A Few Remaining Questions (Massive Spoilers)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

A Few Remaining Questions (Massive Spoilers)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Spoiler:
1. When and where exactly was Kenzo Hojo and Jun Ishida killed, since they were kept in their biomort state to preserve them for a while, but this is never revealed, or did I miss something? Plus, was the reason why Ishida and Hojo never put a fight because of some reason unheard of, or something too?
2. Why would Tokugawa go back to Prop after Redwood and Gates were trying to protect him? Just seems stupid of him to go back, plus he didn't seem like the type that cared about anyone, but hey, that's just me. To be honest, it makes much more sense when he doesn't turn up in the PC98 version and is later found.
3. Why did Redwood become so obsessed with Jonathan?
4. What the hell would they have done with all of those bodies on the Moon. lol. There's so many of them. Like, are they going to bury them all in a crater or something?
5. Why can't you jump back to the main title screen after completion? It just stays on that "Produced/Developed by Konami" screen forever after completion of the game. That sucks, I thought you would be able to go back through a second time around, like in MGS1 and get a couple of new secrets. Oh well.
Jonesy47
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (MSX & PS2)
Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake (MSX & PS2)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX & Twin Snakes for Gamecube)
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid 4
Snatcher (Sega CD & PC-Engine CD)
Policenauts (Sega Saturn & PSX)
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders 2
PSN: tyler's prophecy
Xbox Live: evansucks5000

Re: A Few Remaining Questions (Massive Spoilers)

Post by Jonesy47 »

#3 is one I'm interested in knowing as well. I don't really NEED an answer persay, its just that i feel like I missed something, some clue that points out that character's motives concerning Johnathan.
akakak4747
Favorite Game: Snatcher and soon to be translated Policenauts

Post by akakak4747 »

It's surprising how so many people here use the "spoiler" button.
Spoiler:
1.They got them off guard, like those pro-assasins? Also when they make the deaths of hojo and ishida appear. You know that they were just planted there but already dead. Like hojo, bullet shots to only parts where no internal organs were. Same with jonathan in the end.

3. Jonathan was the only one who made Redwood have that live adrenaline rush of, "Oh I'm the bad guy watch me do all these crazy things and impress you." He's the only one who could be up to his level, u know when u are against someone. It's like playing street fighter 4 vs a cat and always winning.

4. They have tons of space it's not an issue for a long time I bet. I like the PC-88 version where the bodies are just floating and have tubes just sticking out of them way more creepy. Except I guess it makes more sense to have that liquid to presever it's freshness in the other versions.

5. That's the way the game was made.

Oh and I do not remember where it says jonathan is karens actual biological father in the letter at the end.....Well it talks about the doctor explaining everything. Then it says, from your daughter Karen. I think it just means she just sees her as her father figure now. I thought the main message behind that end part was the watch....Karen fixed Jonathan's watch that was meant to remember lorraine.

neo_noir
Favorite Game: Hotel Dusk
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1-4
PSN: scaface129m

Post by neo_noir »

To akakak4747
Spoiler:
I agree with you on the theory that Karen sees Jonathan as a father figure rather than Jonathan being her biological father. On the trading card it says that Karen is 26, while Jonathan got lost in space 28 years ago. Sure she could be like 26 and like whatever months, but then I remember that Jonathan and Lorraine were separated for like a year or so when he went to space(I don't really remember, something of the sorts). Well I did the math and it just didn't really added up, maybe I got to deep into things, but whatever.
Snatcher42
Favorite Game: Snatcher!
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (Sega CD & PC Engine), Policenauts (PSX & Saturn), MGS 1 & 2 (PC)

Post by Snatcher42 »

Re: Karen...
Spoiler:
Isn't there some version of the game (PC or Saturn), where Lorraine actually tells Jonathan that Karen's his daughter?
The Chosen
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Post by The Chosen »

Spoiler:
I thought it was implied Karen was Jonathan Ingram's biological daughter by the fact he has the same blood type and could be used to save her. When the doctor was explaining about the blood transfusion she needs he says something like "the most likely person to have the same blood type as Karen would be her parents and that her blood type is very rare" something like that and they couldn't use Lorraine as her body was detained on Beyond.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

There's also the question of
Spoiler:
did Redwood really die? In an original ending he shows up at the airport to taunt Jonathan before he leaves, but even without that you don't explicitly see his body in the lobby.
akakak4747
Favorite Game: Snatcher and soon to be translated Policenauts

Post by akakak4747 »

Spoiler:
No I don't think Karen's biological father is Jonathan whoever said that. She just sees him as daddy now. I thought the main thing behind that scene was the WATCH. Remember when Jonathan woke up in Karens home after Karen and ED made a fake accident and freed Jonathan while he was handcuffed and being sent to jail or something? Later when you and talk to Karen. Jonathan decides it's time to let go of the past and leave the broken watch alone and not fix it. On the airplane in the end, you see the watch. I guess she wants him to have it as a reminder they are family.

