Patch is up (v1.01 incoming)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

Any progress on this?
Hey! You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?
James_The_Stampede
Runner
Kojima games owned: MGS1-4, Boktai, Policenauts, Snatcher (Well, technically anyway).
PSN: Sir_EFG
Xbox Live: Aes Rock

Post by James_The_Stampede »

Wesker wrote:Any progress on this?
The Progress is progressing STOP
Unfortunately, it is taking more time than expected due to my computer dying STOP
That's why I'm typing this message from a telegraph machine STOP.

In all seriousness, all is well, but details are under tight wraps as for actual progression. In the words of the Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy:

"DON'T PANIC!"

Peace.
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

If anybody needs help putting together the video sequences I've got experience in editing, subtitling, and general filmmaking and I'd love to work on the project if it's still being worked on. I can even put together an English voiceover cast and dub everything if needed. My main email address is Bob9000x@aol.com, but I can also be reached at knabours.ahs@gaggle.net and orochi.l337@gmail.com.
Crowley
Runner

Post by Crowley »

English anime voiceovers? Blasphemy! Well, except for when Japanese are trying to speak in other languages. I still have nightmares about Asuka's "German".
Crowley
Runner

Post by Crowley »

I don't mean to sound like an annoying whiner, but how about a bi-annual progress report?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

No, it's okay, I understand how you feel. I'm sure you're not alone.

The only news is that, well, there is no news yet. A programmer friend is working on it, and believe me, if anyone can do it, he can.
Junker_05
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: At the moment, Team Fortress 2.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid (PSone)
Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (PSP)
Policenauts (PSone)
Snatcher (Mega CD)

Post by Junker_05 »

Is it on the PC98? Crap! Like Kojima_Devotee said, this WILL alienate a good number of people... And one other use mentioned the PSX version being very easily accessible.

-- Slightly edited =P, Artemio
"Don't get even - GET MAD!" - Joker, Batman: The Killing Joke
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

No, the goal for the dump and translation is the PSX version, as it's the only system with real working emulation.
Junker_05
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Metal Gear Ac!d (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (PSP)
Policenauts (PSone)
Snatcher (Mega CD)

Post by Junker_05 »

Whew.. I must've misread it..

Thankyou, sweet Jesus!!!
kitano

Post by kitano »

I'm not an expert in this matter, but is it possibe in theory, even in the Saturn version, to patch and re-burn the game in order to work on a real system?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

kitano wrote:I'm not an expert in this matter, but is it possibe in theory, even in the Saturn version, to patch and re-burn the game in order to work on a real system?
Yes, but you'd need to defeat the copy protection schemes around that, that is chip the console or a similar solution. That's why emulation would be a better and legal solution for legitimate owners.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
James_The_Stampede
Runner
Kojima games owned: MGS1-4, Boktai, Policenauts, Snatcher (Well, technically anyway).
PSN: Sir_EFG
Xbox Live: Aes Rock

Post by James_The_Stampede »

Snatcher wrote:
kitano wrote:I'm not an expert in this matter, but is it possibe in theory, even in the Saturn version, to patch and re-burn the game in order to work on a real system?
Yes, but you'd need to defeat the copy protection schemes around that, that is chip the console or a similar solution. That's why emulation would be a better and legal solution for legitimate owners.
I thought that saturns natively supported CD-R copies. I could be wrong on that one, though.
kitano

Post by kitano »

That's why emulation would be a better and legal solution for legitimate owners.
Which is my case. I was specifically refferring to the possibility of re-burning my own legitimate copy onto a cd-r, which I'm entitled to do (I'm not under US law jurisdiction, as a side note). I wasn't aware of the Saturn's cd-r protection, though. But Im sure that can be circled easily enough.
Last edited by kitano on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Painaxl
Runner

Post by Painaxl »

James_The_Stampede wrote:
Snatcher wrote:
I thought that saturns natively supported CD-R copies. I could be wrong on that one, though.
You might be thinking of the Sega CD. It's my understanding that the Saturn requires either an Action Replay (etc.) or a fairly perticular "swap trick."
kitano

Post by kitano »

But any woo.

I'll get the PSX version as well, if that's the version being worked on. Saturn emulation at this point is such a pain anyway (I've tried Policenauts and took me 5 minutes to get through the first 10/20 seconds of intro, and that's when I decided to buy a Saturn)
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

I have always wanted to play Policenauts....

I wish I could now >_<
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

I modded my saturn and burned alot of games. So copyrights and regions are a thing of the past for me.
Junker_05
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Metal Gear Ac!d (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (PSP)
Policenauts (PSone)
Snatcher (Mega CD)

Post by Junker_05 »

Eh, who cares if you're breaking copyright laws or not...

It's Policenauts, man! Besides, I'm sure most of us here has burnt a CD or DVD despite copyright laws...
Kojima_Devotee
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Kojima_Devotee »

Hey everyone.
It's been a while since my last post - I've been working on school, among other things.

Anyway, it's great to hear that everything's still coming along after all this time. Personally, I think that the PSOne really is the best choice for the translation. I have a question, though - Do the cut-scenes have subtitles with the spoken dialog? If not, what's your plan for translating them? (I forget if I already asked this - It's been a while.) :razz:
Sure, mainstream games are fun, but you haven't tried Snatcher yet.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Junker_05 wrote:Eh, who cares if you're breaking copyright laws or not...

It's Policenauts, man! Besides, I'm sure most of us here has burnt a CD or DVD despite copyright laws...
Well that's where you run into problems with Konami...I'm sure they don't like a fan group translating the game unofficially, and if you throw emulation into the batch, there's bound to be trouble.
GillianSeed

Post by GillianSeed »

Ninja Kurosai wrote:

Well that's where you run into problems with Konami...I'm sure they don't like a fan group translating the game unofficially, and if you throw emulation into the batch, there's bound to be trouble.
I don't think it'd be a big problem actually, people make fan translations all the time, and companies hardly seem to care. Still, I agree, translate the PSX script, not only would that be the better choice, but then we wouldn't need to translate a seperate script for my PSX translation of it, that is, if you the translator, allow me to use your translated script.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

GillianSeed wrote:
Ninja Kurosai wrote:

I don't think it'd be a big problem actually, people make fan translations all the time, and companies hardly seem to care. Still, I agree, translate the PSX script, not only would that be the better choice, but then we wouldn't need to translate a seperate script for my PSX translation of it, that is, if you the translator, allow me to use your translated script.
Yes, the team is willing to just give away years of hard work becuase you asked nicely.

No.
GillianSeed

Post by GillianSeed »

Ninja Kurosai wrote:
GillianSeed wrote:
Ninja Kurosai wrote:

Yes, the team is willing to just give away years of hard work becuase you asked nicely.

No.
That's okay, I can always find another translator.
Junker_05
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Metal Gear Ac!d (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (PSP)
Policenauts (PSone)
Snatcher (Mega CD)

Post by Junker_05 »

Wait a tic, now I'm confused. Is this translation going to be freely downloadable or is it just going to be available to certain higher-ups of Junker HQ?
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

Its for everyone that wants to play it, but in patch form.