ZOE: The 2nd Runner – MARS announced for PS4 and Steam

A forum dedicated to one of the greatest action-oriented mecha series out there. Not a Kojima game, but his influence is undeniably there.
SnatcherMkII
Runner
Favorite Game: F-Zero GX
Kojima games owned: MGS - MGSV:TPP (plus VR Missions (PSN), Ghost Babel, Portable Ops, and Metal Gear Rising)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

ZOE: The 2nd Runner – MARS announced for PS4 and Steam

Post by SnatcherMkII »

Gematsu wrote:Konami and Cygames announced Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner – MARS for PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam) during the 2017 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan. It will launch worldwide in spring 2018.

The remastered version of Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner promises enhanced graphics, 4K resolution, new sound design with new-gen surround sound, brand new features, and PlayStation VR support.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Cygames:

"Cygames and Konami Digital Entertainment have announced Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS, a jointly developed, remastered version of the hit title from 2003, Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. The latest title in Konami’s breakneck robot battle series will avail of the latest 4K and VR technology to bring high speed robot action smashing its way onto modern consoles – and to the Tokyo Game Show, where visitors will be able to get their first glimpse of the game in action.

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner was the sequel to the PlayStation 2 title, Zone of the Enders and continued the high-octane, big robot, super-fast action that characterized the first title in the series. In 2012 the two titles were re-released as Zone of the Enders HD Collection, for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, which featured high definition visuals and updated UI.

The current release is based on this high-definition version of Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner, but with a host of virtual reality content to truly immerse players into the experience of piloting a big robot. Using The 2nd Runner's unique graphics technology, ZOE Shader, all of the visuals have been completely overhauled for 4K technology and given cutting edge post effects, and all of the audio has been remastered, providing truly luscious stereophonic sound.

Gamers will be able to experience the thrill of piloting a high speed giant robot for themselves at Tokyo Game Show 2017. The game will be playable at the Konami Digital Entertainment booth at the event, which takes place from September 21 to 24 at the Makuhari Messe convention center."
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/zone-enders- ... ced-ps4-pc

VR support is also said to be supported on each platform.

Konami, pliz.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: ZOE: The 2nd Runner – MARS announced for PS4 and Steam

Post by Artemio »

It's good they do these releases, new generations might be attracted.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
TechNoir
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by TechNoir »

Holy crap, I never even knew. Nice to see that Konami can still make sensible decisions - then again, even a broken clock gives the right time once a day. I have zero optimism about VR in general, but the more good titles it gets, the better.

Metal Gear for PC pls?
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand
SnatcherMkII
Runner
Favorite Game: F-Zero GX
Kojima games owned: MGS - MGSV:TPP (plus VR Missions (PSN), Ghost Babel, Portable Ops, and Metal Gear Rising)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Post by SnatcherMkII »

So do any of you guys have this one? I heard that there's audio issues on the PC version, is that true?
fometu
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Post by fometu »

SnatcherMkII wrote:
Gematsu wrote:Konami and Cygames announced Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner – MARS for PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam) during the 2017 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan. It will launch worldwide in spring 2018.

The remastered version of Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner promises enhanced graphics, 4K resolution, new sound design with new-gen surround sound, brand new features, and PlayStation VR support.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Cygames:

"Cygames and Konami Digital Entertainment have announced Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS, a jointly developed, remastered version of the hit title from 2003, Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. The latest title in Konami’s breakneck robot battle series will avail of the latest 4K and VR technology to bring high speed robot action smashing its way onto modern consoles – and to the Tokyo Game Show, where visitors will be able to get their first glimpse of the game in action.

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner was the sequel to the PlayStation 2 title, Zone of the Enders and continued the high-octane, big robot, super-fast action that characterized the first title in the series. In 2012 the two titles were re-released as Zone of the Enders HD Collection, for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, which featured high definition visuals and updated UI.

The current release is based on this high-definition version of Piattaforme Autosollevanti Milano: The 2nd Runner, but with a host of virtual reality content to truly immerse players into the experience of piloting a big robot. Using The 2nd Runner's unique graphics technology, ZOE Shader, all of the visuals have been completely overhauled for 4K technology and given cutting edge post effects, and all of the audio has been remastered, providing truly luscious stereophonic sound.

Gamers will be able to experience the thrill of piloting a high speed giant robot for themselves at Tokyo Game Show 2017. The game will be playable at the Konami Digital Entertainment booth at the event, which takes place from September 21 to 24 at the Makuhari Messe convention center."
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/zone-enders- ... ced-ps4-pc

VR support is also said to be supported on each platform.

Konami, pliz.
thanks, this post is very informative
AwesomeBrand
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2
Kojima games owned: In order of how I originally played them...
Metal Gear Solid
MGS2 Substance
MGS3 Subsistence
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
MGS: Portable Ops
MGS: Peace Walker
MGS HD Collection
ZoE HD Collection
PSN: AwesomeBrand
Xbox Live: AwesomeBr0

Post by AwesomeBrand »

SnatcherMkII wrote:So do any of you guys have this one? I heard that there's audio issues on the PC version, is that true?
I have this on ps4. Outside of Ken leading me directly into a mine once I didn't have any glaring issues.
"Games are a study about people." - Hideo Kojima 2004
"To fans and myself, games are a dream." - Keiji Inafune 2003
"Games are life itself." - Hiroyuki Kobayashi 2003
"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986
powderehss
Favorite Game: Policenauts <3
Kojima games owned: MGS HD Collection, ZOE HD Collection, Metal Gear Rising, MGS Portable Ops, MGS Peace Walker

Post by powderehss »

Got it last year! Works pretty good, can't say I've tried the VR mode though

I'm glad CyGames fixed it!