WTB - "MGS2 - The Trailer"

a.k.a. Plato's Cavern, the place to sell and trade Kojima game-related items.
No ISO/ROM/CDR buying, trading or giveaways.
Please read the Rules
Jack
Runner
Location: Outside the memory of Shadow Moses, done running...

WTB - "MGS2 - The Trailer"

Post by Jack »

Hi, everyone, this is my first post! ^_^

I'd like to find / buy a "Metal Gear Solid 2 - The Trailer"

Have you ever seen it on ebay and do you know how much does it usually go for?

Also, I'd like to ask... I have the Document of MGS2, but not the MGS2 Premium dvd that came with the Japanese premium package... Am I missing something good? are there more trailers / special footage?

I am not an action figure fan, so is the Premium Package worth to get that dvd alone?

Thanks guys. ^_^ I look forward to be an active member of this forum.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Well, ebay is your only choice right now.. just look for original ones, if you care.

About the PP, yes the dvd(s is you get the one that was given as preorder gift) do contain some extra footage such as commercials, all the trailers of MGS and MGS2, in-house development videos and some interviews.

Welcome and hope you like it here.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Jack
Runner

Post by Jack »

Snatcher wrote:Well, ebay is your only choice right now.. just look for original ones, if you care.
Of course. Wouldn't buy it otherwise. (what's the point of a copy for a collector? :razz:)

But I am aware there are two versions, a region 2 and a region 3. Shadowmoses has scans from the region 3 one. Do you know if they differ in something else other than the region code?
Snatcher wrote:Welcome and hope you like it here.
Thanks! Are you HQ's webmaster A. Urbina? I might register on the forum just now, but I used to surf your page in years! ^_^
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Jack wrote:But I am aware there are two versions, a region 2 and a region 3. Shadowmoses has scans from the region 3 one. Do you know if they differ in something else other than the region code?
I'll check the one at home and let you know what region it is, and if I see any differences. I've been way to slow with MG items.
Jack wrote: Thanks! Are you HQ's webmaster A. Urbina? I might register on the forum just now, but I used to surf your page in years! ^_^
Yes it is me, at your service. Thanks man, hope you've found it useful!
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

Can't say I was aware there was a region 2 version... do you have any pictures?
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
Jack
Runner

Post by Jack »

Yes, I should have them. Can't upload them here however. Should I send them via email?
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

Absolutely. Send them to me, my address is jcarey [at] shadowmoses [dot] net
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
Jack
Runner

Post by Jack »

There, sent, enjoy ^_^

Huh, Are "The Trailer" scans on Junker HQ too? I thought they were but can't find em anymore.

btw, one of the reasons I'm interested in this collectible piece is Mamoru Oshii's comment on SOL... cool! And Shinya Tsukamoto too, of course.

So, do you guys have any idea if "The Trailer" shows up regularly on ebay and how much does it cost nowadays?

Of course, if you happen to find one for sale, please let me know. I'd appreciate very much!
Ozzye

Post by Ozzye »

I've seen one on ebay a few minutes ago, try searching, can't remember the price though.
Good luck!
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Jack wrote:There, sent, enjoy ^_^

Huh, Are "The Trailer" scans on Junker HQ too? I thought they were but can't find em anymore.
Unfortunately they never have been.. I've not scanned it (yet). I am a bit slow when it comes to MG items.. there are so many of them, that sometimes I forget to scan them when they arrive and never do. Right now my machine at home iHDD is damaged... (I am using an Ubuntu Linux live CD to post this), but I'll scan them when I get the time.
Jack wrote: btw, one of the reasons I'm interested in this collectible piece is Mamoru Oshii's comment on SOL... cool! And Shinya Tsukamoto too, of course.
Well, I have it right here in front of me, and the booklet reads:
Sinya Tsukamoto wrote:This game will turn out to be a wonderful form os entertainment in which the genius Hideo Kojima and the player work closely together as the director.
And...
Mamoru Oshii wrote:Awesome!!
I have one more thing to say as a gun fan.
The gun fights are totally amazing.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Jack
Runner

Post by Jack »

Ozzye wrote:I've seen one on ebay a few minutes ago, try searching, can't remember the price though.
Good luck!
:cry: :cry:

argh, I refined search with "dvd" and or "trailer" "promo" but I couldn't find it

:cry:

Please if any of you stumble on this auction, post the url here, you'd make my day!

P.S. Thanks for the quotes Snatcher! I saw them, but still want to get this rare collectible.

P.P.S. What exactly is this do any of you have an idea?

ebay item 8210290961
Ozzye

Post by Ozzye »

P.P.S. What exactly is this do any of you have an idea?

ebay item 8210290961
If I'm not mistaken, it's a rip of all the movie scenes from TTS, it's quite common at ebay some guys rip MG games' movies and sell it, no reason at all to buy it.[/quote]