Show off your collection display

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Re: Show off your collection display

Post by violentpig »

Ah nice! I'm surprised Drebin and the monkey aren't on it.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
micster
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2
Kojima games owned: www.micster.co.nr + Zone of the Enders 1
PSN: THEmicster

Post by micster »

Yes, That is quite weird. Especially with Big Mama being on it.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

The posters I received on Friday have finally "opened up" enough I can safely unravel and take some pics. Unforunately they are odd sizes so finding frames will be difficult.

Eva, my favorite of the three. This poster is a bit more vibrant than the picture makes it out.

I believe this was to promote pre-orders as it advertises the pre-order bonus "First Bite" soundtrack

Also amazing. The title is in raised glossy black letters and really stands out in person. Big Boss, The Boss and Eva all in one poster!
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

wow this are pretty sweet man
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

I love those posters man! They are awesome! Cannot wait for payday, I'm gonna be concentrating on MGS3 stuff next month! lol!
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Snake Standee

Meryl Standee

jpn document of mgs2 (open, to fill my sorter - no pic taken)

mgs4 promo

MGS3 premium package (sealed)

Raiden Kubrick sealed (mattbellamy, I have another coming if you want to trade)

My new favorite and perhaps rarest item, the mgs2 black sorter (this came in it's original mailing box from Konami).

I'm planning to make a thread on here about the black sorter, with info and about 10 pics or so right from the first time I opened the mailing box to filling it with the games. It's a deadly item. I need the white one now but I'm not searching ebay or yahoo anymore as I've been too addicted to spending.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
mattbellamy
Favorite Game: MGS2
Kojima games owned: All

Post by mattbellamy »

Incredible violentsnake, these standees are friggin awesome :mrgreen: I just don't have room. Here are the pictures of my collection and room/appartment, finally... I'm sorry I just don't have time to show you everything, I really fcked up my display, I have too much and not enough space and my mgs collection is litterally eating my muse collection (which is bigger lol, but my passion for mgs is getting just as big as my passion for muse...). Everything is official, even the simpsons donut collection (i love donuts haha).

And about the Rex, I made it myself. I can make more if people show enough interest but it's very fragile (all in paper).

This is the promo ga-ko coin bank I was talking about, it's too big to sit on the mgs shelf though errr:

The two shareholders are sealed, and the mgs2 inside the tin is sealed as well, it's mgs2 from uk, I'll post pics when I have more time, at my next item arrival (mostly with the sealed promo vr mission with the snake figure)

As promised a picture of my opened white sorter:

The sealed MGS shareholder premium (i noticed some flaws with the flash haha, and about the white scrapped stuff, it's a sticker above the seal that was taken off, I guess it was the price or something like that)

Really nice item anyway.

A better look at the mess:

My god it's a disaster...

This is a part of a windowcase I have, in wood. I should have taken the whole picture but I was lazy tonight:

And finally, a peak at my Saint Seiya/Knights of the zodiac collection, the windowcase is exclusively in glass, 2 meters tall, 1m20 large, and 50 cm in depth. The display on the top was made by a great girl friend of mine who is very talented, and the second display will be from Asgard (in the snow). And the third will be poseidon, but it took a lot of time and energy just to get the first display... sorry my english sucks noodles tonight I'm too tired.

Et voilà. Hope you'll all enjoy it
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

I already commented elsewhere, but all I can say again is:

=D>
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Post by gixo »

adding :D

and check this out!

ImageImage
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I don't know when I'll ever gather everything together for a picture, so I thought I'd show my favorite item, which is a Snatcher poster I acquired in Japan a few years ago. I love the atmosphere of the background. I'm still planning on getting a frame for it and putting it on a wall. The books are there to hold down the poster, as it had been rolled up for years and doesn't stay flat on its own (which is why I need a glass frame for it, though I think it would look better that way anyway). It's not in perfect condition, but given its age, I can't complain.
Attachments
snatcher_poster.jpg
gixo
Second Lieutenant

Post by gixo »

Marc wrote:I don't know when I'll ever gather everything together for a picture, so I thought I'd show my favorite item, which is a Snatcher poster I acquired in Japan a few years ago. I love the atmosphere of the background. I'm still planning on getting a frame for it and putting it on a wall. The books are there to hold down the poster, as it had been rolled up for years and doesn't stay flat on its own (which is why I need a glass frame for it, though I think it would look better that way anyway). It's not in perfect condition, but given its age, I can't complain.
I love that background too. But at all these old games they seem to love to have a character who doesnt look like the one in the game.
That poster, but with pixel'd gilian and city behind would be awesome :D
ImageImage
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

Very sweet book Gixo, I never realised it was the same pose as Substance.

