[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Junker HQ • View topic - Climategate: greatest scandal/conspiracy in modern science?

Climategate: greatest scandal/conspiracy in modern science?

Discussion for anything non-gaming.

Climategate: greatest scandal/conspiracy in modern science?

Postby Marc » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:42 am

Marc
General

Re: Climategate: greatest scandal/conspiracy in modern science?

Postby Omega579 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:55 am

I hope they take back Al Gore's Nobel Prize. I hope this gathers more steam and not brushed aside by the mainstream press. I'm so sick of going green.
View my wallpaper
Omega579
Runner

Postby Anubis » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:50 am

Anubis
Runner

Postby XenoMorph » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:38 am

I don't know what it is, but in just the last 10 years the weather in Finland has been going more and more apeshit. FFS, we live near the north pole and we still haven't had snow in Lahti this winter. Call it global warming or whatever the fuck you want, but something is going on.
The proximity of a desirable thing tempts one to overindulgence. On that path lies danger. - Frank Herbert
XenoMorph

Postby Commander_AK-47 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Global Warming is bull shit. That's All I'm going to say.
Commander_AK-47
Captain

Postby el_ash » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Well I herd they just lied about some facts to hype it up more, so they could bring more attention to the subject...?

I don't really care or concern myself with it, but by no means is "Global Warming" a scam, or fake!
I mean come on....temperature changes cause changes to our planet that effect life...that's simple science and fact.

I'm not saying you should "Go Green" though...
Because I personally think it's just some stupid money making trend (that means well though).
But I think that it won't make that much of a difference overall in stopping the climate from eventually changing (it's just a matter of time...and hey, that's life).
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
el_ash
Major

Postby Commander_AK-47 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Sure there is climate change. It alternates based on the suns intensity cycle, 50 or so years of hot and 50 or so years of cold. So you want scientific fact? Here is some, global warming, or rather, the belief that we're causing it, is total bull shit and a complete liberal hoax.

Watch a documentary called "The Great Global Warming Swindle". It actually has credited scientists in it, giving scientific facts to show that global warming is a hoax. Unlike Al Gore's movie, which had absolutely none of that.

They should take Gore's Nobel prize back and slap him in the face. I hate when global warming advocates use the word "fact" because their side has none of it at all, it really aggravates me.

So I'm going to tell you what I tell every greenhead, even though you may not be a complete advocate of global warming, please don't talk to me about science and fact until you've seen both sides and see which side has science and fact which has none at all.
Commander_AK-47
Captain

Postby Omega579 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:42 am

View my wallpaper
Omega579
Runner

Postby el_ash » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:08 pm

"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
el_ash
Major

Postby Commander_AK-47 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Commander_AK-47
Captain

Postby el_ash » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:55 pm

"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
el_ash
Major

Postby Commander_AK-47 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:04 pm

It's not that they want to change. They want to change our habits, what we drive, what we buy, what we use. Scam us into buying green stuff, and changing out lifestyles.
Commander_AK-47
Captain

Postby Anubis » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Anubis
Runner

Postby Anubis » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:22 pm

I personally don't believe going green will do anything for the planet either though. It's a fad, simple as that. It doesn't matter though, the damage has been done. We never really had a chance to stop it either, it was just a necessary side effect of industrialization.

But

The planet is changing, it is more than likely (I'm not saying certainly, take note of that before jumping all over me) related to humans actions on the planets. The biosphere is changing, you'd have to be either a complete idiot or willfully ignorant to not see it.
Anubis
Runner

Postby best name ever » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:45 pm

What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Postby Anubis » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Anubis
Runner

Postby Commander_AK-47 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:19 pm

It's not that. It's the principle. It's all based on a lie, therefore we shouldn't tolerate it.
Commander_AK-47
Captain

Postby Anubis » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Anubis
Runner

Postby Omega579 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Last edited by Omega579 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
View my wallpaper
Omega579
Runner

Postby Anubis » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:44 pm

I see you've used the word inefficient. I assume you know what it means then.

Exactly why would this be considered a bad thing, for auto makers or for consumers?
Anubis
Runner

Postby Omega579 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:27 pm

View my wallpaper
Omega579
Runner

Postby Anubis » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:45 am

Anubis
Runner

Postby Omega579 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:42 am

View my wallpaper
Omega579
Runner

Postby Anubis » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:25 pm

Anubis
Runner

Postby Omega579 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:47 pm

View my wallpaper
Omega579
Runner

Next

Return to Off Topic