Metal Gear Solid Integral help.

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
BlackChamber

Metal Gear Solid Integral help.

Post by BlackChamber »

I bought Metal Gear Solid Integral years ago. When I tried to play it on my modded psx, every time I tried to start a new game the copy or mod chip protection would kick in and not let me play the game.

I found a way around it by using a game shark code that deactivates the protection but I was never able to beat it because when I inserted disc two it kicked in again.

I am now trying to play the game on an psx emulator and I was wondering if you guys knew a way to get around this. Is there some patch somewhere that fixes this problem or how did you guys get around this.

thanks.
Those Who Dare Win - SAS
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

If you're using a PSX emulator, there shouldn't be an issue, since most of them are region free. Try out ePSXe, if you aren't already, and get the necessary files. It should auto detect the region, and not give you trouble.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
Leon08
Favorite Game: I have too many favorite games

Re: Metal Gear Solid Integral help.

Post by Leon08 »

Well I had the same problem you have when I bought metal gear solid the essential collection,I tried to play metal gear solid using the original disc's and it wouldent work until I made a backup copy of both disc using a program called Alcohol 120%,first copy both disc's by going to the image maker wizard using Alcohol 120% then it will make a iso of both disc which is the game and after that you will need two empty cd's that have 700 mb,I advice to use memorex cd's because I think they are the best cd's to make backup copies of ps1 games,than put in your empty disc go to image burning wizard after that click the iso than in the next screen at the bottom click playstation than burn it and hopefully it will work like it did for me.But remember your game is different than mine and some ps1 games don't work when your system has a modchip.But trying this might help you out not only for this game but for many other ps1 games too.