3D printing Gillian's Blaster

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Nixon
Favorite Game: Snatcher

3D printing Gillian's Blaster

Post by Nixon »

Been teaching myself 3d modelling in Solidworks for the last few months for a bit of fun. The first model I ever designed was Gillian's blaster, though in hindsight, the way i did it was really janky meaning it'd be nigh on impossible to 3D print properly. Image

Ended up buying a 3D printer, so am going to remodel it in a way I can print. Modeling it to be 33cm long, 5cm shorter than in the instructions, but scales nicely with a replica Beretta I have.

Modeled the lower barrel bit where what I assume is the laser sight is housed. Working on the upper barrel this evening. Hopefully should be able to print that in the next few days.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

That's awesome, thanks for sharing it. Hope to see the results soon, it is a lot of work.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Nixon

Re: 3D printing Gillian's Blaster

Post by Nixon »

Had a play around with the upper part of the gun. Couple of tweaks and I'll be happy with it. Designed the upper part to break down into 3 pieces so i can easily print it.

Thepirategamerboy12
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (SEGA CD Version), Metal Gear Solid (Greatest Hits Version)
PSN: Manic1231

Post by Thepirategamerboy12 »

What's with the cord going to the bottom of the blaster on one of the pictures?
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

Thepirategamerboy12 wrote:What's with the cord going to the bottom of the blaster on one of the pictures?
It's the cable for the Xbox light-gun that I was using for the size comparison.
Thepirategamerboy12
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (SEGA CD Version), Metal Gear Solid (Greatest Hits Version)
PSN: Manic1231

Post by Thepirategamerboy12 »

Nixon wrote:
Thepirategamerboy12 wrote:What's with the cord going to the bottom of the blaster on one of the pictures?
It's the cable for the Xbox light-gun that I was using for the size comparison.
OH. I thought that was actually the blaster you're trying to make. I guess I should pay more attention, next time. :lol: I like your work, so far, though.