SD Snatcher questions

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Szczepaniak
Runner

SD Snatcher questions

Post by Szczepaniak »

Hi all

Ive finally decided to complete SD Snatcher.

Now, I hear there is a glitch that makes it impossible to complete, but am not sure what this is.

Im playing disk 1 of three, of an english translated version.
Now, when I defeat enemies, I gain exp and level up (currently lvl 4), but they dont drop any gold for me! Is this the glitch?

Or is it something else?

Is there a translation of it without said glitch? Ive got several different roms, and have heard there have been several different patches done....

but overall Im quite confused.
Designer of "Trampalien Gunmen" on Dreamcast
Red Falcon

Post by Red Falcon »

Not sure which version you're playing. Does disk 1 have a black screen that tells you to insert SCC cartridge into which slot?
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

No. The game just loads, I push space bar, then it says start or continue.

Im using RUMSX. It works well and seems to be already nicely pre-configured.

I havent got past the warehouse yet. But Ive fought loads of spider monsters and NONE have given me any money. All Ive found is a box with $250 in it.

Are these early enemies meant to give money?
Red Falcon

Post by Red Falcon »

Sounds like your dsks are messed up or something. I just started a new game to check the prob and they're supposed to give your 15 gold.

This is where I downloaded SD-Snatcher
http://xydirect.com/msx/ShortComents.asp?IdRom=sdsnatch
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

I got mine off planetemu

The bizarre thing is, I also downloaded their Japanese version, and that too never gave me the gold. :?

Cheers for the link dude

Im going to check out the underdogs and if that also doesnt work Illcheck your link.
cheers :)

EDIT:
The underdogs version has the same problem.
I again tried it with RUMSX, quick saving makes everything so much simpler rather than using a virtual disk drive. :)

So Im currently looking at the link you provided.

EDIT2:
And that one too also provides no gold! So Im guessing it must be RUMSX thats at fault.
Im now trying it with NLMSX

Also, does anyone notice the difference between their music playing ability? In RUMSX it sounds like their is too many instruments and it sounds terrible. Like bad Christmas music. But in NLMSX it has a really good synth sound to it. Is this because one utlises the SCC music cartridge while the other doesnt?

Ill keep you informed of my progress.

EDIT3:
Problem solved.

RUMSX for some bizarre reason causes the game to not give me any gold. Why this happens I do not know. I have also worked out how to correct the sound problem and also get disk based saving to work. Its annoying, but at least the game can be played now.

Does anyone know why RUMSX is not running it correctly?
Im just curious.

cheers for the help falcon :D
Red Falcon

Post by Red Falcon »

Aye, your welcome.

NLMSX has support for the SCC chip and blueMSX as well.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

I used NLMSX and dont remember any problems emulation wise
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

I know, thats what Im playing it on.

The wierd thing was RUMSX, it didn't seem to emulate any of the versions correctly.

Why this is, I have no idea. But its certainly interesting. For some reason it simply didnt register the addition of money after each fight. :?

Still, NLMSX works, so I am happy.