Spotted! Kojima items for sale (rare or low buy-it-now)

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Re: Spotted! Kojima items for sale (rare or low buy-it-now)

Post by Screaming Mantis »

Had to throw one of mine in here! It's going real cheap guys, so get it now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0293973389

The plastic looks a little weird in the picture, but it's just fine.
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
SnakeMGS4
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 1 Twin Snake, Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Zone of the Enders.
PSN: SnakeMGS4

Post by SnakeMGS4 »

This is great hope you guys keep Spotting items
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

violentsnake wrote:I got mine for $225, so he is a bit flexible. I think I bought his first box though and he probably saw my offer and was like "WOW $225 I GOT 17 MORE!!".

I didn't get a steal though, but I have seen boxes in the past go over $400.

I still can't go over the idea that a guy could get so much of those trading cards and not even have opened them up after all these years on top NOT BEING A COLLECTOR. Everytime I see an auction in Ebay about these trading cards, my butt swirls! Knowing that I want them so badly, but in the end not having them coz they're just too expensive for my wallet to bear...

And if anyone here would give up their trading card collection, I hope they give somebody a chance (like me) to get them (on an affordable terms)... :cry: :mrgreen:
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

hey lance, at least you have more than 0 cards =P, i have none.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

TSi wrote:hey lance, at least you have more than 0 cards =P, i have none.
hey dude, we're part of the same club!
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

bay wrote:
Me too!
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Gear-Kubrick- ... dZViewItem

Wow finally something cool on ebay. I think this is gonna go cheap. Doesn't look like it comes with boxes, and if you're gonna bid, ask the seller about the condition of Raiden's sword. MANY are broken.

Raiden usually closes at $300 on ebay, the thermal goggle soldier maybe $100-120 and the complete set about 120-150 but I don't think this will go very high. Damn I'd love another Raiden though.... :roll:
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

violentsnake wrote:Image

Wow finally something cool on ebay. I think this is gonna go cheap. Doesn't look like it comes with boxes, and if you're gonna bid, ask the seller about the condition of Raiden's sword. MANY are broken.

Raiden usually closes at $300 on ebay, the thermal goggle soldier maybe $100-120 and the complete set about 120-150 but I don't think this will go very high. Damn I'd love another Raiden though.... :roll:
awww vs, give me a chance =P.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

TSi wrote:

I won't be bidding, unless I see it under $200 with seconds to go. But there's no chance in hell of that. I think the NVG soldier is a really under-rated item as it's just as rare as the Raiden - well, in general. A Raiden with unbroken sword is quite rare indeed. mattbellamy's got one for sale.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

violentsnake wrote:
TSi wrote:

I won't be bidding, unless I see it under $200 with seconds to go. But there's no chance in hell of that. I think the NVG soldier is a really under-rated item as it's just as rare as the Raiden - well, in general. A Raiden with unbroken sword is quite rare indeed. mattbellamy's got one for sale.
now to somehow convince him to ship to Canada.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

TSi wrote:
now to somehow convince him to ship to Canada.
I've never been denied. Let him know you're a serious buyer, will pay right away and have a paypal confirmed address.

If that doesn't work threaten to send an electric shock through the computer that'll fry him if he doesn't let you bid. That always works. :|
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

It's been suggested before, but I think it's even more applicable now the RSS feed has been implemented. Maybe we should keep this topic specifically for posts informing us of good deals. Maybe it'd be a good idea to keep discussion to an absolute minimum on this topic and if needs be, talk about the deals elsewhere where it could be more appropriate.

This would also make it all the more worthwhile if someone chooses to subscribe to this topic simply to be notified of great deals. We have to bear in mind that if anyone chooses to subscribe, at the moment, they'd only be getting discussion posted to their email. It can only be a good thing if we try to implement this rule as it would surely benefit the RSS and subscriptions to this topic as I'm sure it's probably the hottest thread here!

Just a thought! :)
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

i say a new thread is created for deal links and brief descriptions, while this one can be retitled to indicate discussions around good deals, etc.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Screw that, people would love to notifications of discussions between TSi and myself. Just wait until the Toronto Maple Leafs start bombing so I rag on him about that. It'll be everywhere.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

violentsnake wrote:Screw that, people would love to notifications of discussions between TSi and myself. Just wait until the Toronto Maple Leafs start bombing so I rag on him about that. It'll be everywhere.
ahahaha, yes, me and vs's convo.. until the TML plays again this year... ahaha, gawd damn. seriously, im not looking forward to much this year AGAIN.
whitetrashshayno
Runner
Favorite Game: mgs..all of em, final fantasy 7
Kojima games owned: metal gear 1,2,snakes revenge
mgs 1,mgs vr missions,2substance,document of mgs2, mgs3,mgs3s,mgs4 collectors edition, portable ops, acid,portable ops+, digital graphic novel

Snatcher
PSN: wtshayno

Post by whitetrashshayno »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamato-Metal-Gear-S ... 286.c0.m14

what are those figures worth?

