MGS3 shareholders text

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

MGS3 shareholders text

Post by Artemio »

Here is a good quality scan of the card, I am passing an OCR on it, but have had no real time...

Something interesting might be there (so far I only understand about the message in the games, how it is passing from father to son and from generation to generation in society using genes and memes, vague ideas for me so far =P)
Attachments
MGS3ShareText.jpg
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Hey, I totally forgot about this... Here's a little translation I did just now.

-----

"What will we pass on to our childrens' generation?" That is the main theme of the MGS series. The theme of MGS1 was genes, the genetic information that is passed on from parent to child... The battle between light and darkness -- between Snake and Liquid, clones of Big Boss -- is a metaphor for the possibility that lies in genes. In MGS2, I talked about memes, the information not encoded in genes. Things like peoples' thoughts and emotions, words, the arts, cultures... How will we pass on these memes as time goes on? The <B>Patriots</B>, a biological incarnation of the modus operandi of the American government, cause the events of the game in the process of trying to control memes. So where can we find a rule of thumb for choosing the genes and memes we are to pass on to our children? There isn't one. It changes depending on the times. The theme of MGS3 is "scene", an important measure for helping us select genes and memes. The decisions regarding what to pass on always change depending on the times.

Good and evil, light and darkness, and peoples' values, too, change with the times.
I feel that only after experiencing this combination of Meme+Gene+Scene will the entire scope of my "anti-war, anti-nuke" message become clear.

He who knows history can also build the future.
Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.

Hideo Kojima