Metal Gear 1 MSX accurate manual translation and more

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Metal Gear 1 MSX accurate manual translation and more

Post by Artemio »

Great news for Metal Gear fans (besides the recent release of the great Metal Gear Solid 3), Takamichi has just released accurate translation of the original Metal Gear 1 Manual so go there and get some real info. This is part of the MSX Japanese to English Translation Project which has been finished and is really interesting, finally to see the real text that was omited and changed. Kudos on a great work to Takamichi Suzukawa, Jon Taylo and Nekura_Hoka.

You can post your comments here, I am sure they will read them and appreciate them after all the hard work.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Takamichi

Re: Metal Gear 1 MSX accurate manual translation and more

Post by Takamichi »

Is there anyone interested in initiating "Metal Gear 1 analysis"?
Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob »

You guys impress me to no end. Kudos :)
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Re: Metal Gear 1 MSX accurate manual translation and more

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

Takamichi wrote:Is there anyone interested in initiating "Metal Gear 1 analysis"?
I could. I already wrote an essay comparing the original MSX version with the NES version. It's been lingering on my hard drive for quite awhile.

BTW, I found the Outer Heaven logo in the Japanese MSX manual to be amusing. No wonder it never appeared in the later Metal Gear games.