I notice not even vs has em. I have the sniper wolf and i fuck'n love it, but idk why no one seems to own them.
what are they worth?
Wanted list
Mgs 1 pal premium pack (unsealed but with all the stuff), first bite poster, mgs 3premium pack, mgs 2 premium pack , Mgs 3 subsistence us limted edition unsealed.

Any smashing pumpkins,beck, radiohead, arcade fire, spoon, beatles, or doors vinyls :)
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

I'd say Snake and Liquid are in the $50-75 range. Sniper and Meryl about $25.

Actually I've seen Liquid close as high as $100.

I don't have em because they just don't interest me. I mean...they're dolls. They lack detail and the faces just don't look right. I guess I won't just buy things I don't like even if they're Metal Gear. Plus the boxes are so big it'd cost so much to ship to me.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Post by gixo »

jonthomas83 wrote:
bay wrote:
Me too!
me three.

I don't really care about a sealed box and things. i just want a few cards to hold and own =D
ImageImage
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

Well, it was a struggle getting what I have today. I can't even recall (or selectively forget about) how much I've already spent getting those. Correction of my previous reply... I only have 135 cards excluding the checklist cards (those dont count). And since I was able to acquire one box with that ebay seller with 18 boxes of sealed trading cards (that's 24 x 4 more) added to my collection. I REALLY HOPE AND PRAY THAT I HIT THE JACKPOT AND GET A LEOPARD, A FALCON, OR A FOX CARDS! OH WELL, SINCE I'M ALREADY HOPING HERE, I HOPE I GET A PAL CARD :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

gixo wrote:
jonthomas83 wrote:
bay wrote:
Me too!
me three.

I don't really care about a sealed box and things. i just want a few cards to hold and own =D
itd be nice to have the whole collection. but damn, 4 cards in a pack is like a crazy rip off =P
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

lance wrote:Well, it was a struggle getting what I have today. I can't even recall (or selectively forget about) how much I've already spent getting those. Correction of my previous reply... I only have 135 cards excluding the checklist cards (those dont count). And since I was able to acquire one box with that ebay seller with 18 boxes of sealed trading cards (that's 24 x 4 more) added to my collection. I REALLY HOPE AND PRAY THAT I HIT THE JACKPOT AND GET A LEOPARD, A FALCON, OR A FOX CARDS! OH WELL, SINCE I'M ALREADY HOPING HERE, I HOPE I GET A PAL CARD :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If you're going to open them, you should document the event with a ton of pictures. Even a video.
TSi wrote:
itd be nice to have the whole collection. but damn, 4 cards in a pack is like a crazy rip off =P
I've seen sports cards packs that are new release and they're about $500 for 3 cards in the pack. Seriously. I think one time there were some Babe Ruth game-used jersey cards randomly distributed in packs and those were fetching record numbers.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

violentsnake wrote:
lance wrote:Well, it was a struggle getting what I have today. I can't even recall (or selectively forget about) how much I've already spent getting those. Correction of my previous reply... I only have 135 cards excluding the checklist cards (those dont count). And since I was able to acquire one box with that ebay seller with 18 boxes of sealed trading cards (that's 24 x 4 more) added to my collection. I REALLY HOPE AND PRAY THAT I HIT THE JACKPOT AND GET A LEOPARD, A FALCON, OR A FOX CARDS! OH WELL, SINCE I'M ALREADY HOPING HERE, I HOPE I GET A PAL CARD :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If you're going to open them, you should document the event with a ton of pictures. Even a video.
Will you be doing the same thing VS? Or, since I know that you're a Sealed-Item O.C.
( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ), will you not touch them and leave it as it is?
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

lance wrote: Will you be doing the same thing VS? Or, since I know that you're a Sealed-Item O.C.
( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ), will you not touch them and leave it as it is?
Mine will be kept sealed heh. I really wish I could've scored another box to open, but even if I had 10 of em you're right, I'm way too O.C. about sealed items I probably couldn't even open a single pack. I really want that PAL card though.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

Wow! Talk of the devils:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/255281/m ... y-figures/

For anyone in the U.K. this is a great deal and how weird that it should crop up on UK Hot Deals just as we were talking about them. MG items NEVER... EVER crop up on there!

I'll be making a trip to Game tomorrow! :)

P.S. I know full well that this forum is primarily made up of people from across the Atlantic but I just couldn't pass telling everyone about this! lol.
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

jonthomas83 wrote:Wow! Talk of the devils:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/255281/m ... y-figures/

For anyone in the U.K. this is a great deal and how weird that it should crop up on UK Hot Deals just as we were talking about them. MG items NEVER... EVER crop up on there!

I'll be making a trip to Game tomorrow! :)

P.S. I know full well that this forum is primarily made up of people from across the Atlantic but I just couldn't pass telling everyone about this! lol.
IF ONLY IF SHIPPING WAS CHEAP =P
then I'd be able to grab them... that sucks.

wow... 2.50 per... so thats like 5$ usd, x 5 = 25$, + 40$ shipping? = 65$
vs
19.99$ per here... 20 x 5 = 100$ + tax = 113$

wow... thats 1/2 price.