SNATCHER - 3D Remake ***UPDATED 8-18-13*** *NEW Pics!*

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake ***UPDATED 7-31-13*** *NEW Image*

Post by el_ash »

AwesomeBrand wrote:Snazzy~
needs people in the tubes tho.
TY :mrgreen:

One thing at a time...those pods won't be empty for long...

I'm just doing some "lighting" tests, since all major work is on hold until the new SDK update is out.
*The lighting/TOD system was heavily updated a few SDK patches ago, and so I've had to go back and redo some lighting/material work.*

Attachments
WIPLightingTestsCompare-`.jpg
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
el_ash
Major

Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake ***UPDATED 8-7-13*** *NEW Vid*

Post by el_ash »

This be the last Update for a few months...sorry! :-#

*Uber Early WIP "TEASE"!*

*Snatcher vid is uber rushed work...lol*

My Snatcher army is slowly taking shape! :mrgreen:
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
nickdaring
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake ***UPDATED 8-7-13*** *NEW Vids*

Post by nickdaring »

More, more, more!

:)
el_ash
Major

Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake ***UPDATED 8-7-13*** *NEW Vids*

Post by el_ash »

nickdaring wrote:More, more, more!

:)
Since I love your "Metal Gear MKII" work you can haz more! :mrgreen:

*Say thank you to Nick guys! lol!*

That is really all I can show you now for a while... :-$

**Remember it's uber WIP, and so you will notice messed up UVW/Polys**
Attachments
DarkSnatcher.png
LightSnatcher.png
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
AwesomeBrand
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2
Kojima games owned: In order of how I originally played them...
Metal Gear Solid
MGS2 Substance
MGS3 Subsistence
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
MGS: Portable Ops
MGS: Peace Walker
MGS HD Collection
ZoE HD Collection
PSN: AwesomeBrand
Xbox Live: AwesomeBr0

Re: SNATCHER - 3D Remake ***UPDATED 8-18-13*** *NEW Pics!*

Post by AwesomeBrand »

I like this one shot of Junker HQ. Not only is it desktop wallpaper material but you can literally see how this remake has come a long way.

(EDIT: These pictures are TOO DAMN BIG! If you want to see them look at my next posts where they're attachments or at that one post that quotes me.)

Reminds me though, we haven't seen alot of Gibson's house lately. It'd be nice to... snoop around a bit.

Oh and btw thanks nick :wink:
Last edited by AwesomeBrand on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Games are a study about people." - Hideo Kojima 2004
"To fans and myself, games are a dream." - Keiji Inafune 2003
"Games are life itself." - Hiroyuki Kobayashi 2003
"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986
nickdaring
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by nickdaring »

Great renders!

I can't wait to see those Snatcher skeletons moving around one day.
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

AwesomeBrand wrote:I like this one shot of Junker HQ. Not only is it desktop wallpaper material but you can literally see how this remake has come a long way.

Reminds me though, we haven't seen alot of Gibson's house lately. It'd be nice to... snoop around a bit.

Oh and btw thanks nick :wink:
Awwww man I can't see your images, so now I'm very curious...could you re-upload them into the post? (add file)

Honestly I haven't done much work to Gibson's house, but its in need of a re-design (as in up the poly count etc.).
I'd gladly film a video tour of it, although very incomplete if you'd like?
nickdaring wrote:Great renders!

I can't wait to see those Snatcher skeletons moving around one day.
Ah no prob Nick! :mrgreen:

Those are not renders...hehehe (I know what you meant though)

For those who don't know : %95 of the work I show (images and video) is all legit from in the game...no bullshit here lol!.

I won't be able to start "rigging" the Snatcher up until the SDK patch is up, but as soon as it is I'll be working on that...no doubt!
I'd say by November is the goal to have them moving, but it really depends on Crytek right now, as the longer they take the longer I wait to start.

I always appreciate the questions guys, so don't hesitate to ask me shit...
I also don't mind doing requests if you want to see something, or have me make up a wallpaper etc. lol! :mrgreen:
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
AwesomeBrand
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2
Kojima games owned: In order of how I originally played them...
Metal Gear Solid
MGS2 Substance
MGS3 Subsistence
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
MGS: Portable Ops
MGS: Peace Walker
MGS HD Collection
ZoE HD Collection
PSN: AwesomeBrand
Xbox Live: AwesomeBr0

Post by AwesomeBrand »

el_ash wrote:Awwww man I can't see your images, so now I'm very curious...could you re-upload them into the post?
You mean like.... THIS?
and I didn't realize till now, but the 2nd picture is further away than the others
Oh well, still showin what its showing
Attachments
1.jpg
2.png
3.jpg
4.jpg
"Games are a study about people." - Hideo Kojima 2004
"To fans and myself, games are a dream." - Keiji Inafune 2003
"Games are life itself." - Hiroyuki Kobayashi 2003
"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

Ah nice!

The projects Art Direction changes are most noticeable in those images...
Switching engine builds so often resulted in loosing most of my materials/lighting each time lol!

Since you bring up an interesting subject you might enjoy this video then?

It's a speed run (lol) through hundreds of screenshots and images taken during the development of the project...
Most of the images were taken from the CryEngine 2 development, so the shit is pretty old with a few new screens/un-seen stuff thrown in for fun :mrgreen:
*I decided to show some of Spoony, and Dustin's work towards the end of the vid, as well as some of my level sketches etc.*

Of course I don't always take screenshots when working, and some images may be out of order/sequence. ENJOY!

