Sega CD Wii Emulator + Snatcher Could Be Amazing.

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
p13t3rm
Favorite Game: Snatcher, Lunar 2
Xbox Live: ThrashMoney

Post by p13t3rm »

Hey guys, A few days ago I was thinking I about how amazing it would be to play Snatcher on a Wii Homebrew Emulator such as Genesis Plus.
On the Genesis Plus Wiibrew Page, It has listed under the control layouts that Menacer/Justifier Light gun emulation is supported through the use of the Wiimote.
Think of the amazing possibilities that this control scheme could bring to Snatcher!
Unfortunately Genesis Plus, Nor any other Genesis/Megadrive Emulators support Sega CD emulation as of yet.
This really needs to happen already.
JonnyTanna
Favorite Game: Killer7
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Series (Even down to Metal Gear Mobile)
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Post by JonnyTanna »

That sure would be, speaking of which, whatever happened to the Sega CD Virtual Console on Wii? They announced it before they announced the TG16 CD VC.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Re: Sega CD Wii Emulator + Snatcher Could Be Amazing.

Post by best name ever »

JonnyTanna wrote:That sure would be, speaking of which, whatever happened to the Sega CD Virtual Console on Wii? They announced it before they announced the TG16 CD VC.
What?! they announce the sega CD for VC. When did they say that?
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
MunirBinJulaihi
Favorite Game: MGS, SH, Snatcher, Contra, etc., etc.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
METAL GEAR SOLID
Metal Gear Solid 2: SUBSTANCE
Metal Gear Solid 3: SUBSISTENCE
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Snatcher
Policenauts

Post by MunirBinJulaihi »

I haven't heard anything about SEGA CD Virtual Console for Wii. But since you said that, now I feel like I wanna play it on my Wii! And use my Wiimote as a Justifier!

That's gonna be TOTALLY AWESOME! 8D
Snaaake

Post by Snaaake »

I've heard that Nintendo doesn't want to go to the trouble to get Sega CD games working on the virtual console because they would take up too much space on the Wii hard drive or something. I'm hoping against hope for an emulator that will let me play Snatcher on the Wii using the Wii remote as a lightgun. That would be sick.
XenoMorph
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, MGS 1, 2, 3 and Metal Gear 1.

Post by XenoMorph »

You'd think in the age of SDHC cards they wouldn't give a shit about space. Still, I'm always optimistic about things, and hope they realise the profit potential of selling something like Snatcher in the Wii store.
The proximity of a desirable thing tempts one to overindulgence. On that path lies danger. - Frank Herbert
Snaaake

Post by Snaaake »

XenoMorph wrote:You'd think in the age of SDHC cards they wouldn't give a shit about space.
I wish I could agree. The fact is, based on what I've seen, the main market of the Wii is parents who bought the Wii for their little kids or people like my mom who bought it for my dad hoping Wii Fit would help him lower his cholesterol. Neither of which knows anything about downloading games to SD cards or anything like that. What I mean to say is, it doesn't make much sense for Nintendo to release a game whose size is approximately the same as the memory available on a virgin wii, when most of their customers will have no way to save that game. Not to mention no interest in such a game, frankly.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

I don't know this for a fact but I wouldn't imagine Sega CD games being larger then N64 games ore Turbo Duo games and if it is couldn’t they use some fancy twenty first century compression tricks
JonnyTanna
Favorite Game: Killer7
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Series (Even down to Metal Gear Mobile)
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Sega CD - Virtual Console

Post by JonnyTanna »

It was mentioned on the-magicbox.com a while back, but I cannot find the link. It was only rumoured, but I just thought to mention it as the source was pretty reliable. But I guess speculation is only just speculation.
Supergrom
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
MGS 1
MGS 2
Xbox Live: Helga03

Post by Supergrom »

best name ever wrote:I don't know this for a fact but I wouldn't imagine Sega CD games being larger then N64 games ore Turbo Duo games and if it is couldn’t they use some fancy twenty first century compression tricks
any CD game is going to be significantly larger than a cartridge game. Even if nintendo/sega were to use "compression tricks," (which make more difficult or even breaks emulation on many games, namely snatcher in the case of PC emulators)the average sega cd game would be several times larger than the average n64 game.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Supergrom wrote:
best name ever wrote:I don't know this for a fact but I wouldn't imagine Sega CD games being larger then N64 games ore Turbo Duo games and if it is couldn’t they use some fancy twenty first century compression tricks
any CD game is going to be significantly larger than a cartridge game. Even if nintendo/sega were to use "compression tricks," (which make more difficult or even breaks emulation on many games, namely snatcher in the case of PC emulators)the average sega cd game would be several times larger than the average n64 game.
I know that CD based games are usually bigger then cartridge based games but they still have Turbo Duo games on VC? and also Nintendo hires a professional company to make their emulator’s for them so they could easily tell them to make it compatible with compressed iso’s and also I heard that some neogeo game are up to 500mg's big because they all have uncompress audio but when they put it on VC they compress all of it and since they have fancy twenty first century compression tricks there not losing any audio quality
Supergrom
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
MGS 1
MGS 2
Xbox Live: Helga03

Post by Supergrom »

Oh, I didn't remember that turbo duo was the equivalent of PC-Engine CD, nor did I know that there were any CD games available for the virtual console. I do realized that Nintendo would professionally make an emulator, I was just pointing out that it would raise their overhead cost and/or lower the quality of the final product to accomodate compression. Even Lossless audio compression doesn't do much more than a 50% decrease in size. I guess it is possible then, and with semi-obscure (in the typical wii gamer's eyes anyway) games like Gates of Thunder on VC eating up all of people's internal memory and/or SD cards, I don't see why they wouldn't let Snatcher or some of the other classic Sega CD games do the same.
XenoMorph
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, MGS 1, 2, 3 and Metal Gear 1.

