Im new and...

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
BigBoss
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, ZOE, ZOE2, MGS 1, 2, 3, 4 and all special versions.
PSN: FlamingSatchel
Xbox Live: FlamingSatchel

Im new and...

Post by BigBoss »

I just found and joined this awesome forum. Im a huge fan of anything Kojima and I really want to play Policenauts. So I was wondering what would be the best way to actually play it? Im not asking for anything illegal, I just want to play this game however I can.
RandommodnaR
Runner

Re: Im new and...

Post by RandommodnaR »

Welcome mate! This community is one of the warmest i've ever been in. I'm sure you'll be treated just dandy.
About Policenauts: The best way to play it is emulating it, but there's no english version; it's only in japanese. However, our team of highly qualified translators (?) are working on a translation patch, so i'd tell you to wait for some time. If you speak japanese, then that's a whole different story, now is it? :smile:

Cheers!
And then the long pulse of Zion Dub...
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Welcome man, I hope you have a great time around here. You could read the FAQ of the project at http://policenauts.net or the Current Status thread.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
BigBoss
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, ZOE, ZOE2, MGS 1, 2, 3, 4 and all special versions.

Post by BigBoss »

So if I buy the japanese version of the PSX game, I can download a PSX emulator and it will play on my computer?
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Post by Charlie Johnson »

BigBoss wrote:So if I buy the japanese version of the PSX game, I can download a PSX emulator and it will play on my computer?
Yes, but the emulation is somewhat flawed. No matter which emulator I tried, the sound in cutscenes was always out of sync and I don't seem to be the only one having these problems. I think I'm gonna buy a modded PS1 shortly before the patch is released.
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

I tried it for the psp, and it didn't have any problems that an emulator would have.
BigBoss

Post by BigBoss »

Thanks for all the help, I hope to get it soon, but I probaly wont play it unti you guys release the patch. I wonder if there is any chance of a USA release like Dracula X chronicles...that would be great, here's hoping we get a US release soon.