Outer Heaven clientele question (regarding the PC versions)

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Outer Heaven clientele question (regarding the PC versions)

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

Okay, I aware the earlier versions of Snatcher used sci-fi characters instead of Konami characters during the cosplay scene. I recognize Kamen Rider (Omen Rider), Cornelius (Corneliyassan) from Planet of the Apes, the Alien (Eliyan) from Alien, C3PO (H20) from Star Wars and Guyver (Galiver) in the PC Engine version, and then there's the bartender dressed like a metalune mutant from This Island Earth. My question is, who is Okanesan suppose to be? I don't have screenshot with me, but he's a big creature to the right with a huge mouth.

EDIT: Since an attaching system has been added since this thread was made, I've uploaded a screenshot of the scene to help me identify the guy. It's the guy in the upper right corner, next to Yoda.
Attachments
Metal Gear: "That character is "Okane-san" , the protagonist in "Geesen Kozou" (Arcade Youngster.
Metal Gear: "That character is "Okane-san" , the protagonist in "Geesen Kozou" (Arcade Youngster.
Johnny Undaunted
Major

BUMP.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

Nice picture, cheers for that.

Are you talking about the one with the hat? Are those eyes coming out of the top? Not another Star Wars character, is it? If not, he looks like the human from The Moomins, but obviously it wouldn't be him.

In which case, I've no idea.
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Rick Deckard wrote:Not another Star Wars character, is it?
I've been told it might be a Stars Wars character, but I don't think it is. They already filled the Star Wars-quota with H20 (and Yoda, who is not an interactive character in the scene). Could be wrong though.

I added another frame just in case it might make things easier.
Attachments
CD_F97E1089-195.png
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Wow, that is a hard question....I came up with nothing at all after some time searching, maybe Takamichi can help on this one...
useless google search
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Snatcher wrote:Wow, that is a hard question....I came up with nothing at all after some time searching, maybe Takamichi can help on this one...
Way ahead of you. Googling didn't help. Keep in mind that they used knockoff names for the films and characters instead of actual names (like H20 instead of C3PO, All Stars War instead of Star Wars, Galiver instead of Guyver, Omen Rider instead of Kamen Rider, ect.).

I know in Takamichi's translation, he called him Go$ira (Okane-san means Mr. Money), so maybe it's from a Japanese monster movie. It's definitely not Godzilla though.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

yes I supposed (knew) you had alerady tried it but I did my best anyway in several searches, combined with Snatcher and Konami, with no result (I didn't try metal gear though.. will check anyway).

If I "see" Takamichi around, I'll ask him....
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]