Post by XenoMorph »

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they just re-released some of these games on DVD, they could even bundle Snatcher and some old school Sega CD games on the same disc... Such as Popful Mail. Call it the SCD Wii collection, you could make some serious money with that kind of a compilation.
The proximity of a desirable thing tempts one to overindulgence. On that path lies danger. - Frank Herbert
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

XenoMorph wrote:Personally, I wouldn't mind if they just re-released some of these games on DVD, they could even bundle Snatcher and some old school Sega CD games on the same disc... Such as Popful Mail. Call it the SCD Wii collection, you could make some serious money with that kind of a compilation.
Yeah I know I mean they make a Sega genesis collection like every other year why not make a Sega CD collection that would awesome! :mrgreen:
akiba1953
Favorite Game: Monster hunter
Kojima games owned: all MGS, snatcher, policenauts
Xbox Live: junker1953

Post by akiba1953 »

I played Snatcher on the PSP and it was really cool. even better with skullcandy headphones
Same thing with the msx metal gears on msx. you have to reset all the keys to feel like a real psp game but suuupppeeeer fun
When you are getting your butt kicked on a game or getting frustrated take a 15min break. And most of all Remember it's just a game.
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

I know that someone designed a Wii MOD for Crysis allowing you to use a Wii remote (and I think it was done for Half-Life 2 as well).
It's kinda off subject, but if this Wii MOD works well enough I'll add it somehow to the Snatcher MOD I'm working on for all the Wii players :mrgreen:
I bet there's a way to get the Wii remote to work with the GENS emulator with some good programming though??? Since the above mentioned is possible.

EDIT : AWWWW BOOOOO! since this was my 300th post I lost my J.U.N.K.E.R title on my profile....NOOOOOO!!!!!
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Sorry for resurrecting an old topic but ekeek, the creator of Genesis Plus, announced back in April that he has begone work on Sega CD support
http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/iss ... id=168#c10

My Sega CD's internal battery is dead, preventing me from saving my games, so this should be a great alternative. :mrgreen:
Ianhayes
Favorite Game: red dead redemption

Post by Ianhayes »

best name ever wrote:Sorry for resurrecting an old topic but ekeek, the creator of Genesis Plus, announced back in April that he has begone work on Sega CD support
http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/iss ... id=168#c10

My Sega CD's internal battery is dead, preventing me from saving my games, so this should be a great alternative. :mrgreen:

Dark Wizard is my favorite Sega CD game. I also really enjoyed the Dragon's Lair-esque games such as Road Avenger and Revenge of the Ninja.

Also, Rise of the Dragon. I played that till the disc literally melted.
Last edited by Ianhayes on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Just recently ekeek has been cranking out up dates for Sega CD support almost daily!
looks like we might actually be able to play Snatcher on the Wii sometime soon :D
http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/iss ... ?id=29#c36
SnatcherMkII
Runner
Favorite Game: F-Zero GX
Kojima games owned: MGS - MGSV:TPP (plus VR Missions (PSN), Ghost Babel, Portable Ops, and Metal Gear Rising)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Post by SnatcherMkII »

Now if only my Wii was working again...
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Sega CD support for Genesis Plus GX is coming down the pipe really fast and has just reached 100% compatibility with Sega CD games and is now working on ironing out two games that have some graphical glitches.

I posted a big thread on racket boy about this, which you can read here...
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopi ... 27&t=38331
Or can follow the main issue thread about this on Genesis Plus GX's google code page...
http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/issues/detail?id=29

This is going to the most authentic emulation experience for the Sega CD ever!
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

The initial release is out!!!
http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/dow ... z&can=2&q=

(ekeeke)
Anyway, version 1.7.0 is up to download. I hope to add audio track support soon so this can be more enjoyable in some way.
Three years after this thread started you can now finally play Snatcher with the Justifier mapped to the Wii mote. Also with 240p component video!
p13t3rm
Favorite Game: Snatcher, Lunar 2
Xbox Live: ThrashMoney

Post by p13t3rm »

best name ever wrote:The initial release is out!!!
http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/dow ... z&can=2&q=

(ekeeke)
Anyway, version 1.7.0 is up to download. I hope to add audio track support soon so this can be more enjoyable in some way.
Three years after this thread started you can now finally play Snatcher with the Justifier mapped to the Wii mote. Also with 240p component video!
So awesome man, Now if only I still had my Wii. :/