTL
Favorite Game: MGS
Kojima games owned: MGS PSX
MGS VR
MGS Twin Snakes GC ~ sold
MGS 2 PS2
MGS 2 Substance PS2
MGS 2 Substance PC
MGS 3 PS2
MGS 3 Subsistance PS2
MGS 4 PS 3
MG-GB GameBoyColor

Post by DOTL »

Fallout 1 has an amazing Intro, one that may have inspired even Kojima.
Anyway, I´ve sold my PSP cause I needed money and I´ve thought there will be no other MG(S) games.
Now they bring out a new PSP and a new Metal Gear!!
Im not sure what to think about this. Also, not a single word on MGS Rising from Kojima or the Guy that read all the text from the monitors (which I think is so creepy, where are the people that can speak without teletext??)
Tomorrow is Konami´s conference, so we will get MGS:PW, MGSR, the Mask - Game, and Silent Hill.
Im excited about one :-(
Except they will bring MGSR to the PC!!!

EDIT: I want the weather simulator :-(
Jack
Runner

Re:

Post by Jack »

JonnyTanna wrote:Unfortunately, the contract for 20 additional Metal Gear titles is true.
Thanks, I would really have a read to the article. When exactly the counting starts? I mean, 20 more after MGS4 or 20 more since MGS (1998)?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Jack wrote:Thanks, I would really have a read to the article. When exactly the counting starts? I mean, 20 more after MGS4 or 20 more since MGS (1998)?
Would that even matter?
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
cacetete

Re:

Post by cacetete »

JonnyTanna wrote:I hope that the Western style game will have descent acting/scripting. Western games suck when it comes to the story/acting/face rendering.

I think Kojima is knocking out all these titles to escape his 20 Metal Gear contract. I mean, look at some of the stuff they've release.. Metal Gear Digital Novel? You know this man wants MORE MONEY. and soon!
corrected.

but kojima is very coherent. he made only 3 ou 5 games: snatcher, metal gear, policenauts and i don't even remember the other small ones he published.
he lived his life milking this games for money, spending long years just making convertions and ports, porting snatcher and policenauts to all systems. at least now he is making sequels, not just ports. even the mgs he milked a lot with the re-releases with champion edition features, like integral, substance and subsistence.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

UGH
Jack
Runner

Post by Jack »

Artemio wrote:
Jack wrote:Thanks, I would really have a read to the article. When exactly the counting starts? I mean, 20 more after MGS4 or 20 more since MGS (1998)?
Would that even matter?
I guess it wouldn't; but at this point I'd like to have Kojima say with a straight face that he's committed to the franchise for all too obvious economic reasons (because it's evidente he likes development on-the-edge, and no one in Konami evidently trust him enough to fund new IPs), instead of recurring to such lame tactics like saying he has signed things...
cacetete

Post by cacetete »

this peace one looks good if you want more of the same.
too bad it's just for the psp.
big boss is so much better then that raiden fag.