Snatcher iPhone theme

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Mr. Seed
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Most

Snatcher iPhone theme

Post by Mr. Seed »

So I've pretty much completed my Snatcher theme for my iPhone.

All elements have been retouched, rescaled and composed especially for this theme. There are a variety of Snatcher related icons and sounds (metal sfx, blaster sfx, interface sounds) within the theme - both in the springboard and within applications (mail, camera, messages etc). There are also intermediate screens when launching apps, mail, messages, settings etc (see the Harry image).

My phone has been JB to allow this to be created, including the 5 icon dock, where (just like the game) the characters are placed. The charge screen, lock screen, volume interface and even smaller icons (such as the neo kobe 'wifi on' symbol) have been custom made.

The lock screen for example requires you to slide the SD Metal over to the SD Gillian to open the phone, along with the "buurrr-wiiiing' sound from the video phone call opening.

The springboard backdrop is currently static, but was at one point animated (the video seemed to freeze after a few loops)

There are also a number of ringtones, from Pressure of Tension and Plato's caven, through to Gibson's distress call and the videophone ringtone along with Metal informing you of an emergency call for J-HQ + many more.

In all, I'm pretty pleased - it looks pin sharp on the phone and the sounds are crystal clear... At some point, I'll upload a video if anyone is interested.

Here are a few screens:
Attachments
lock screen
lock screen
settings intermisson
settings intermisson
charging...
charging...
volume
volume
"Hey, I only do liquid sky...dude!"
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Snatcher iPhone theme

Post by Artemio »

You did a great job man! It shows that you placed great dedication to detail here, the icons, the sounds and the ring. Congratulations! I'll post this on the Junker HQ news RSS feed for other fans of both to enjoy.

Now if you could do a higher res one for the Nokia E90 I would love that =P (Since you probably won't, maybe posting your edited graphics for making themes would be great for other phone users)
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
p13t3rm
Favorite Game: Snatcher, Lunar 2
Xbox Live: ThrashMoney

Post by p13t3rm »

Eeeh, I appreciate the effort.
But that is way too confusing to use as a default skin.
Letiumtide

Post by Letiumtide »

Definitely a good effort. It is a little confusing to look at though, I'd recommend muting the neo-kobe background slightly.
Snatcher2047
Runner
Favorite Game: SNATCHER
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Snatcher : Pilot Disk
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Wii Friend Code: 0087516012043877
Xbox Live: Snatcher2047

Post by Snatcher2047 »

Nice! Almost makes me want to get an iPhone.
The Kremlin : A Snatcher Fan Site, est. 2000
JustinAaron.com