Funny you should post that mate, I had some mail today too (adding)...
Front:
Back:

I've been searching all over for this, it was sold out everywhere, literally everywhere I've looked. Then some nice gentleman posted the KonamiStyle UK site URL up on the other forum and I found that they had some in stock. If anyone wants it, I seriously recommend you purchse it soon as it's gonna get rare to find the "Complete Metal Gear Solid".

I love the artwork on it and can't wait to get the MGS2 one like Gixo, maybe next month!

However, I do wish Shinkawa would do something like this, it would be so sweet to have a MGS Shinkawa comic!

In the mail:
MGS3: Premium Pack (JAP) (Sealed) - Really annoyed, for some reason, the seller refunded me and said nothing but, "please wait we have a delivery problem - we'll be in touch"! Coming from the same guy who sent me a perfect package no less than 7 days ago!
Metal Gear Saga 1 (Sealed)(NTSC) DVD - taking a while and I'm worried!
GA-KO Alarm Clock
MGS4 French Press Kit & Tin - Awesome find and I cannot wait for this, it's gonna be my new favourite toy!
MGS4 UK Promo Game
MGS "Coming Soon" poster - A big thanks Violent Snake for the contact on these, I seem to have struck a good deal for both posters.
MG 20th Anniversary poster
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Marc - I love that Snatcher poster. That is awesome man. I'd love to see what that would fetch on ebay, although I have no clue how agressive the Snatcher collectors are in terms of bidding.

Anything drawn by Ashley Wood is awesome. I'd love to see her draw Daredevil, but that's a topic for a different forum heh.

jt83 - Glad to help you with the posters. The seller had told me to let people know he wasn't planning on selling the MGS20th one so you're lucky to have gotten it from him. Like I said though he's a super nice guy so he probably saw you're a big fan and would appreciate it more than he would so he gave it up.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
gixo
Second Lieutenant

Post by gixo »

violentsnake wrote: Anything drawn by Ashley Wood is awesome. I'd love to see her draw Daredevil, but that's a topic for a different forum heh.
wtf? he is a guy, right?anyway, it's seems that we need a topic with "your latest add". Until then, i post here. spoilerz ahoi! because i was really surprised of everything inside.

It's HUGE! I really didn't know how huge it actually was, can't even fit in my MGS-shelf.

Shagohod box takes up most of the package!

wtf, empty!

Any info about this, i'm so close breaking the seal, is it worth it?

But the sealing looks rather cheap, is it really real?

Same about this? What is it? It's like 10,000 pages or something

Cheap sealing? Worth breaking?

The only thing that wasn't really sealed, and looks played too =/

This is a soundtrack, right?

worth opening?

Oh snap! There is the Shagohod, escaping!

Fuuuuu-

Nice, we got it Eva!
(Oh, there is a novel there, came yesterday)

Off-road-Shagohoding! And there's the complete MGS2GN

The quality of the Shagohod was really what i hoped for. Awesome details, even under it. But is the Railgun(or what it is) movable?

and oh yeah. all adding
Metal Gear Solid 3 Premium Package
The Complete Metal Gear Solid : Sons Of Liberty by Asley Wood
Metal Gear Solid by Raymond Benson

I hope it was ok with all the pics. I got so excited of the package
ImageImage
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

That's lovely mate, that's a good mail day! Unfortunately, the seller has messed me about big time on my MGS3 Premium Pack and I'm so not impressed with him. Doesn't look like I'll be getting mine anytime soon. Cannot wait till I do though!

Gixo, did you get my link to the MGS1 GN? or is that not what you wanted? I wrote it on TUS forum. Unless someone new is posting there I'm gonna post everything on here from now on, I'm rarely gonna contribute over at TUS anymore. If I spot someone new, I'll reply on there just so they see my signature advertising this place.

I think this thread is kinda like the big TUS one, so adding should be ok in here mate.

Can't wait to get home to see what I got in the mail now! lol.
gixo
Second Lieutenant

Post by gixo »

jonthomas83 wrote:That's lovely mate, that's a good mail day! Unfortunately, the seller has messed me about big time on my MGS3 Premium Pack and I'm so not impressed with him. Doesn't look like I'll be getting mine anytime soon. Cannot wait till I do though!

Gixo, did you get my link to the MGS1 GN? or is that not what you wanted? I wrote it on TUS forum. Unless someone new is posting there I'm gonna post everything on here from now on, I'm rarely gonna contribute over at TUS anymore. If I spot someone new, I'll reply on there just so they see my signature advertising this place.

I think this thread is kinda like the big TUS one, so adding should be ok in here mate.

