Tsuchinoko

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Tsuchinoko

Post by Artemio »

While playing MGS3, once I caleld paramedic and she told me about the tsuchinoko, a mytical creatuire supposed to live in the area I was at (don't remember, virtuous mission though), so I searched it and found the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsuchinoko

http://www.youkaimura.org/tsuchinoko.htm

And finally these:

http://img63.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img63&im ... ing2xh.png

http://img63.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img63&im ... nko8se.png

Any of you guys know more about it? I was glad when I read it and even better when I was shown these pictures.. so Kojima like to do something like this....
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

wow!!!!
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

"So, how does it taste like?"

Speaking of Snakes, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this already, but did anyone else found the three white snakes when they fought The Boss?
shoryuken_justice

Post by shoryuken_justice »

Whitesnake? Awesome!!!
<air guitar>

Yeah.. do they attack you? I sat in fron of one of em for like a minute before the boss found me, and he didn't coil up or anything,
Alright stop.

Hammer Time!
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

Pertainging the Tsuchinoko,

Keep it till the end(alive so tranq it) and call paramedic for info, you can get the infinity face paint without going through all the hard shit!

How to get it!?

After the battle with the end place down a few mousetraps, You will more then likely need to pick them up again and place them down before you get it. Tsuchinoko, it is their version of the big foot :wink:

and, after you get your stuff back in the waterfall, go out of it, and you should be able to see it stick out like a sore thumb, search the jungle, tranq it, DON'T SHOOT IT!

You must catch it both before, and after you've been caught in order to get the infinity face paint.

(the easy way to get stealth is actually just not being caught once, kill all you want boys :wink: )

p.s. its actually been confirmed they are all over the place in some instances, and actually many are saying just catch it after you get your stuff back and beat the game. Viola!
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

Snake Plissken wrote:Keep it till the end(alive so tranq it) and call paramedic for info, you can get the infinity face paint without going through all the hard shit!
Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Painaxl
Runner

Post by Painaxl »

You can get stealth by not getting caught? Instead of the Kerotans?
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

Painaxl wrote:You can get stealth by not getting caught? Instead of the Kerotans?
yeah, the original intimidation was having to go through the original process to get the infinity paint, but its been proven you just cannot be seen. It's pretty simple judging that you get something to make you invisible when you went through the first game invisible pretty much. :wink:

And no, it's not shit, go catch one for yourself and see what happens. :P
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

Snake Plissken wrote:and, after you get your stuff back in the waterfall, go out of it, and you should be able to see it stick out like a sore thumb, search the jungle, tranq it, DON'T SHOOT IT!
Where??????? I've been looking for a few hours now in that damn forest, laying down mousetraps, and all I've caught is a bunch of birds and some damn squirrels. I'm getting irritated.
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

ReasonWhyNot wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:and, after you get your stuff back in the waterfall, go out of it, and you should be able to see it stick out like a sore thumb, search the jungle, tranq it, DON'T SHOOT IT!
Where??????? I've been looking for a few hours now in that damn forest, laying down mousetraps, and all I've caught is a bunch of birds and some damn squirrels. I'm getting irritated.
Damn I forgot to mention you must catch it in the beginning after killing the fear, lay mousetraps in his battle ground to find one. Then when you get your stuff back from eva it will of course be gone. Go out and then it should be in plain view. Sorry man.