Akira Yamaoka?

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Akira Yamaoka?

Post by randomwab »

Did Akira Yamaoka work on any versions of Snacther, i dont think he did but i read on Moby Games he did, is there anywhere i can check the credits of all versions, i really wanna see if this is true
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

If he did it was on the Sega cd version of the game, and as part of the Konami Kukeiha Club.

You can view some of the credits of Snatcher versiosn here at Junker HQ. Each game has a page with info on it. http://junkerhq.net/Snatcher/
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
drenomus

Post by drenomus »

yes he work in the version of Sega-cd but only as sound enginner
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

:eek: my love for him increases
Ozzye

Post by Ozzye »

So, where can I listen to it?
drenomus

Post by drenomus »

listen how? music from silent hill maybe? if you whis to listen music for silent hill, you can enter in [piracy links are forbidden, read the forum rules please] in the section sound of silence.

Ps. if you want information for metal gear in spahish enter www.metalgeardrenomus.cjb.net
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

Turns out he wasnt a Sound Enginner on Snatcher, an extract from an interview from Go! Game! Music!, Yamaoka says
GGM:
Please share your thoughts and experiences on the following:

Akira Yamaoka:

Snatcher-
I did not work on the sound of this title. It was more on the programming side or implementing the data on hardware so no creative work. It was a tough job :-)
that clears that up, and just to let anyone know who cares, he did infacct work on Castlevania SOTN, as a drum programmer

http://www.gogamemusic.com/interviews_a ... aoka.shtml
Ozzye

Post by Ozzye »

I didn't mean to piracy his job, you know this sort of things are hard to find and buy, I'm looking for it to keep it alive, not to take advantage of the internet to steal his job.
Is Silent hill 3 main theme his song too?
That music rocks!
drenomus

Post by drenomus »

sorry for desilusionated you randomwab but im play the snatcher on sega-cd again for being sure, i saw the credits and i confirmed, Akira yamaoka work as a sound DESIGNER
Attachments
yamaoka.JPG
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

I passed the game today, for the first time and I did saw Akira Yamaoka at the Credits, just like drenomus is showing.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"