And jonathan didn't have same blood type or whatever it was.....for some reason it was gates becker who had that special thingy.

Well the ps version just shows him falling down so u can assume it goes either way but it's not really important.
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Spoiler:
And we don't know if Tokugawa actually gets locked up. He has too much influence in the Beyond society to have such a downfall. Plus he probably has enough money to pay off anybody he wanted to...things may return to the way they were before.
Marc wrote:There's also the question of
Spoiler:
did Redwood really die? In an original ending he shows up at the airport to taunt Jonathan before he leaves, but even without that you don't explicitly see his body in the lobby.
Hahahaha! What? Really? Wow. Is that in the PC98 version, or is it an ending that got scrapped that you speak of? How does Jonathan react to that?
Spoiler:
I kept thinking that we don't see Redwood's body when Ed and Jonathan exit the building. Plus there's a thing with Kojima having his villains "die" off screen only to come back later. Redwood falling from that height reminded me of Liquid falling off Rex; should have died from that height, right? Then again, maybe not...Redwood seemed to be pretty loaded up on the K series of drugs by the time we meet him.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Post by Charlie Johnson »

Henry Spencer wrote: Hahahaha! What? Really? Wow. Is that in the PC98 version, or is it an ending that got scrapped that you speak of? How does Jonathan react to that?
Spoiler:

:(
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

akakak4747 wrote:
Spoiler:
No I don't think Karen's biological father is Jonathan whoever said that. She just sees him as daddy now. I thought the main thing behind that scene was the WATCH. Remember when Jonathan woke up in Karens home after Karen and ED made a fake accident and freed Jonathan while he was handcuffed and being sent to jail or something? Later when you and talk to Karen. Jonathan decides it's time to let go of the past and leave the broken watch alone and not fix it. On the airplane in the end, you see the watch. I guess she wants him to have it as a reminder they are family.

And jonathan didn't have same blood type or whatever it was.....for some reason it was gates becker who had that special thingy.
Spoiler:
Well, for Hojo to have been Karen's father, that would involve Hojo, Lorraine, and Jonathan all having the same HLA type. If you want "the answer", Jonathan IS Karen's biological father, though the game is ambiguous enough to let you make up your own mind, I suppose.
Snatcher42
Favorite Game: Snatcher!
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (Sega CD & PC Engine), Policenauts (PSX & Saturn), MGS 1 & 2 (PC)

Post by Snatcher42 »

Marc,
Spoiler:
Isn't there some version of the game, or way to translate Lorraine's dying words as "Karen is your...", which kinda spoils it?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Snatcher42 wrote:Marc,
Spoiler:
Isn't there some version of the game, or way to translate Lorraine's dying words as "Karen is your...", which kinda spoils it?
Yeah, the PC version.
The Chosen
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Post by The Chosen »

Good job he didn't nail her on the couch then! :mrgreen:
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Also,
Spoiler:
was Kenzo Hojo roped into the deal with Ishida, or was that something that Ishida did himself, since Gates seems to just mention the reason why Kenzo was killed was because he didn't want a part in the organ trafficking.
Charlie Johnson wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote: Hahahaha! What? Really? Wow. Is that in the PC98 version, or is it an ending that got scrapped that you speak of? How does Jonathan react to that?
Spoiler:

:(
Right. So what is Marc referring to exactly when he says "original ending"? Is it something Kojima mentioned in an interview as being cut from the final product, or what?
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Kinda sounds like the ending to Die-Hard, but they already took a part of that with the ending that already exists...and I think the game would over-dose on awesome were Jonathan to remark:
Spoiler:
Yippie-Kai-Yay, Motherfucker!
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Henry Spencer wrote:So what is Marc referring to exactly when he says "original ending"? Is it something Kojima mentioned in an interview as being cut from the final product, or what?
It was written into the script but taken out at some point. We'll put the script excerpts of all the deleted scenes on the site at some point in the future.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Post by Charlie Johnson »

Marc wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:So what is Marc referring to exactly when he says "original ending"? Is it something Kojima mentioned in an interview as being cut from the final product, or what?
It was written into the script but taken out at some point. We'll put the script excerpts of all the deleted scenes on the site at some point in the future.
So wait, does that mean that all the deleted bits from the script are still contained somewhere in the original game or was the uncut Policenauts script released in some form? (Now that I think about it, I do remember you saying that some dialogue from the PC98 version was still on the PSX Policenauts disc even though it wasn't used anymore.)
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Charlie Johnson wrote:
Marc wrote:
So wait, does that mean that all the deleted bits from the script are still contained somewhere in the original game or was the uncut Policenauts script released in some form? (Now that I think about it, I do remember you saying that some dialogue from the PC98 version was still on the PSX Policenauts disc even though it wasn't used anymore.)
They put the deleted scenes in script form on Private Collection.