MegaSD

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
JimboKudo
Major

MegaSD

Post by JimboKudo »

I just heard about the MegaSD. Apparently, it's a cartridge that you can load into your Sega Genesis which can play Sega CD games. I stumbled across it when looking for options for replacing the spindle on my Sega CD. Might not be a bad way to play Sega CD backups from your collection when the hardware inevitably fails.

Has anyone had the opportunity to try it?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: MegaSD

Post by Artemio »

You should also check out the Mega Everdrive Pro. Audio is better in the Krikzz product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZMwYVIsuAE

Here is an extensive review and also the use of my tool, MDFourier, to compare the audio from both.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

That video was excellent. It answered the main question I had which was how the audio compares to the original hardware. The greater the audio fidelity, the better. Looks like I'll be getting the Everdrive (though I might wait until I can find one for a little bit cheaper than full price).

Great job on the program. It's nice to see an audio comparison for videogame hardware which actually charts output data. Much more accurate than the usual videos which one finds online.
BonitaBCrook

Post by BonitaBCrook »

I agree with you.