"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
TechNoir
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by TechNoir »

So I've recently bumped into those screenshots with quest items (this one: download/file.php?id=1585&mode=view), I think it needs some critique (I know it's WIP, but still). Most importantly, they need some greater detail. For example, some items like the sunscreen, JUNKER ID card and the floppy disk - they look really blank. Secondly, the handwriting in Harry's and Gibson's notes looks more like as if they printed them out. Also, they kinda look like handkerchefs, lol.

By the way, any news? I'm procrastinating with my 3D modelling (gotta stop it), but I'm still pretty nice when it comes to textures.

UPD: I've also bumped into this:
zombie-flesheater wrote:Things to include... maybe more references of today's things. Like mentioning facebook, apple etc. but keeping them out of Snatcher by mentioning it wasn't so successful in the Jordan database. Sorry, it's still Jordan for me. :D
I really liked the original's references, and there was a lot of them. And you either got them or you didn't, but they were never really needed for the gameplay itself or for the main storyline. And you could reference a lot of today's pop culture, games, etc.
I was thinking about a nod to the 'Metal Gear incident' Harry mentioned. And, hell, you can bump the Policenauts as well, since Napoleon and Random were there (I guess Jamie was there too).
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

TechNoir wrote:So I've recently bumped into those screenshots with quest items (this one: download/file.php?id=1585&mode=view), I think it needs some critique (I know it's WIP, but still). Most importantly, they need some greater detail. For example, some items like the sunscreen, JUNKER ID card and the floppy disk - they look really blank. Secondly, the handwriting in Harry's and Gibson's notes looks more like as if they printed them out. Also, they kinda look like handkerchefs, lol.

By the way, any news? I'm procrastinating with my 3D modelling (gotta stop it), but I'm still pretty nice when it comes to textures.

UPD: I've also bumped into this:
zombie-flesheater wrote:Things to include... maybe more references of today's things. Like mentioning facebook, apple etc. but keeping them out of Snatcher by mentioning it wasn't so successful in the Jordan database. Sorry, it's still Jordan for me. :D
I really liked the original's references, and there was a lot of them. And you either got them or you didn't, but they were never really needed for the gameplay itself or for the main storyline. And you could reference a lot of today's pop culture, games, etc.
I was thinking about a nod to the 'Metal Gear incident' Harry mentioned. And, hell, you can bump the Policenauts as well, since Napoleon and Random were there (I guess Jamie was there too).
About the models :

Those were some of the very first 3D models I ever made, so they fucking suck! lol! :-$
The most important thing to note about this project is that it will continue to grow and improve with my skills over time. :mrgreen:

I want to change the notes to real hand written text, but for the sake of exactly replicating the games art I left it that way for now.
I've been looking at those assets and thinking about updating them, but there are more important things to do right now.

Progress :

Get on your modeling slacker!

Crytek recently came out with the *new* CryEngine...
My focus was on Vehicle and Character Rigging, but now I'm "Porting" the work and re-learning tasks.

Thanks to real life I haven't had time to devote to the project, so I'm not sure when I'll have another update (???) :-k
I need to find some talented Programmers, Character Riggers, and Character Modelers.
Otherwise I cover a dozen job positions at once...meaning a little bit of everything gets done, but nothing gets finished. ](*,)

About adding references :

I've thought about that a lot...I have plenty of ideas, but not enough time.
I was even considering having actual internet access in the game through JORDAN etc.
My focus is on getting the original JORDAN stuff done first, and then thinking about adding/changing stuff. :mrgreen:
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
TechNoir
Runner

Post by TechNoir »

I was even considering having actual internet access in the game through JORDAN etc.

And yeah, I gotta get back to my modelling ASAP.
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

TechNoir wrote:
And yeah, I gotta get back to my modelling ASAP.
HOLY FUCK! HILARIOUS "DO WANT" IMAGE!

Yes that feature I mentioned and Oculus Rift support are HIGH UP on my list of things to do! :mrgreen:

A friend has already designed the "in-game web browser" functionality for the CE3, but maybe needs to port it to the new engine (?).
I'm also getting an Oculus Rift "Dev Kit 2 (HD)" as soon as they are made available this year (?), and the CE will support it soon.

Yes get on the modeling! I'm looking for a good "prop" modeler to assist me!
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
TechNoir
Runner

Post by TechNoir »

Oculus Rift
nitekun
Favorite Game: @.@ i cant chose im sorry
Kojima games owned: metal gear solid 1-3, (legaly) snatcher (rom) policenauts (rom)

Post by nitekun »

i came.
MunirBinJulaihi
Favorite Game: MGS, SH, Snatcher, Contra, etc., etc.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
METAL GEAR SOLID
Metal Gear Solid 2: SUBSTANCE
Metal Gear Solid 3: SUBSISTENCE
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Snatcher
Policenauts

Post by MunirBinJulaihi »

Any updates on this project? It's been for 6 years now and I've been following this thread since the very first post of this thread.
powderehss
Favorite Game: Policenauts <3
Kojima games owned: MGS HD Collection, ZOE HD Collection, Metal Gear Rising, MGS Portable Ops, MGS Peace Walker

Post by powderehss »

I'm not sure... :cry:
SnatcherMkII
Runner
Favorite Game: F-Zero GX
Kojima games owned: MGS - MGSV:TPP (plus VR Missions (PSN), Ghost Babel, Portable Ops, and Metal Gear Rising)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Post by SnatcherMkII »

MunirBinJulaihi wrote:Any updates on this project? It's been for 6 years now and I've been following this thread since the very first post of this thread.
I hate to be that guy, bu to be frank, projects like these tend to be too ambitious for just one person, especially turning a VN-game like Snatcher into an open-world adventure game, so of course it would have never saw the light of day.