Can't wait to get home to see what I got in the mail now! lol.
I feel sorry for you =/ Oh, i got the link, and i will probably buy it. Even though a hardback would be nicer. Do you know what price they end at @ ebay?
I think this forum is easier to use too, with the "latest replies" buttons and everything.
ImageImage
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

gixo wrote:I feel sorry for you =/ Oh, i got the link, and i will probably buy it. Even though a hardback would be nicer. Do you know what price they end at @ ebay?
I think this forum is easier to use too, with the "latest replies" buttons and everything.
Yeah I was looking for the hardback too, but for me, all my other Metal Gear stuff is paperback so I'm not too bothered. I can't find it on eBay and have been looking for a while now. Then I found the Konami Style UK site and was well pleased to have found it going so cheap!
shidoni
Major
Kojima games owned: Zone of The Enders
Anubis: Zone of The Enders
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

I love the engl(r)ish on that Snatcher poster... No-one knows!
Egads... My collection is made up mostly of retailer copies of NTSC games. My lack of funding sometimes shames me, lol. I will, however, post pictures of my Snake resin kit when I finish it...
Ashely Wood is a guy, by the way.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Ashley Wood is a dude? shit I should've known a chick couldn't draw comics like that heh. Still, HE would be great on Daredevil. :evil:

That MGS3 premiukm package is huge eh? It's almost the size of a console box. No wonder shipping is always so high for it. You can get them sealed off yahoo japan for about $70US sometimes (without fees) if you still want one jonthomas.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

Finally got my Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1 DVD and I got myself a cheap ass brand spanking new Digital Graphic Novel!

Adding:
Superb condition, just a shame it didn't come sealed, which is surprising seen as it was straight from Konami Style UK. Anyway, I'm happy, at least I can view it now!

I wish they'd release English versions of the 'Bande Dessine' DVD's though so we can have the Graphic Novel on the TV screen here in the U.K.

This came sealed and I accidentally opened it so I could watch it...oops! lol.

Good day today!

I've just finished taking photo's of all my gear so expect a launch for my website soon! Well I'm excited anyway! :smile:
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

Adding:

MGS4 Promo

MGS4 Promo Poster

MGS4 Promo Banner

Acquired the posters from a shop in town just as they were taking them down, however, these were unused posters from storage that they gave me as spare cos I asked if they had any untouched ones!

Very happy!
gixo
Second Lieutenant

Post by gixo »

jonthomas83 wrote:Adding:

MGS4 Promo

MGS4 Promo Poster

MGS4 Promo Banner

Acquired the posters from a shop in town just as they were taking them down, however, these were unused posters from storage that they gave me as spare cos I asked if they had any untouched ones!

Very happy!
Man that's nice. How much did you pay for the Promo? And i love the huge MGS4-print. I've loved that font since the first time i saw it

edit: couldn't keep i sealed, so opened this book

As i guessed everything were in japanese. But it's so filled with awesome pictures which makes up for it. And the art in the beginning/end. By "that third guy painting MG". With the Shagohod Artwork. Anyway,anyone got a translation of the text in the book? :roll: . Or got highres-pictures of the paintings? I would love to have them on my wall, but i can't tear them out of the book
ImageImage
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

I love the print too mate, I've been wanting it for ages and it was simply a stroke of luck finding it at my local gamestation store.

I had the promo from eBay for just over £30 but Violent Snake had it cheaper a couple of weeks ago so you may get a deal mate. Keep your eye on the following auction mate:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=018

Yeah, I'm struggling to keep my MGS2 Premium book sealed too! I really wanna see inside! lol.
gixo
Second Lieutenant

Post by gixo »

Heh, the MGS2-book is like the same? I saw some small pictures of artwork by the same artist with raiden and snake
ImageImage
whitetrashshayno
Runner
Favorite Game: mgs..all of em, final fantasy 7
Kojima games owned: metal gear 1,2,snakes revenge
mgs 1,mgs vr missions,2substance,document of mgs2, mgs3,mgs3s,mgs4 collectors edition, portable ops, acid,portable ops+, digital graphic novel

Snatcher
PSN: wtshayno

Post by whitetrashshayno »

violentsnake wrote:Ashley Wood is a dude? shit I should've known a chick couldn't draw comics like that heh. Still, HE would be great on Daredevil. :evil:

That MGS3 premiukm package is huge eh? It's almost the size of a console box. No wonder shipping is always so high for it. You can get them sealed off yahoo japan for about $70US sometimes (without fees) if you still want one jonthomas.

i sure am down, the only price i've found it for was 129.99 before ship, and i was seriously considering it
Wanted list
Mgs 1 pal premium pack (unsealed but with all the stuff), first bite poster, mgs 3premium pack, mgs 2 premium pack , Mgs 3 subsistence us limted edition unsealed.

Any smashing pumpkins,beck, radiohead, arcade fire, spoon, beatles, or doors vinyls :)