Climategate: greatest scandal/conspiracy in modern science?

Discussion for anything non-gaming.
Marc
General

Re: Climategate: greatest scandal/conspiracy in modern science?

Post by Marc »

I don't think anyone will argue that pollution is a good thing, but I think we have to begin by asking if the danger, if true, warrants the solutions being proposed. They smell like an excuse for increased taxation and control, not to mention their effect on the developing world (and an already crippled global economy).

Intuitively, I don't believe the people really pushing this agenda -- the likes of Al Gore -- care about the environment. I believe the earth's climate is cyclical, and any warming we are seeing right now is due to that.

And what would the implementation of Copenhagen achieve, after all the money spent? Apparently a reduction of one-fiftieth of one Celsius degree.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
PSN: Commander_AK-47

Post by Commander_AK-47 »

Marc wrote:I don't think anyone will argue that pollution is a good thing, but I think we have to begin by asking if the danger, if true, warrants the solutions being proposed. They smell like an excuse for increased taxation and control, not to mention their effect on the developing world (and an already crippled global economy).

Intuitively, I don't believe the people really pushing this agenda -- the likes of Al Gore -- care about the environment. I believe the earth's climate is cyclical, and any warming we are seeing right now is due to that.

And what would the implementation of Copenhagen achieve, after all the money spent? Apparently a reduction of one-fiftieth of one Celsius degree.
THANK YOU!
Anubis wrote: Please, point this lie out to me, or at least back up your claim that it is a lie with some kind of research.
I did already but I'll restate myself again just for you. The Great Global Warming Swindle.
midori_fox
Runner
Favorite Game: Damn these kind of questions....
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear, 2
Metal Gear Solid, 2, 3, 4
MGPO
Metal Gear Ac!d, 2
Z.O.E, 2
Snatcher (rom)
Policenauts

Post by midori_fox »

Im not to worried about global warming cause its gonna happen naturally with or without us.
But as far as making green cars, having less emissions and less gasses in the air Im all for it. I would like some fresher air; in the last 5 years were I live the air has gone to shit. And the oceans
have gone to shit but that has little to do with the air or climate. I want to have fish around to eat damnit.
NANTO KAWAI!